Oregon

Another seamstress post

I've been asking around, trying to find a seamstress around Salem that has wedding gown experience. I really haven't found anyone and was wondering, should I just find someone in Portland? It's only an hour each way and what, 3 trips max? I need a hem, bustle, and the neck straps on the halter adjusted. I also want a corset back put in, which is what makes me nervous about using someone I have no feedback on. So should I just suck it up and pay David's Bridal prices or find someone in Portland?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another seamstress post

• edited December 2011
    I would avoid David's Bridal if you have any choice in the matter. Then again, if you factor in the cost of your time - the drive - the cost and hassle of having to hit Portland every time for a fitting -- maybe David's Bridal prices aren't too outrageous! I cannot honestly believe that Salem (or heck Corvallis?) doesn't have a great seamstress out there. I found "The Wedding Dress Lady" in Grants Pass - that's what everyone calls her - by word of mouth. And she works out of a upscale clothing store here. Maybe you a place like that (where the jeans cost a $100 a pair - my cheap self freaks over that!) you might have some luck!
  • edited December 2011

If you're willing to come up to Portland, you will find no one better than Kathi Agen.  She has been raved about on this board for years!

www.bridal101.com

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to Kathi.  Do it.  I didn't and it's the only thing about my wedding that I regret.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards