Snarky Brides

Anyone around?

FI is at his bachelor party for the night.. I'm staying at my mom's and she's outta town, so I've got the place to myself.

What's everyone else up to?

Re: Anyone around?

• edited April 2012
    I'm hanging out for now.  I just binged a bit on a homemade GF pasta dinner.  It wasn't a binge but pretty close ;)  I'm also sipping a yummy glass of wine which I probably shouldn't do because of my race tomorrow but I'm all nerves at this point.  Clearly I wont win and I'm certain I wont come in last,  but I'm always a bundle of nerves before a race.  I'm strange.

Chels, do you know what your FI is doing for his party?
  • Also, the first thread in HM... WTF is up with that?
  • Is it a running race or race of something else?
    He and the guys went to BWW fror dinner, and now they're all at my dad's drinking.  My dad is outta town but he offered for them all to afterparty there so that my bros aren't out drinking in public (they're underage)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:e6868718-5e88-4bac-9eed-9743390cd6ab">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, the first thread in HM... WTF is up with that?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Woah.. that's weird..It's almost like spam completely failed
  • Yeah it's a 10K race (running).  I've done that distance plenty of times but when in race mode it's always a toss up for me.  This one hopefully wont be bad... just under 2000 runners.  I run another race with 11,000 runners which leads to a lot of bottlenecking especially around water stops.  

That was nice of your dad to do that.  Also, that way no one will have to worry about finding rides home, etc.  

Yes, that post is definitely spam gone wrong.  
  • I'm so jealous, I wish I could run like that.  My knees are awful, so I always end up in a shitton of pain when i run. That's why I love the elliptical so much.
    I'm sure you will do great tomorrow!
  • Thanks!  My knees hate me but my shoes have been helpful for the most part thankfully.  I used to get weird mystery bruises on my knees when I used the elliptical.

It's dead in here tonight.  That or everyone is MUCH cooler than me at the moment with fun lives that don't involve the internet on a Saturday night ;)
  • Ugh, I am the same way before races. A lot of times I cry at the starting line (which is really embarrassing) but so far it hasn't seemed to hurt my performance, so I just go with it at this point. I'm sure you'll be awesome though.

• Haven't seen you around much lately arwo, how have you been? I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:e5f32f48-d6e9-4e06-b53d-181c392bdb83">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, I am the same way before races. A lot of times I cry at the starting line (which is really embarrassing) but so far it hasn't seemed to hurt my performance, so I just go with it at this point. I'm sure you'll be awesome though.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm glad I'm not the only one that has crazy pre-race jitters!  I know it will be fine because it always is.  I'm just silly.  </div>
  • Hey, ladies.  How ya doing?
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Have a good race tomorrow, Ibarr.  I get very nervous before a bike ride.  Even if it's just a group of friends.  Worse before an organized ride.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:ad74fcfa-95f6-4a1e-a471-eec1e4150d42">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!  My knees hate me but my shoes have been helpful for the most part thankfully.  I used to get weird mystery bruises on my knees when I used the elliptical. It's dead in here tonight.  That or everyone is MUCH cooler than me at the moment with fun lives that don't involve the internet on a Saturday night ;)

Well if it's about coolness, then I'm not cool either ;)
    My knees bow inward when I stand, so there's a lot of pressure on my inner knees which makes it reallly hard to run.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:dc363a5b-260b-4394-90ad-a62e9774c6f2">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have a good race tomorrow, Ibarr.  I get very nervous before a bike ride.  Even if it's just a group of friends.  Worse before an organized ride.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!  It really is nice to hear that these nervous feelings are more common than I think.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Les and Arwo... how have you been?  I feel like I haven't seen you around that often (arwo... I've seen you every once in awhile on GIS).</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:2b9cd4e6-9c54-4984-b127-84ed6533dde7">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't seen you around much lately arwo, how have you been? I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have been busy. I shouldn't even be posting right now, but I needed to take a break from schoolwork.
  • I haven't been around much lately.  Work is killing me, and I usually just lurk for a few minutes while I'm eating lunch.
  • Ahh, you both sound like you've been pretty busy!

I always feel "guilty" because I do knot at work.  With my job I have a lot of breaks during experiments for 10-15 minutes at a time.  That usually doesn't allow time to start anything new so I usually sit on here.  It's bad.  No one seems to care as long as things are getting done but I feel like an awful employee.
  • Hi Les! Sorry to hear work is so stressful :(
    Don't beat yourself up Arwo, you deserve a break! I hope your workload gets better!
  • Good Evening ladies.

I did tons of yardwork, garden prep, and heavy lifting today and now I'm pooped.  But at least I'm almost ready for real spring.  I won't plant yet because usually we've still got two feet of snow on the ground and I've never planted before the 2nd week of April.  But I got my tomato boxes all ready to go with their shiny, new, and multi-colored cages.  So pretty!  Like a rainbow on my deck.  I also planted two new rosebushes and got some raspberry canes in the ground.  Now we just have to get the fence touched up, my raised bed built, and I'm good to go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:3ed27296-2f59-4ab9-8692-d055dcf67fc3">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it a running race or race of something else? He and the guys went to BWW fror dinner, and now they're all at my dad's drinking.  My dad is outta town but <strong>he offered for them all to afterparty there so that my bros aren't out drinking in public (they're underage)</strong>
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>You know you're from WI when...</div><div>
    </div><div>Hi ladies. H is at an alumni thing for his fraternity. My family is in town, because they fly out tomorrow for FL. I went to dinner with them and they just left my house, so I'm all alone with the pups. (Who are both ignoring me.)</div><div>
    </div><div>I am debating ordering a crappy chick flick on PPV, but I'll just fall asleep anyway...</div>
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Hi Chels!  It will get better in a few weeks.  We have a big deadline in mid-April, so March is always madness.  I can stop working Saturdays soon.  I can't wait - it's hard to stay motivated when all I do is work.  I've missed the boards.
  • Anna, I can't wait to have a garden some day.  That is the one thing I'm looking forward to with home-ownership way in the future.

Steph, FI saw me scrolling through here and commented how cute he thought your pups were :)  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:ab317e10-51fb-456c-bdc8-dcb4e6d13d66">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Chels!  It will get better in a few weeks.  We have a big deadline in mid-April, so March is always madness.  <strong>I can stop working Saturdays soon. </strong> I can't wait - it's hard to stay motivated when all I do is work.  I've missed the boards.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

<div>That will be awesome when it slows down a bit.  I have to say I'm glad I only have to go in on the occasional weekend.  During the warm months FI works at least 1 weekend day.  We love when Thanksgiving hits because he just works 5 days a week during the cold months.</div>
  • Anna! 
    I've got a tab open to Home Depot.com to shop for materials to make the raised garden bed around the patio.  I need more garden space, and we need to finish off the patio, so we decided a raised bed that's seat height would be nice.  I should go search Pinterest.
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Hi! 
    H and I had a busy day today. The snow has been melting like crazy lately and there is water everywhere around our yard. We went down to the basement (our house is still under construction) to check out the sump pump and there was water all over the basement. We had just finished preping for the slabs to be poured and the guy had just finished installing our in-floor heating and there was water everywhere. So here we were freaking out thinking that we were going to have to rip out all the work we just finished doing. Bah. It turns out it was an easy fix and the plumber is coming back tomorrow to fix what went wrong. Holy stressful though. 
  • Reils, I love the new pic!
    Steph, lol right?  Gota love WI :)  My dad trusts FI though to make sure the boys don't get outta hand.  One of them lived in Austria for a year, so he's very much used to regular drinking.  What movie are you thinking of watching?

I am dying to make a garden. I won't be able to do much of one this year with where we live.  I"ll need to make a box garden because I can't till up the yard.  I still want to at least make something so we can have our own veggies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f63fcfd6-b08a-4811-848f-2e9473543a2ePost:4ae3e3c2-278a-46af-9f3b-e522482b1903">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : That will be awesome when it slows down a bit.  I have to say I'm glad I only have to go in on the occasional weekend.  During the warm months FI works at least 1 weekend day.  We love when Thanksgiving hits because he just works 5 days a week during the cold months.

Thanks.  Yeah, my work is really seasonal.  As soon as we finalize year-end, we'll have to close first quarter.  I will get better after April, and I've go some vacation planned for May and June.
  • I would've had a panic attack if I saw water in the basement, reils.  Good thing it's an easy fix and not a big setback.
  • haha, tell him thanks lbarr :) I agree. They're quite cute. 
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Thanks, Chelsea!

I can't wait to start gardening. We won't have time to get anything set up for my garden until fall but it should be ready for me to plant some stuff next spring. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards