Not Engaged Yet

Invisalign

I'm probably going to get it in November.

Has anyone used it? 

Did you like it?

What didn't you like about it?

Any helpful tips?
I'm not good at feelings.

Re: Invisalign

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_invisalign?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0b60112e-bb4b-4888-84bf-a230d3ef0a85Post:1ecd57ea-3eb5-4414-9ffd-afad93ef9eb0">Re: Invisalign</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had braces 3 times.  I'm no help here.
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]
    :(

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_invisalign?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0b60112e-bb4b-4888-84bf-a230d3ef0a85Post:1ecd57ea-3eb5-4414-9ffd-afad93ef9eb0">Re: Invisalign</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had braces 3 times.  I'm no help here.
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

Ouch! Why? I did once, for 3 years. Idc that my teeth are shifting back. I'm not going through that again.

ETA: Sorry Audgie, never done the invisalign thing. I had the old-school braces.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input Liv!  The dentist told be about the "buttons."  They gave me an estimate of about 8 months for the duration of mine.  If all goes to plan, I should be having the mold done on the 25th of Oct.

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I want to get Invisalign so bad.  I just a couple small problems I want corrected.

But I can't afford it.
  • edited December 2011
    I have them too! And I love what they're doing to my teeth. I've only had them since May but getting on well and should be done by April (I have 21 trays in total). I had old-style braces for 9months when I was 17 but they moved back pretty quick especially when my wisdom teeth came through. Once I had them removed I though it was worth doing it properly (as a reward for the pain I put up with with those damn wisdoms!!)

I agree the first 2 days of each new tray is a bit uncomfortable but not every tray - some obviously do more tricky movements. But I have already had people say my teeth look straighter and I can really notice it and I'm not even half way through.

I've got used to taking them out for food (I'll be honest I drink most things except hot drinks with them in). It also means I brush my teeth 4 or so times a day which is a bit of a pain when I'm out but I also snack less!

I was a bit put off by the price at first although I got a good discount including teeth whitening so it's worth shopping around. But I still think it is a good investment as it is something which will be for life providing you get/have fitted a retainer of some kind. 

Same as PP if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just read your OP nad realised that I probably had a couple of other useful bits of info.

Ask at each appointment what theyre going to do - I didn't and kept finding they were doing things in my mouth and I had no idea what it was. Such as they narrowed my teeth and I could just hear a whirring noise but didn't know what was happening.

Also when they take moulds it takes quite a while with gunk in your mouth - a few minutes - I found it quite uncomfortable but probably because I had a cold and couldn't breathe through my nose!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info Bumbles!

• edited December 2011
    With all the expenses of the wedding I want to see if invisalign can squeeze into the budget. How much are they charging you guys... I dont want to over pay. (I live in RI)
    edited December 2011
    It isn't covered under my dental insurance and a lot of things factor into the cost, like total time that it needs to be worn.  Mine was quoted around $4300.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards