Gay Weddings

roll call!

Re: roll call!

• edited December 2011

1. Name: Coni (22) and my fiancee is Amanda (27)
    2. Location: We currently live in Jacksonville, IL and are hoping to get married at Kickapoo Creek Winery in Edwards, IL
    3. Wedding Date: The day of the silver chalice, June 16, 2011
    4. Wild Card: My fiancee proposed to me twice already, once at homecoming with a calladah and again on my birthday with a diamond. I am planning to propose to her as soon as the jeweler gets the ring that I designed made.

• edited December 2011
    I'll go first :)
    1. Your Name Laura - 48
    2. Location Portland Oregon
    3. Wedding Date October 3, 2010
    4. WILD CARD!   My wife and I plan a wedding for next fall but once the Washington state "everything but marriage came thru on Dec. 3, we decided to become legally Not Married.

So last Thursday we did our paperwork, took our Notory to dinner and officially bewifed each other. 
    Wedding is still on for next fall...  We are calling it a secret Morgantic marriage -- like ancient british royalty.
  • jwoloszczakjwoloszczak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Joey, 24 2. Toronto 3. February 19, 2011 4. WILD CARD: We're moving to Calgary a year before the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Samantha, 23
    2. New York
    3. Oct 23 2010 in Boston, Nov 13 2010 in NY
    4.  WILD CARD! 9 is a lucky number for us so we wanted to pick dates that add up to the number 9 (10-23-2010, 1+0+2+3+2+0+1+0 =9, 11-13-2010, 1+1+1+3+2+0+1+0 = 9)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it) Emily, 30
    2. Location Boston Suburbs, MA
    3. Wedding Date July 3, 2010
    4. WILD CARD! Strange but true - this will be my 2nd 'wedding', and after going through the straight wedding process, I'm a little saddend by the lack of same-sex sites/resources/expos.... so any help would be great!Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    1. Jeremie (24)  2. Boston  3. Sept 24, 2011 (yeaaaah, feels forever away)  4. we're both very fortunate to have oodles of supportive family.  Only, now they all want to come to the wedding!Yell  I think we counted 27 cousins (inclusive of +1s) that would be expecting invitations / that our parents would be expecting us to invite.  Me thinks a conversation about budgets and contributions in coming.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it) - Jenell G. ..  26yo.

2. Location -  Raleigh, NC

3. Wedding Date - Planning that as we speak :D

4. WILD CARD! - Seafood is my favorite food, any day of the week!
  • dmichael8dmichael8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it)
    Denise (fiancee - Glynn)

2. Location
    Austin TX

3. Wedding Date
    Sept 4 - legal ceremony in Provincetown
    Sept 11 -  reception in Austin

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing
    Any other butch/femme couples here?
  • tke203tke203 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tammy (25)

2. Location
    Ceremony- Ridgefield, CT
    Reception- Long Island, NY (we're from LI)

3. Wedding Date
    8-8-10

4. WILD CARD!
    I appreciate finding this board, too!  And it's nice to see so many RECENT posts... I hate when I find a cool forum and then all the posts are from 1998...  Thanks!!
  • hoppahoppa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it)Jeff  49 and partner Bruce 46

2. Location sparks nevada

3. Wedding Date June 12th 2010

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing having another ceremony in september in Iowa where we will become legally married since Nevada only has domestic partnerships at our annual art retreat
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it):
    Jacob (30) and Robert (28)

2. Location:
    Las Vegas, NV

3. Wedding Date:
    anniversary of when we got together 4/24/11 (this is our 3 yr dating anniversary)

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing:
    I'm (Jacob) originally from Seattle so we will probably do the legal ceremony in Vancouver, BC since its only a couple hours from my family but my partner (Robert) is from Hawaii so we may have a reception or party their too we are unsure still.  
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name - katherine
    2. Location - Charlotte nc

3. Wedding Date - Sept 18th 2010

4. WILD CARD! I'm stressed out about planning a wedding! But also so excited Laughing
  • tsp698tsp698 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your Name - Tom, 25
    2. Location - Providence, RI

3. Wedding Date - August, 2011 (Haven't picked a day yet)

4. WILD CARD! We are having a total DIY Wedding. We both work in the food service/hospitality industry, so we are using every available resource we have at our disposal to have an amazing wedding. (If we can only get his family to pull the stick out of their collective ass)
    image 107 Invited
    image 43 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image58 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: July 23
  • edited December 2011
    Amy "Amata" D, 28 in two weeks
    marrying Kaitlyn "Puppy" D, 32

2. Location
    Rochester, NY

3. Wedding Date
    10 October 2010
    ("legally" married already in CT, the big to-do is in October)

10-10-10 is the number 42 in binary
    (this is a silly sci-fi/fantasy reference for all the other geeks out there).
  • mikengregmikengreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it) greg     38 BF(Mike)

2. Location Atlanta Ga

3. Wedding Date 15 oct 2011

• edited December 2011
    1.  Name/Age:  Barbara - 36
    2. Location:  Jacksonville, FL
    3.  Wedding Date:  4/9/11
    4.  Butch/femme wedding.  I am attempting to select my bridal party right now and would like to ask my friend who is Catholic.  Anyone have experience with this?  I know the church's position but anything that prevents her from being a bridesmaid? 

• edited December 2011
    1. Natasha (30), Melissa (30)

2. Connecticut

3. 04/18/10 (61 days!!)

4. We were inroduced by my ex-fiance 9 years ago when i was still engaged, i left him a year later and we were together sort of for a year on and off and parted for 5 years and now we are geting married! 
  • edited December 2011
    1. Adrienne, 21 (Alyssa, 20)
    2. Indianapolis
    3. 6/22/11 (5 years to the day we started our relationship)
    4. We were originally best friends and had never dated females before.  Well, we switched things up and now were together...happy...and still best friends!!!
  • edited December 2011

1. Name: Shavonda-27 and Naomi-27

2. Location: Sacramento CA

3. Date:  2011-Im pushing for August 26, but Naomi wants Oct 7 so we'll see who wins this battle!

4.  WILD CARD!  Since we decided to have a ceremony Ive been completely obssesed with all things bridal, from magazines to websites, to expos!  I cant wait to share with special day with all of our friends and family!

• edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it):
    Laura - 32

2. Location:
    Virginia

3. Wedding Date:
    10/9/10

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing:
    We just confirmed the chapel and things are starting to seem more real.  We have been together 8 yrs already...about time we did it! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it):  Tara Jones, 35

2. Location:  Melbourne, FL

3. Wedding Date:  September 4, 2010

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing :  Greta & I proposed to each other on the same day - and managed to keep it a surprise the whole time.  LOL  I planned to propose as did she. I proposed first, then we walked on the beach and she proposed as well.  Funny thing? No proposals for six years, then two within an hour. :)
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it) Angela, 20 2. Location Las Cruces, NM 3. Wedding Date 10/6/2012 Ugh, it's so far away :( 4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing
  • edited December 2011

Carrie 38 (+ Beth 36)

2. Location
    Stroudsburg, PA

3. Wedding Date
    May 1, 2010

How di I get my significant other to allow me to tactfully ask for cash instead of gifts?  She feels it's inconsiderate and rude - I think it's practical, honest and refreshing - any thooughts?  Thanks

• edited December 2011
    cassie, and katie.. both 19
    2. Location
    nj
    3. Wedding Date
    hoping for summer of 2013.. after we both graduate college
    i fell in love with katie the first day i met her, we got together 3 days later.. and have been by eachother's side everyday since :)
  • edited December 2011
    David A. & Gabriel S.   D is 25 and G is 24

2. Location
    Jacksonville, Florida .. Duuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvallllllllllllllll!!!!!

3. Wedding Date
    11/11/11 .. love the date .. it's so far away though

We're both Latino,well I'm Blatino but it still counts so I'm excited. I've never met any Latino married couples so we'll be the first that I know of.
  • edited December 2011
    Dana (40) and Sharine (39)
    2. Location
    New York City, NY
    3. Wedding Date
    Your guess is as good as mine! lol (10-2-11 --> subject to change)
    We've been together for over 10 years. We decided to plan a wedding back in Aug. 09, with our wedding date set for 10-10-10. However, to date we can not find a wedding venue in NYC that is 'low' budget friendly, so we are going to save til 2011. We have a venue in mind and will book when we have saved the down payment. Had we known we would have started saving YEARS ago!!! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Ian(30) and Tim (39)

2. Location
    We live in Los Angeles but are getting MARRIED Napa, CA. 

3. Wedding Date
    5-29-10 - OMG- someone sedate me now!

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing - okay- I totally feel the heteroverload thing.  If I have to read once more on any website about me being a bride, I'm gonna cry into my veil.

Actually, I'm really excited, and despite having never thought about my wedding until I was proposed to, I think we're cobbling together something really fantastic!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your Name (age if you feel like it):   William, 56 yo and my partner is Gary, 59 yo

2. Location:   Southern Maryland

3. Wedding Date:   June 19, 2010 (our 34-year Anniversary together)

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing:   We had a formal Committment Ceremony in the Fall of 1980 on an Old Orchard Farm in Illinois.  Now that DC has legalized same-sex marriage, we want to have a small ceremony to re-new our vows.  We're planning to have our ceremony aboard a yacht while cruising the Potomac River.  My daughter and two grandsons will be in the wedding party.  We're so excited!
  • Celtic BridesCeltic Brides member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carissa 20
    Brittney 23

2. Location
    California

3. Wedding Date
    June 5, 2011

We have 3 furry-four-legged children
  • edited December 2011
    me, bride- Arlinda  and the "gride", my partner - Sam

2. Location
    Albuquerque, NM. We will be having our Commitment Ceremony in Las Vegas, NV! :)

3. Wedding Date
    FAR AWAY!!    06/02/2012 I can't wait!

We've known each other for 19 years but have been together for 3 years this Dec. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards