North Carolina-Outer Banks

Photographers, Florist and Day-Of Planner

Time is flying by and I still haven't nailed down a photographer and florist for 5/18/10 wedding...luckily our wedding is a tuesday so most vendors are still free...yippee! 

Photographers--any feedback on Chris Bickford? 

Florists--looking for mainly bouquets. Planning to stick with simple sea grass and other "natural" looking flowers for the outdoor ceremony and reception...looking for affordable..suggestions?

Planner--thinking of the Proper Setting..feedback?

Thanks so much for your help ladies!
Shannon

Re: Photographers, Florist and Day-Of Planner

• BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Mary Basnight as my photographer and she was amazing!  For flowers, I highly recommend Renee Landry.  You can not go wrong with her.  She is the absolute best!
  • BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have pictures from Mary.  If you consider using her just let me know and I'll give you the website.
  • jam679jam679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beckystix -
    What was the pricing like for Renee Landry? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For Photography - I would check out Matt Lusk, a young photographer just starting out with a great eye for more creative shots...
    mattluskphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using The Embellishers, out of Wanchese NC. They are just outside of Manteo, where we will be getting married.

My flowers will cost just over $500 (6 bouquets, 6 bouts, and 3 corsages) and they also have DAY-OF coordinating (helping set up and break down too...) and can pretty much customize any plan you want. They have tons of stuff you can rent if you need! My day of will also cost just over $500 ...  bringing my total for DAYOF coordination and FLOWERS to about $1000!!!

I'm super excited and Gail and Brenda are wonderful to work with! Very friendly, easy going, and very educated in what they're doing.
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist is Dorothy with Bells and Whistles. She has been great to work with and I love her ideas. Also, everyone I've talked with that is in the wedding business on the OBX has recommended Nanette with Proper Setting for day of.

Audra
  • kate1321kate1321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you haven't booked a day of planner yet check out Steller Events, Courtney Arnold.  She has been priceless for us, and will do as much or as little as you want!

• lesleyutlesleyut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nannette at the Proper Setting is my wedding planner and she has been extremely helpful and very easy to work worth.  I highly recommend her. 

I'm also looking for a florist.  I have contacted Dorothy at Bells and Whistles.  She seems to have a lot of good ideas if you don't know exactly what you are looking for (like me).  The prices seem decent, but I don't have anything to compare them with yet. 
  • denshan111denshan111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the replies! We've settled on Beach Productions for our photos. Met Julie at the expo and we just hit it off. I can't WAIT to work with her! She's fun and creative and really responsive.

99 percent sure we'll be using the Embellishers for florals and day-of. I love the stylng of Renee Landry but don't think I can afford one more vendor! 

Have also heard great things about The Proper Setting but the Embellishers price is great and the women who own the company are great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards