Snarky Brides
Options

Crocs

2»

Re: Crocs

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:913a7a17-f1dc-4197-881e-4940bc3755ac">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crocs : Hahaha thanks, I was already looking at some, too! I really try not to, but I kind of side-eye other medical staff wearing the ones with the holes.  That's just bad infection control right there.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

totally agree.  walking pathogen carriers.  eww.  But really, comfiest things i have ever worn on my feet.  I wore them in the lab because they could be shot with quatricide at the end of the day without damaging them. 
  • Options
    Anna I completely understand about the injury aspect. When I got out of a wheel chair and out of TWO walking casts that's all I could wear. People would give me so much hell for it.

Well than you try wearing "normal" shoes with two long incisions and swollen feet thank you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:5acc2fd1-0eb5-4609-8f75-3cbe0bd71459">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crocs : totally agree.  walking pathogen carriers.  eww.  But really, comfiest things i have ever worn on my feet.  I wore them in the lab because they could be shot with quatricide at the end of the day without damaging them. 
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>I just leave my shoes in the garage.  Never, EVER wear them in my house.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also I use those wipes (with the purple top - you know what I'm talking about, right?) on them every day before I leave.  I have a container in my car, and do it outside of my car, then throw them in a plastic bag.</div><div>
    </div><div>Ugh.  You are never going to find MRSA in my house.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:febf3399-b48c-424e-9767-91c8530c4fbe">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crocs : I just leave my shoes in the garage.  Never, EVER wear them in my house. Also I use those wipes (with the purple top - you know what I'm talking about, right?) on them every day before I leave.  I have a container in my car, and do it outside of my car, then throw them in a plastic bag. Ugh.  You are never going to find MRSA in my house.

I have studied MRSA for years.  I shudder to think of how big a colony you could grow from a swab of my sinuses (most likely place to hang out)  We're good friends at this point.  I can almost seperate types of staph. by smell.  it's totally sick
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:c929fc38-55e9-4ece-8648-3d9dc6636fd4">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny story about wearing them outside. I worked at a tubing hill (winter, snow tubing) and this family was on vacation from like CA or something and they wore crocs to the tubing hill. I flet bad for um but really, its snow how does it sound like a good idea to wear shoes with holes to a place with snow. <strong>Side note-Don't vist MN in the winter, it sucks.</strong>
    Posted by EmilyW416[/QUOTE]

WEAK
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:913a7a17-f1dc-4197-881e-4940bc3755ac">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crocs : Hahaha thanks, I was already looking at some, too! I really try not to, but I kind of side-eye other medical staff wearing the ones with the holes. <strong> That's just bad infection control right there.</strong>

Kind of like wearing scrubs out after leaving work; that drives me crazy when I see that.  What's the point of wearing scrubs that people are getting sick people crud on all day.  My FI wears scrubs home after being on call, told her don't come near me until you change clothes.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:42fc94cb-e446-4a44-b737-f1f31671ecea">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crocs : Kind of like wearing scrubs out after leaving work; that drives me crazy when I see that.  What's the point of wearing scrubs that people are getting sick people crud on all day.  My FI wears scrubs home after being on call, told her don't come near me until you change clothes.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Our lab protocols require us to change before leaving.  We all change into clean scrubs.
  • Options
    I can't stand them and think they are ugly but I'm not going to judge someone else for wearing them.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options

They do make special socks for those 5-finger shoes.  My husband uses the shoes for triathlon training and he has the socks to go with.  They are the oddest looking things but he swears they're helping his run training.

• Options
    Lol Benj just a warning if your from warm weather it sucks in the winter. They told me they didn't know it was this cold or that snow was cold. I didn't know what to tell them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_crocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60737695-237f-493c-b183-a63ad64ddecaPost:d32cf195-67ff-4423-b1c3-99860f3042ec">Re: Crocs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every time I see people in Crocs in public I am DYING to ask them "so, was it too difficult to put on real shoes?" It's right up there with wearing pajamas to the bank/grocery store, etc? I was so annoyed one by being subjected to a woman in tattered PJ's and NO bra in a bank once that I said to FI (loudly) "what is wrong with people, does it REALLY take that much more effort to put on real clothes." I judge people who are too lazy to put on real clothes when out in public (u<strong>nless in the emergency room</strong>).
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

I have been to the emergency room in a bathing suit. True story. Waterskiing accident. 4 stitches.

Oh, and I own the croc flip flops because they are comfortable, indestructable and don't look like crocs.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes crocs are fugly, but so are uggs and lots of other clothes. I really don't care what other people wear. I wear sweats to class cuz it's cold and I'm just sitting there. People can judge me, I'm cool with that.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards