Not Engaged Yet
Options

Recommend your flat iron

I've had my trusty Solia flat iron for six years, and it suddenly started acting weird this morning. It may be time for a new one. I could get another Solia, but they've gone to a floating plate design that I don't like as well.

Please recommend your flat iron. I'd like one that goes to at least 400F, has a swivel cord, heats quickly, and is 1 1/4" wide. If yours is a different size, it probably comes in the size I want.

My old iron was 80, so I expect to pay around the same amount. Thanks!

Sorry about the formatting. Stupid mobile site.

Re: Recommend your flat iron

• Options
    My flat iron sucks but I wanted to tell you to go look on FB! I booked Orlando!

/threadjack

• Options
    My flat iron is a $20 one from target. It's awesome and I love it. I think it only goes up to like 390 though. It's a remington wet to straight. I had one just like it in high school that I loved but when it broke I got a more expensive one that I hated so I went to target a couple weeks ago and picked this one up and it works a million times better than the expensive one I have. Oh and it's 2 inches wide.

• Options
    I got a Corioliss straightner off Ruelala for I think, for around $49. You can find them cheaper on Amazon but, I love it. It's ceramic and it can flatten even my frizzy/curly hair.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I can't recommend GHD hair straighteners enough. http://www.ghdhair.com/us/hair-straighteners
    They are expensive, but last for years and always reach the top temperature. They fully heat up in a few seconds, I'd guess mine take about 7. They get my hair pin straight. I prefer these to several I've had used on me at the salon.
  • Options
    My mom got me a Chi from our hair salon years ago. Not sure of the specific numbers though - cost wise or power wise. But I like it. :)
  • Options
    I use a flat iron by amika. It a ceramic flat iron. It works wonderfully for me. I paid a little over a hundred for mine.
  • Options
    CHI

I love love loved my Chi... I want another one SO bad.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    CHI.  And I got it for around $100.
  • Options
    Mine is TI (or Ti, I'm not sure). It's an ancient, fairly basic ceramic straightener that heats to 410 degrees and I love it. It's purple and leopard print heh (my sister has a pink zebra print one that she also loves). They have ones that aren't ridiculously patterned too. I think it was around $80.

Also, I used to have a Wet to Straight as Beth mentioned, and I was not a fan. I found it kind of burned my hair, but on a lower heat setting it didn't really straighten it. *Shrug* different strokes for different folks though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    I used to have a Chi but it broke and I ended up getting a Conair Infiniti flat iron from Target for under $30.  I actually like it better than my Chi only because it has temperature control (up to 410 degrees if I remember correctly) which is wonderful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    How much do you want to spend? I have the Sedu Revolution and I love it. It used to take me about 2 hours to straighten my hair and with my Sedu it takes 15-25 minutes.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards