Not Engaged Yet

Recommend your flat iron

I've had my trusty Solia flat iron for six years, and it suddenly started acting weird this morning. It may be time for a new one. I could get another Solia, but they've gone to a floating plate design that I don't like as well.

Please recommend your flat iron. I'd like one that goes to at least 400F, has a swivel cord, heats quickly, and is 1 1/4" wide. If yours is a different size, it probably comes in the size I want.

My old iron was 80, so I expect to pay around the same amount. Thanks!

Sorry about the formatting. Stupid mobile site.

Re: Recommend your flat iron

• My flat iron sucks but I wanted to tell you to go look on FB! I booked Orlando!

/threadjack

• My flat iron is a $20 one from target. It's awesome and I love it. I think it only goes up to like 390 though. It's a remington wet to straight. I had one just like it in high school that I loved but when it broke I got a more expensive one that I hated so I went to target a couple weeks ago and picked this one up and it works a million times better than the expensive one I have. Oh and it's 2 inches wide.

• I got a Corioliss straightner off Ruelala for I think, for around $49. You can find them cheaper on Amazon but, I love it. It's ceramic and it can flatten even my frizzy/curly hair.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can't recommend GHD hair straighteners enough. http://www.ghdhair.com/us/hair-straighteners
    They are expensive, but last for years and always reach the top temperature. They fully heat up in a few seconds, I'd guess mine take about 7. They get my hair pin straight. I prefer these to several I've had used on me at the salon.
  • My mom got me a Chi from our hair salon years ago. Not sure of the specific numbers though - cost wise or power wise. But I like it. :)
  • I use a flat iron by amika. It a ceramic flat iron. It works wonderfully for me. I paid a little over a hundred for mine.
  • CHI

I love love loved my Chi... I want another one SO bad.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• CHI.  And I got it for around $100.
  • Mine is TI (or Ti, I'm not sure). It's an ancient, fairly basic ceramic straightener that heats to 410 degrees and I love it. It's purple and leopard print heh (my sister has a pink zebra print one that she also loves). They have ones that aren't ridiculously patterned too. I think it was around $80.

Also, I used to have a Wet to Straight as Beth mentioned, and I was not a fan. I found it kind of burned my hair, but on a lower heat setting it didn't really straighten it. *Shrug* different strokes for different folks though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I used to have a Chi but it broke and I ended up getting a Conair Infiniti flat iron from Target for under $30.  I actually like it better than my Chi only because it has temperature control (up to 410 degrees if I remember correctly) which is wonderful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• How much do you want to spend? I have the Sedu Revolution and I love it. It used to take me about 2 hours to straighten my hair and with my Sedu it takes 15-25 minutes.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards