Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Can I hand-deliver thank yous?

For instance, we have a family party tomorrow. Can I hand-deliver the thank yous since lots of them will be there, or is it far classier to send them as usual? I think send, but perhaps it's acceptable anyway? yea or nay?

Re: Can I hand-deliver thank yous?

• Options
    I don't see a problem with hand delivering them, but maybe it is some huge feaux pas that I don't know about. I figure as long as the right parties receive a handwritten thank you, you should be fine.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I don't have a problem hand-delivering TY's. You save a stamp, and they know you took the time, since you're putting it right in their hands. I think it's a win-win.
  • Options
    I say to send them in the mail.  I'd be tempted to hand-deliver them as well, but people like getting personal notes in the mail since it's so rare these days. 
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, Rho!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hand-deliver-thank-yous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dc3cc1b-0c91-4c62-9325-9e677d104903Post:7f3abf1b-41ee-47e3-acf5-9e116b70afe4">Re: Can I hand-deliver thank yous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say to send them in the mail.  I'd be tempted to hand-deliver them as well, but people like getting personal notes in the mail since it's so rare these days. 
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]

yes I agree...I like the surprise element.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I vote mail. Mainly because I like getting mail that is not from Chase Bank.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I'd mail them. It makes it a little more formal and "special" -- it's so rare to actually get real mail these days!
  • Options
    I say mail, but only because it sounds like not everyone would be getting one.  Seems like a passive aggressive way to say "oh, you didn't get us anything."  Not that you'd be doing that at all, but it could be viewed that way by those not getting notes. 

It's like elementary school valentine's - have one for everybody, or don't bring them at all.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hand-deliver-thank-yous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dc3cc1b-0c91-4c62-9325-9e677d104903Post:a19bb4d2-0274-4b4f-ae76-550f33bff9d4">Re: Can I hand-deliver thank yous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote mail. Mainly because I like getting mail that is not from Chase Bank.
    Posted by mandybear7[/QUOTE]

hahaha  add Bank of America to that list as well.

I would stick them in the mail also.  Nice personal touch.
  • Options
    I like the mail idea. I love getting handwritten cards in the mail. Makes me feel Victorian.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hand-deliver-thank-yous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dc3cc1b-0c91-4c62-9325-9e677d104903Post:c47d86a5-848f-4b20-8c85-4fbe34956a32">Re: Can I hand-deliver thank yous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say mail, but only because it sounds like not everyone would be getting one.  Seems like a passive aggressive way to say "oh, you didn't get us anything."  Not that you'd be doing that at all, but it could be viewed that way by those not getting notes.  It's like elementary school valentine's - have one for everybody, or don't bring them at all.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

I just meant that most of the family (who came to the wedding) would be there tomorrow. So all that would be at the family gathering came to the wedding and gave a gift, so they'd all be getting cards. The family who aren't attending tomorrows party would get one mailed. Does that clear it up?

Anyway, think I'll just mail them! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards