Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Song for Mother/Son Dance (Stepmother)

We are trying to find a song for my fiance to use for a dance with his step-mom.  We already have a song picked out for his biological mom.  Any suggestions?  Or would it be better if he did half the song with his mom and half with his step mom?

Re: Song for Mother/Son Dance (Stepmother)

• MissTheFrog84MissTheFrog84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it mostly depends on how close he is to his step mother.  

Maybe you could use The Rainbow Connection- Kermit the Frog.  there are other version's of the song I just can't remember off the top of my head who else performed the song.  
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any specific spng suggestions, it's a personal thing for those two to odecide upon. 

However, I just listened to the 'rainbow connection' not only the kermit version, and I think it's an odd choice for a wedding reception dance....unless it has very significant meaning for the two dancing.  Even the Jason Mraz version is out-of-place for such an event... Just my opinion.

Google 'mother son dance song" and i'm sure you'll have more than enough hits to go thru & see what strikes you, FI & Step-mom.  Maybe step-mom has a favorite song she's been thinking of???
    When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • SaraRose1124SaraRose1124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "You've Got a Friend in Me"  Randy Newman
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards