Snarky Brides

NEWBS, LURKERS (and regs too)

I've seen new faces lately. J's not around to do newbie polls anymore, so here you go. Tell me about your.

How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding?

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance?

Favorite poster here? Least? 

Favorite thread/topic? least?

Any pets? photos required.

Re: NEWBS, LURKERS (and regs too)

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I will after dinner.
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'll play!

1. How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? We got engaged a couple of years after we met in college.  He buried the ring in a box of books he had gotten me for my classroom.  I missed it the first time through!  The wedding is June 23, 2012- less than 3 months to go!
    2.Favorite thing about your FI/SO? He is always introducing me to new things, and he pushes me to get out of my comfort zone and experience more of life.  I would be much more boring without him.
    3. Biggest annoyance? He's gotten lax about getting his clothes in the hamper again.
    4. Favorite poster here? Least?  AATB is hilarious (duh), J always has an interesting POV, Sherr is fun,  blah blah blah I could go on.  I like the posters here, which is why I tend post here when I do post.  Least used to be Blue because I found her to be so abrasive (in an "I'm going to go out of my way to be an asshole" kind of way), but I actually have gotten to like her.  Mostly because I think I *get* her better now.
    5. Favorite thread/topic? least? Obviously, I like night threads because it's the only time I can be around to participate.  I also like AYG, AKA, etc type threads when they doesn't dissolve after the first page.
    6. Any pets? Not yet, because we've been so unsure where we will be from year to year, but now that things are settling, I think we're going to get a goldendoodle this summer.  I like them because they're cute, calm, and don't shed, and he likes them because they get huge!

pic of future dog:
    View Full Size Image 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited March 2012
    Well steph you know I love to talk about myself.

How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding?  Ben and I were high school sweethearts who broke up sr year.  I had a boyfriend for six years after that and left him to get back together with Ben.  We pretty much decided when we got back together that "this was it" and a year and a half later we made it official.  I picked out my ring.  But he did surprise me with a candy basket one night in his apartment; it had a white rose in it with my ring nestled inside.  Completely dorky.   But cute. Wedding was November 20, 2010.

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance?  Favorite thing - he is the only person (other than immediate family) I am 100% myself with and he is my best friend.  Kind of an all encompassing thing, lol.  But whatever.  Biggest annoyance.  HE UNTUCKS THE SHEETS FROM OUR BED.  And then he will pull the sheet to the side and sleep with the comforter on top of him, because with the sheet it's "too hot."  FFS.

Favorite poster here? Least? ACK I hate this question.  Hmm.  Fave poster has to be Nuggs.  That heifer cracks me the fuckup more than anyone here ever has or ever will.  Least fave... hrm.  Kind of a copout because this was forever ago but LTZ, she was really cool and then she GBCK'd and basically gave everyone the finger.  That sucked.

Favorite thread/topic? least?  I love threads that devolve into fun discussions - usually UOs, I judge or whatever threads.  I don't like threads that are all about Hunger Games or Harry Potter or whatever, but that's just because I'm not interested in those things.  SO i always ignore those.

Any pets? photos required.  LUCY!!!

panther
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    How'd you get engaged? We got engaged in our loving room on our year anniversary. Then we celebrated with bang bang shrimp at Bonefish When's the wedding? It was 6/25/11 Favorite thing about your FI/SO? He couldn't be more supportive.  Biggest annoyance? He doesn't hang up wet towels and forgets to make the bed. Favorite poster here? Cew. We haven't interacted much but she seems to always say exactly what I'm thinking. Least? She isn't my least favorite poster and I like her and think she is a nice person but when chels posts, a lot of the times I think, "we get it" Favorite thread/topic?I like confessions, AYG, judgements, etc.  least? I never really post in evening threads.  Any pets? Geno is a 2 year old shepherd mix and Ike is a 2 year old hound.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? after work on a Friday, I came running in the house because I had to pee. I came running through the living room with my pants already half unzipped and he said "hey I gotta ask you something right now." I turned around and he was down on his knee. I literally almost peed my pants. We got hitched 4.16.11

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? we have so much fun together, he's really my best friend Biggest annoyance? he's just as stubborn as I am.

Favorite poster here? I'm going to try and name people that I usually don't remember in lovefests. Celtic, MuSu, lbarr Least? I'm still kind of annoyed at Alli over the teacher stuff. I respect her opinion on the matter, I was just really bummed at how she came across because she's usually pretty good at making her points in a nonassholeish way.

Favorite thread/topic? debates, judge, ayg, uo, any thing that gets good discussions going least? at the moment, HG, mostly because I just don't give a shiit about it and I'm selfish

Any pets? photos required. Two bad cats, Allie and Dezi, I'm too lazy to go find pics. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry my formatting is weird. I copy and pasted from notes on the iPad and can't go back and edit long posts.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbs-lurkers-and-regs-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cfcb258c-0778-4852-a6c6-6dce472962a3Post:72790971-b1b5-4aba-a0ec-1e7fe8a86501">Re: NEWBS, LURKERS (and regs too)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Engaged in your loving room, hike? How appropriate. Lol.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Haha. Damn my shiity typing.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding?: J proposed after re-enacting our first date and he did it downtown MPLS in a courtyard in the middle of the city. I choked on my ice cream. :) Wedding was January 6, 2012.

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance?:
    Favorite thing: his ability to make me laugh, and to laugh with me at my weirdness.
    Annoyance: short attention span.

Favorite poster here? Least? 
    Favorite: Such a hard question. Probably Blue, Steph, J&K, Dmill, Pixie when she is around.
    Least favorite: Allisong

Favorite thread/topic? least?
    I like threads that inspire intelligent debate. Or a good AYG that is entertaining to read.

My 1.5 year old chocolate lab, Tory:

and she will soon be getting a baby puppy sister, a chesapeake bay retriever, in May. :)
  • Just finished my paper and taking a break for dinner so wth, I'll bite.

How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? H proposed at our old apartment on July 25, '09, in our bedroom.  He hid the ring on the cat's collar and let me find it.  We got married on November 5, 2010.

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance? Favorite thing is his gentle nature and how laid-back he is.  Biggest annoyance: stubbornness.

Favorite poster here? Least? MandaPanda, when she's around.  I don't have a least favorite poster.  Anyone who creates an AE and posts on the E board to attack someone.  I hate banning people, and at least have the ovaries to say what you want under your real SN.

Favorite thread/topic? least? I like any topic that provokes a discussion.  I didn't even mind the 900 threads on BC or abortion.  I hate the endless rounds of "but MY story is UNEEK!" when no, it's really not.

Any pets? photos required.  Yep.  Three black cats (Ollie, Tabitha, and Tempest) and a guinea pig (Milo)

Tempest:

Ollie and Tabitha:

Milo:

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? FI proposed to me in his kitchen after we made dinner together. It was low key, pretty much the opposite of what I thought I wanted, but I absolutely loved it and wouldn't have changed anything about it. The wedding is January 11, 2013.

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance? My favorite thing about FI is how loving and nurturing he is towards me, since he doesn't seem like he would be that kind of guy. Biggest annoyance is that he takes forever to get things done. I've given him one assignment for the wedding (contact the priest and set up Pre Cana) and it took him weeks to contact the prieast and Pre Cana is still not set up. I'm not terribly concerned because he's the one who wants to get married in the church, so if he doesn't get it done, it's on him.

Favorite poster here? Least? I haven't been here long enough to have too much of an opinion but Nugget is funny and I like Blue. I really don't have any least favorites.

Favorite thread/topic? least? I like Superlatives, I'm not sure if you guys do Unpop Ops or if that's E (I think I get the boards mixed up) but I like that one too. My least favorite topic is probably the abortion debates. Nobody's ever going to change anyone else's mind.

Any pets? photos required. I have 2 dogs who I'll have to leave behind when I move our of my parents' house and then FI has a dog who is pretty much mine as well at this point. Here he is:

ETA - lindseyann - He's a goldendoodle and while he's very sweet and doesn't shed, he is NOT calm, haha.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? My husband proposed outside the academic building at our university where we had a class together and where we met.  Wedding was May 5th, 2011 in Beeeeeeermuda.

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance? He's so calm and understanding.  But he can be a bit dramatic about certain things.

Favorite poster here? Least? I enjoy funny people and am annoyed by stupid people.

Favorite thread/topic? least? I like and get super annoyed in equal measure with AYG and Unpopular Opinions.

• Dot my parents' dog is Bubba!  He is half lab, half chow.

Also my grandparents had a cat named Doobie.  There is a lot of pot smoking that went on in that family, lol.  So yeah...
    panther
  • dot, I love your dogs. They are so stinking cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbs-lurkers-and-regs-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cfcb258c-0778-4852-a6c6-6dce472962a3Post:db01f24a-8ad5-4194-b55e-0166f27d9bb1">Re: NEWBS, LURKERS (and regs too)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEWBS, LURKERS (and regs too) :
    I thought it was hilarious. Engaged in loving room, celebrate with bang bang at the bone. Heh.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I has a sexy engagement and I didn't even know it!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha now I am never letting my kids name future dogs. lol.
  • How'd you get engaged? We had sushi for dinner (mutual fave), and then he made me stand in front of the christmas tree with my eyes closed... the funny part was that earlier that night I'd told him I was on cloud9 and couldn't be happier. I was wrong. When's the wedding? August! And there's oh so little planned... Favorite thing about your FI/SO? He never complains about me snoring! Biggest annoyance? That I occasionally wake up to my nose being pinched... because I was snoring! Favorite poster here? So many! I'm still working on sorting out who is who half the time (like when I'm mobile and have no sigs.) Least? Stupid trolls Favorite thread/topic? I won't lie. I love the drama filled soap opera ones... least? The soaps that turn into stupid trolls. Any pets? Rebel - photo in sig
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? We got engaged at the restaurant where we had our very first date. It was a few days after Christmas and very much 'us'. Been married 2.5 years, Oct 10, 2009.

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance? He's super intelligent and passionate and can keep up a great conversation with me. He leaves his fucking nasty ass dirty socks on the table.

Favorite poster here? Least? Favs: Mehg, Steph, Nebb, Sewf, jcb, dmills, too many to name! Least: I honestly don't dislike anyone who posts here regularly, but I do get annoyed with certain people-- Chels, Yaga, NicholeS.

Favorite thread/topic? least? I like threads where people argue and disagree because then I can at least get 2 sides or opinions on stuff. My least favorites have to do with babies, food or home stuff.

Ewok dog

Kitty was hungover from New Year's Eve

• How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding?
    He proposed in my old apartment in Kodiak the very minute I got home from work on June 24, 2009. He popped up off the couch as if he couldn't wait any longer.
    Favorite thing about your FI/SO?
    He's my best pal in the world. He accepts me no matter what, even when I'm being difficult.

Biggest annoyance?
    He's a slob. I'm a neat freak. He doesn't get why things "need to be so clean all the time".

Favorite poster here?
    I love me some Nebbula. And  of course the usual ladies that I lovefest (Sesh, Shay, AATB, kd, dmills, Raynes, arwo, anna, jcb, koda, bk, et al)

Least?
    Haha it's funny that you'd say that Dot, because I used to not like you, but I see we have a lot in common and have been enjoying chatting with you lately.
    Recently brookerich has been getting on my nerves. And Nindakay the other night, too.
    Favorite thread/topic?
    I love polls, especially ones with pics. Superlatives are fun, too.

least?
    I rarely get involved in political or religious debates. They make me uncomfortable and prefer not to discuss them, even IRL.

Any pets?
    No, sadly. But when we move to VA we hope to get a puppy or two.

photos required. WANT THESE

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • H and I were engaged on 6/25/2009, our 3-year anniversary. We were married on 4/10/10.

Pet pics, you say?

(this is Falki, Whisky's evil sister)

• I don't want to answer the poll but HI YALL

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Mara - I forgot to lovefest you, and I apologize. Even though I rarely ever 'get' your sigs, I love it when you post because you make me laugh. The gifs you recently posted of Van der Beek cracked me up. And I think you're beautiful, too. :)

I've also been loving Blue lately. The more we talk, the more I find we have in common, and she has such moxie. I admire her.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbs-lurkers-and-regs-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cfcb258c-0778-4852-a6c6-6dce472962a3Post:8804f0dd-44cb-4bbf-ae72-7d87beadd449">Re: NEWBS, LURKERS (and regs too)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenni, your dog is smiling at me. What is he? So cute!

Two words: Breathe Right. They work.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Thanks! He's a german shepherd/husky mix... 50lb fluffball!

I wish they worked for me! I really need surgery... one of those things that seemed NBD when it was just Rebel in the bedroom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Re:NEWBS, LURKERS and regs too:[QUOTE]Just finished my paper and taking a break for dinner so wth, I'll bite.How'd you get engaged? When's the wedding? H proposed at our old apartment on July 25, '09, in our bedroom.nbsp; He hid the ring on the cat's collar and let me find it.nbsp; We got married on November 5, 2010.Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Biggest annoyance? Favorite thing is his gentle nature and how laidback he is.nbsp; Biggest annoyance: stubbornness.Favorite poster here? Least? MandaPanda, when she's around.nbsp; I don't have a least favorite poster.nbsp; Anyone who creates an AE and posts on the E board to attack someone.nbsp; I hate banning people, and at least have the ovaries to say what you want under your real SN.Favorite thread/topic? least? I like any topic that provokes a discussion.nbsp; I didn't even mind the 900 threads on BC or abortion.nbsp; I hate the endless rounds of "but MY story is UNEEK!" when no, it's really not.Any pets? photos required.nbsp; Yep.nbsp; Three black cats Ollie, Tabitha, and Tempest and a guinea pig MiloTempest: Ollie and Tabitha: Milo: Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]I'm going to have to pignap Milo. So adorable!!
  • Sesh, where did the name Falki come from?
  • NebbNebb member
    How'd you get engaged?  I told him I wanted an engagement ring for christmas so he got me one

When's the wedding? July 2008

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? He gets my humour and laughs at all the dumb things I do, he puts up with a lot.

Biggest annoyance? He is lazier than I am

Favorite poster here? Blue, Steph, Sesh, Mehg, Dmill, Mara, Smash, Raynes, Sept, Numbers, Kimheartsscott, Boobs and Cew.

Least? CCF, Nates and Chels

Favorite thread/topic? The ones I start :P

least? american politics

Any pets? yes, but im not on my picture computer.
  • I miss Kimheartsscott.  She cracks my shiit up.

Nebb, I <3 the new sig

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbs-lurkers-and-regs-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cfcb258c-0778-4852-a6c6-6dce472962a3Post:b892f359-c4bb-419b-a233-ec365019b9d1">Re:NEWBS, LURKERS and regs too</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, where did the name Falki come from?
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Well, my brother got to pick her out, so I kind of got first dibs on the name. My favorite movie/book is The NeverEnding Story, so I wanted to name her after Falkor. We added the "a" since she is a girl, so Falkora.

And over the years (she's about 9 now) it just got shortened to Falki. I don't even think she answers to Falkora anymore. She goes by Falki or Kitty Girl (my mom's nickname for her).
  • NebbNebb member
    I love kim and scott, and I miss her. She is awesome. and Thank you :)
  • In Response to Re:NEWBS, LURKERS and regs too:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:NEWBS, LURKERS and regs too:Sesh, where did the name Falki come from?Posted by polichikWell,nbsp;my brother got to pick her out, so I kind of got first dibs on the name. My favorite movie/book is The NeverEnding Story, so I wanted to name her after Falkor. We added the "a" since she is a girl, so Falkora.And over the years she's about 9 now it just got shortened to Falki. I don't even think she answers to Falkora anymore. She goes by Falki or Kitty Girl my mom's nickname for her. Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE] That's amazing! You just named my favorite childhood movie : Did you ever see the sequels?
  • How'd you get engaged?  After a lovely fancy dinner I took a nap while he hung out with friends and then he came in and came to cuddle and proposed.  It was really cute but I was half asleep so I was groggy.

When's the wedding?  June 30th

Favorite thing about your FI/SO? Really smart, kind

Biggest annoyance? He's a neat freak

Favorite poster here? Uhh I've always liked J and Nuggs. Nebb makes me el oh el often too.

Least? I really want to cop out on this. There's no one I really internet hate or anything but damn sometimes Chels bugs me with her politics and religious posts. Then she never posts on our month board (I can understand that) but then AW her shower, it just seemed dumb. I *know* you because of E and SB but most of the ladies there only post there so it was lame.

Favorite thread/topic? AYG which for the longest time I thought was "all you got"

least? "I'm snarky too, snark snark snark"

Some day this will be MINE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards