Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Amanda Marks Photography - DO NOT HIRE

I got married almost one year ago and Amanda has still not given me everything she owes me.  Amanda was very unprofessional and within 3 months of my wedding she stopped returning phone calls and she didnt respond to  emals.  she is overall NOT CONCERNED!
BEST PART - She is using me as ADVERTISEMENT! My photos are on her brochures, her website etc.  I am a very unhappy client and I wish she wouldn't use my photos to promote her business!  Any other past brides going through these same issues with Amanda Marks Photo?
NEW BRIDES PLEASE BE WARE OF AMANDA MARKS PHOTOGRAPHY!

Re: Amanda Marks Photography - DO NOT HIRE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you. At this point, if I were you, I'd be knocking on her door asking where the stuff I paid for is. Good luck and hope  you get everything she owes you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    citybayougirlcitybayougirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for saying something, I requested info from her
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am so sorry this happened to you.  I lost 600 bucks to this woman and she did nothing but give me a headache.  I would get her address and go to her home and ask for your pictures.  I have heard nothing but horrible things from her and I am glad I didn't book her.  She is awful and apparently is causing a bas taste in the photography community's mouth.

I am glad everyone is letting future brides know what a horrible photographer she is.  I hope you get your pictures soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. She's also really expensive for average pictures.  (No offense, OP). 

If anyone is still looking, check out Babs Evangelista.  Impeccable service, gorgeous photos, and just an amazing personality. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NOLAbridealmost- I booked her! She seems super awesome so far:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well, I've tried pretty much everything and she is completely unaffected.  She seems to be pretty heartless. 

LOLways- Be warned that everything is fine and dandy until after your wedding.  You will likely go several weeks before she returns a call if you are lucky enough to receive a returned call.  Then she will tell you whatever she needs to just to put you off for a week or two at a time....Good Luck and if you have success with her please give me advice.  I'm a desperate bride who is anxiously waiting.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think LOLways was saying she booked Babs Evangelista, not Amanda Marks. (at least I hope so!) Someone would have to be pretty crazy to book Amanda after reading this thread!!
    rae3185, have you taken any legal action? Might be worth a try.
    What a horrible person!!!
  • Options
    sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! I have heard nothing but horror stories about Amanda Marks. Definitely will not be considering her.
  • Options
    edearedear member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Amanda or her work, or what a reasonable time to deliver pictures might be (it seems almost a year is more than enough time).  But if you want my personal advice, sit down and write her a letter.  Attach whatever contract you signed with her.  Does she say anything in her contract about when she will deliver pictures?  If so, point it out.  Send the letter certified mail, return receipt requested.  It might get her moving if she sees you are working on a paper trail. 
    I doubt you can do anything about your pictures on her website bc she has the right to do that as the photographer.  You might want to contact the BBB to file a complaint.  For bigger businesses, they respond very well to the BBB.
    Good luck and thanks for the warning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, sorry for the confusion. I just realized how easy it was to misinterpret my post. I really shouldn't post when I'm in a rush, and I bet I did that when I made my previous post.

What I meant to say was that based on NOLAbridealmost's glowing review, Babs' great personality, and a meeting that went really well with her, my mother, my planner, and myself on skype... I booked BABS... not Amanda Marks. Yikes. I think I remember a thread a few months ago that mentioned similar issues with Amanda Marks being unprofessional. If anyone's looking for more info on her, then do that thread search at the bottom of the page and make sure you click "Go" for the current board.

As an aside, Babs is my second photog, so I suppose we all have our vendor hiccups sometimes. My first photog took 3 hrs worth of engagement pix and then did not contact me (even after I asked if we could PAY him and get our pics... apparently he doesn't want money??). He didn't respond to email, facebook, voicemail. And we considered him a family friend before this. He even sent (probably on some address book auto thing, but still...) a "Happy Birthday" forward email to my mom the other day. WTF.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. Nothing like seeing this 2 weeks before your wedding. I hired Amanda and now I'm very stressed about this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brod0725brod0725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'VE BEEN MARRIED 16 MONTHS AND NEVER RECIEVED MY ITIALIAN FLUSH ALBUM OR MOTHERS ALBUM. WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF SERVING HER LEGAL PAPERS!!! I WOULD FIND A NEW PHOTOGRAPHER FRO YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!
  • Options
    llaura1loullaura1lou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine booked Amanda Marks and it really hurts to watch her go through what she's had to go through over the past year.  At times, it was entertaining because I couldn't believe the lengths Amanda would go through to avoid her, but still very sad.  Her wedding was beautiful and since then she has been stressed over Amanda.  To me, it looks like the money she gave Amanda is long gone, but she hasn't received any of the albums she paid for.  It's a shame, but Amanda obviously has no heart to do this to what seems to be multiple brides.  I am so glad that I didn't book her, but I hate that my friend had to go through/is still going through all of this trouble Amanda has inflicted.  KatyLady - I know it's probably too late now, but I truly hope that you were able to find someone else to take pictures at your wedding.  If not, best of luck.  Unfortunately, I think you're going to need it.
  • Options
    dcanciennedcancienne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT USE AMANDA MARKS PHOTOGRAPHY!!! I am very dissatisfied with my wedding pictures. It's been 6 months since my wedding and I still have not received my portraits or wedding albums that I have paid in full for. She started ignoring me after the wedding and the times I do get a hold of her, she gives me the run around! HORRIBLE!
  • Options
    sroger3sroger3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me sick to my stomach b/c this is happening to me too! I got married about 9 months ago and I haven't recievded my albums. Every time I call, her mailbox is full. I have emailed her about 30 times and after many months she reponse with excuses and says this week it will be done...this week. She even had to ask for my address to mail stuff 4 times! Isn't it on the contract? She hasn't even given me edited photos from my engagment session over a year ago! I'm so upset. 
    She is very unprofessional and I think she is trying to mimic her ex-husband Stacy Marks who refered me to her to make $ but she has no idea what she is doing. She needs to stop partying with our $ and get to work. I guess I will have to get my lawyer invloved. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone been able to receive their albums from Amanda?  Just checking to see if anyone is having better luck than I am on this.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are there any consumer action groups or news stations ya'll can turn to? I think Fox 8 does this. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's been 2 months since my wedding and no word from her. No return emails or calls. I didn't even order an album. Just the disc with the photos on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klosbornklosborn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having problems with her as well.   Took her 3 months to get my wedding photos to me on a disc, and now the fun with the albums.   She responds to me sometimes and sometimes not.   I see there have been several complaints filed against her with the Better Business Bureau and she has not responded to any of the complaints!  Wow!  I wish I would have known all of this before booking her.  I am an attorney (she knows this) and she gives me the run-around as well. 
  • Options
    klosbornklosborn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Has anyone actually received their wedding albums from Amanda?   Does she have any intention to ever give us what we paid for?  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As an attorney, what advice do you have as to how to proceed from here to get Amanda to fulfill her contract with us for the albums purchased?
  • Options
    She has disconnected her phone number. I can't believe I'm not going to get what I paid for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got married a few months ago and haven't heard a word. What are we supposed to do?!!
  • Options
    Has anyone had any resolutions with these issues? If so how did you get your photos? Has anyone actually filed any type of lawsuit against her?Does anyone know if her current address is correct?
    I think it is important that we all use this site as a resource to get our pictures! Please post if you get any updates from her especially a new phone number.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for posting this. What a nightmare! I hope that everyone is able to get their pictures, or at the very least a full refund (even though I know that is no consolation).

I feel like it's also a poor reflection on Stacy Marks if he recommends her and this is how she behaves. I am in the process of looking for a photographer, and I chose not to even consider Stacy, although I like his portfolio, because of the fact that he has recommended Amanda to other Knotties.

Please keep us updated on your progress.
  • Options

mwallace, private message me.  

katylady, have you been able to get in touch with Amanda?   

• Options
    I have also had my issues with Amanda, who I hired as my wedding photographer for my wedding in October. I received my photos, not all of them, but a good number. I wasn't too impressed with the photos she took. There are some good ones, but also some bad ones that have ametuer mistakes (i.e., they are crooked, bad lighting, too bright, and just bad judgement.) Anyways, after texting and calling her numerous times, I actually got her to edit about 200 of photos, which was nothing impressive, either. But, I gave her my choices for both albums and she assured me that the printing company was working on them. Today I went by the printing place she uses, Primary Colors, on Williams Blvd in Kenner and they informed me that they have NO ORDERS from Amanda Marks. If she tells you that it is the printers fault, please do not believe her. They are upset that she is lying to us about their business. I tried contacting her today and found out that her number was disconnected. I sent a message via Facebook. (I am her friend on her new facebook page.) I also have her current address, as I have been to her place quite a few times, as well as her new email address. Is there anything we can do legally? The printing place said I can buy my albums and then ask (or sue) her for the money spent. I doubt that is a good option. I know klosborn is an attorney. What are your suggestions? Is there anything we can do? It's getting ridiculous now. If I have any luck, I will post it here.
  • Options
    jdcook1 could you please post her current contact info so we can get try to get in touch with her. Thanks.
  • Options
    klosbornklosborn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an attorney going through the same issues with her.   I am sending her a demand letter before taking further action.  I advise you all to document everything - follow up every contact attempt with an email and save it.  Also, locate your contract with her and receipts showing what you paid for.  The last time I heard from her she said she was working on my album but that there were a few ahead of me she was working on.  Haven't heard from her since.   This needs to stop.  Primary Color is really great by the way.  I used them to print some of my images and they are quick and very professional. 

If you would like to speak about this further, private message me or send me an email at klosborn@hotmail.com.

And please send her current contact information. 

Thanks and good luck to all
  • Options
    Hi All,

I'm currrently in the midst of trying to get to the bottom of ALL that's recently happened to each of us Brides regarding being duped by Amanda Marks photography. I did indeed find out some very unfortunate news regarding Amanda's financial woes and what has possibly led to the reason why either of us have yet to receive our books. I'll be doing further research tomorrow but promise to update everyone on the forum with all that I've discovered. Let me end with this...be ready to take legal action and commit to it. It's definitely looking like we will all have to band together and legally pursue Ms. Amanda Marks. It's soooo very sad.

Feel free to contact me @ tachiclovesnola@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards