Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for FFF?

Re: Is it too early for FFF?

• I really enjoy how she says "It's not like there's a book on etiquette that's all black and white."

Um.  There are many.  Many books on etiquette.  We should chip in and get her one.  We don't even have to, actually.  Now that I'm eloping, I can spare those specifically directed to planning a proper wedding.  We'll send those. 
  • I find aegrish's comments completely hilarious because of the 'Classic Bride' badge in her sig. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:87e86c27-a16e-4c12-a98b-6e7ebdfa6ce4">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : <strong>Yeah, in the legal wedding/ceremony later post.</strong> Fish, this is why I quote. Because I am too lazy to write "Birdie, yes..." and because when I'm reading, I find it easier to just have the quote there than to have to remember what Birdie said that someone is now responding to.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Twatwaffle.
  • I have something to say in retaliation to aegrish's comments about outdated bangs but I'm pretty sure it crosses the line. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:7df67764-d691-4b51-8eac-e87bb378936f">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I find aegrish's comments completely hilarious because of the 'Classic Bride' badge in her sig. 
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

it's like you read my mind.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:87e86c27-a16e-4c12-a98b-6e7ebdfa6ce4">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Yeah, in the legal wedding/ceremony later post. Fish, this is why I quote. Because I am too lazy to write "Birdie, yes..." and because when I'm reading, I find it easier to just have the quote there than to have to remember what Birdie said that someone is now responding to.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

i dont even know what I said, but yay for using me in your example! :-P

Fish, I quoted just for you ;-)
  • Who's bangs are outdated?

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Usually I don't care, but it makes blocking people pointless.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:a441ab3b-b3c9-40f6-8b4c-63d4e4f22f01">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have something to say in retaliation to aegrish's comments about outdated bangs but I'm pretty sure it crosses the line. 

If you can't think of anything nice to say, come sit next to me. 
  • Emily's. Duh. Girl looks like she walked straight outta nineteen ninety three.

;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:f38f61e2-aca3-446e-b41a-cf4caf964de7">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really enjoy how she says "It's not like there's a book on etiquette that's all black and white." Um.  There are many.  Many books on etiquette.  We should chip in and get her one.  We don't even have to, actually.  Now that I'm eloping, I can spare those specifically directed to planning a proper wedding.  We'll send those. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

<div>I had a dream that you posted an elopement picture and it was so pretty and I was so happy for you.  </div>
  • Classic =/= Classy apparently.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:74c64bf0-cf95-4638-9dda-f62283f15a37">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : If you can't think of anything nice to say, come sit next to me. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

YGPM
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • right on, squirrls. Right on.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Fishy (not quoting just for you!), I don't block people, so I don't have that problem. I am too nosy to block people. Plus although I really do care about you all, I haven't yet seen something offensive that has made me upset enough to still care once I walked away from the computer.

Pink, not gonna lie, I want in on that PM. Please see above statement re: nosiness.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:22a872a7-5a5b-4259-8b59-3d1897f36df6">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Google it. I can't describe what or why it is, it just is. I think maybe it's so common in 'Bama and other places is because it's easy to wear a baseball cap without ruining your hair? I don't know.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

Just chiming in unasked here, but we could start calling them Brady bangs....ugh.
  • Well, it's all fun and games until you do. :) I'll live, I was just genuinely curious why people quote all the time.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Um, I know fringe.  And those bangs are not outdated.  Fringe is like ::flicks hair:: way in style.  My forehead sweats too much, so I can only have fringe in fall and spring.  (I'm too bundled up in winter, so I get warm with scarves, sweaters and toques)  Otherwise, I'd totes be rocking Em's fringe.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:a441ab3b-b3c9-40f6-8b4c-63d4e4f22f01">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have something to say in retaliation to aegrish's comments about outdated bangs but I'm pretty sure it crosses the line. 

<div>I'm probably thinking the same thing.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:034aea3f-1bf7-4961-875d-455461b6d958">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have had just about enough of the May '11 crap.  If you post there and here and you wanna bitch about this board, have the balls to do it here.  A flame for here: <strong>Nebb. You are WAY too judgy and know-it-all about other people's finances.  Apparently you're the only one with a viable excuse to whine about money? 
    </strong>Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• emily, did you say in May11 thread you were british? i'm suprised you don't say fringe rather than bangs, if i say bangs people chuckle (the pervs)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:4747ab19-0472-4ab5-bdc6-f580bc073de3">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : YGPM

replied

I don't know why you and I don't hang out every single day.  Seriously.  I'm going to sit in my car and smoke cigarettes on my lunch break now, you should probably come to my office and join me. 
  • Sorry about breaking the rules here but....

Nuggs, sorry if I offended you about the finals thing yesterday. It was really just directed at the douchecanoe that blamed going psycho on finals. So....sorry.

"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:397012b0-39fc-4d21-80c3-05e1563fce72">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]emily, did you say in May11 thread you were british? i'm suprised you don't say fringe rather than bangs, if i say bangs people chuckle (the pervs)
    Posted by topcatiom[/QUOTE]

I hate "bangs" (no offense to everyone). I think it's the stupidest word ever.
  • Holy crap I don't like early FFF.  I come into 8 pages and have only made it to page 2 so far.  Don't really feel like reading it all unless I was flamed. 

I definitely at least third (I saw 2 so far) the flame for wrdgirl or however you spell it for constantly posting on the E board talking about how mean we all are and how they shouldn't listen to us.  Just get off this board already.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Nuggs - I'm sure someone less lazy than me will get a link, but basically Nebb made a special trip from SB to imply that Kiki (or anyone with a high income) should never have financial problems and if they do they shouldn't complain about them.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I hate being so cryptic but Salt/Emily YGPM. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:6a45de73-908c-4f69-bdb8-90d90fa0906a">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : replied I don't know why you and I don't hang out every single day.  Seriously.  I'm going to sit in my car and smoke cigarettes on my lunch break now, you should probably come to my office and join me. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>::grumbles:: I wanna sit in Mel's car and smoke cigarettes and I don't even SMOKE. I hate cigarettes... but love youuuuuuuu!</div><div>
    </div><div>Also I just ate a crapton of chocolate. I should not have done that because A) I am not sugar rushed and B) it is now approximately 10 minutes until the stomach ache sets in. YAY for being allergic to chocolate!!

</div>
  • OH GOD, GET A ROOM YOU THREE!

kidding.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:cb8dbbd6-62a4-47dc-a8df-3c9636130128">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : ::grumbles:: I wanna sit in Mel's car and smoke cigarettes and I don't even SMOKE. I hate cigarettes... but love youuuuuuuu! Also I just ate a crapton of chocolate. I should not have done that because A) I am not sugar rushed and B) it is now approximately 10 minutes until the stomach ache sets in. <strong>YAY for being allergic to chocolate!!
    </strong>Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

You poor thing. That's even worse than my friend who's allergic to pork; she can't have bacon without getting sick. I can't imagine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards