Maine

Ceremony Officiants

Hey ladies!! I have been totally dragging my feet on this last one, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a JP. We are getting married up at Sugarloaf, so someone closer to there would be favorable. Also, neither of us are religious, so we are just looking for a JP. We just want someone who will run a nice ceremony. I pretty much have everything planned out already, so it shouldn't be hard. :)

Thanks!!!

Re: Ceremony Officiants

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss is a notary and is marrying us, so I don't have any suggestions for you. Have you considered having a friend or family member get ordained online and have them perform the ceremony?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Redsx15FanRedsx15Fan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great Idea! I am also having an anut that is a notary marry us. I would ask around your friends and family to see if they are or know of a notary. I was surprised when I started talking about my Aunt that's a notary marry us. Several of my friends told me they are notarys and would love to marry us if she decides not to :-)

Good Luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Along the lines of PPs suggestions of notaries, attorneys licensed to practice in Maine can legally perform marriages in Maine. 
  • edited December 2011
    Just to echo what everyone else has said, check with your friends and family.  We are having our friend who is a notary marry us.  We really wanted as few outsiders as possible involved in our wedding.  Keeping it  personal is very important to us. I bet you'd be surprised what you come up with once you start checking around!  Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards