Snarky Brides

Worst weddings?

I am going to play off Lenore's post..... thanks Lenore!!!

What is the WORST wedding you have ever been to? What happened?

edit: I dont mean for this to be a judge-y post... but scary weddings happen.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: Worst weddings?

• Cool, looking forward to hearing these! I think I answered the question already Cry
  • lol i would say so lenore.

mine- about 4 years ago a high school friend got married. Lets see... the ceremony was ok actually... but the reception! First- the bride came in before annoucements to scream at her guests for not being seated. Then her sister, who was a bridesmaid, came in crying. She was 16 and pregnant and the father of the baby apparently dumped her at dunkin donuts on the drive over from the church. The bride was also pregnant and also cried as a result of her sister crying. (This was actually really sad but also just a huge mess all around). The groom's family didn't attend and he seemed sad all night. THEN during the cake cutting he somehow smashed cake all over her face and down her dress. I really don't think he meant to but it was a disaster. The venue was also a bar and they served everyone- including all underage relatives so there was a lot of drunk people... and at the end of the night.. there was broadway show tune karaoke....

** this couple is actually still together and though they've alienated all his old friends (me and my friends).. they do seem happy and have two kids so hey... crazy weddings don't mean thats it...

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I get the feeling the worst is yet to come (H's BF is getting married next year and it's likely to be a hot mess), but so far...

My cousin got married a few years ago.  They didn't have enough seating for all guests, but knowing I'm incapable of standing for more then 15 or so minutes they reserved me a seat.  I was helping the bride get ready so I was one of the last to arrive at the ceremony.  My seat had been taken.  I ended up sitting in the wet grass for the 30 minute ceremony that no one could hear.

The B&G were 19 and 20 at the time so her family refused to support the marriage.  It ended up being just my cousin's family in attendance, which made me feel really bad for the bride.

Then we get to the Reception and it was BYOB and potluck but no one had said anything to about half the guests.  The party went late into the night but I left fairly early.  I heard afterward that my brother had caught the garter and my other cousin had caught the bouquet so my brother had to reach up my cousin's dress to put the garter on her leg and then they were forced to share a slow dance.  I kind of wish I had stayed to witness that.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Besides my first wedding?  LOL!  My aunt's 4th wedding (no kidding) took place on the 4th of July at midnight in a park.  I should mention we live in Houston and it was still close to 90 degrees that time of night.  Also, there were roaches running all over the gazebo where they were getting married.  The real kicker - when the minister said "obey" one of her bridemaids loudly said "OBEY?!".  There were only about 15 people there - so everyone heard it. 

The cake and punch reception at 12:15 a.m. in the middle of summer was also unbelievably uncomfortable.  The cake and the guests were melting.  I loved my aunt, but that was the worst wedding I've ever been to.
    Anniversary
  • I haven't really been to any terrible weddings. During a high school friend's ceremony, it was storming outside and the church lost power. Luckily they had lit candles so they ended up having a beautiful candlelit ceremony. But before they, they were trying to run a powerpoint slideshow set to music of their pictures and due to the power issues the sound system kept making this horrific screeching noise. Eventually the guests started yelling at the people to turn the damn thing off. Other than that the wedding was fine, though I didn't like the fancy food.

We had to stand at our close friends' wedding a couple years ago, which was annoying because it was hot, and we couldn't see anything. But it was a short ceremony so it wasn't too awful. And the reception was a blast.
  • I've talked about this before, but where I live there's this tradition of "stealing" the bride and groom.  The groomsmen will take the bride and the bridesmaids will take the groom, to local bars, during the reception, and come back trashed.

I was a bridesmaid for a friend a couple years ago and she made us do this - it was awful.  They waited til after the ceremony to do pictures and they took forever - so the guests were waiting at the reception for nearly two hours.  Then we left the reception for an hour and a half to get the bride and groom drunk.  It was stupid.  And RUDE.

A wedding I attended last year, the bridal party left immediately after the wedding to get plowed and showed up two hours into the reception.  All the guests had to wait to eat, and the bridal party was just trashed.  It was embarassing.

We are not doing this tradition at our wedding.
    panther
  • AATB.. I dont get this tradition lol.... but are guests used to waiting around?!

my book shelf:
  • I went to a wedding last September, a friend of FI's family. We had 3 children with us and were told it was children appropriate

the meal was "stations" and I don't think the kids ate anything except cheese and bread. My FI is allergic to seafood and they had some sort of fish at every table.

the kicker because it was POURING there were MAYBE a dozen seats all together, no tables just couches.

there was a pool in the middle of the place too. 

they obviously planned for good weather the place has grass areas you could have sat in otherwise.

it was at a country club in NC
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:62b6baa1-e55b-4e4e-ac4e-89ff2c858f75">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB.. I dont get this tradition lol.... but are guests used to waiting around?!
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are, which is sad.  But I don't care if people are used to it, I cannot imagine tooling around town in bars while my wedding guests are back at the reception waiting to eat.  And then showing up drunk.  AWFUL.
    panther
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    The B&G incorporated some of her Southern Baptist traditions into the Catholic ceremony.  At one point it was announced that the congregation was going to bless the B&G which consisted of us holding out our right arms at approximately at 45 degree angle.  The G's German family wasn't having any of this and from a few rows up we heard a guy who had just shaved his head because of the heat and humidity say "Oh, hell no!!"

The food at the reception was so dicey that not even my ex-military father (who will eat anything) would go near it.

The B&G did the junior high shuffle to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's "Let's Make Love" as their first dance - talk about uncomfortable to watch.

The bridal party dance wound up being all of them standing in a circle with their arms linked and swaying to "Friends are friends forever."

The bouquet toss was announced with a "Let's get ready to Ruuuuumble....."
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I would say my "friends" wedding last year.

First of all I was a BM and she had us buy brown dresses and dyed red shoes, than insisted we had up-dos at our own cost, about $50. We didn't have a limo (no big deal, just would have been nice) The ceremony was fine and we went outside afterwards for pictures until it started to rain, we had a few hours before the reception started and they had us all drive to the Brides parents house and hang out for a few hours since we couldn't do pictures. They didn't feed us but had a ton of beer, um no thanks not on an empty stomach.

The reception hall was awful! The head table was pushed up against the wall and if one person needed to get up everyone had to, the one GM was stuck at the end because there wasn't enough room. There were these pillars all throughout the room and you couldn't see half of the guests, the dj's booth was down a small flight of stairs next to the dance floor that had room for about 5 guests to dace. We couldn't see or hear the toasts because they were done at this booth. The food was amazing but when I got up to go to the bathroom they had cleared my completely full plate! Also the B and G refused to kiss each other and yelled at guests who clinked glasses, they said it was because they felt uncomfortable doing this in front of the grandparents? Weird it's not like we wanted them to make out.

Edit: Oh yeah and one of the GM's baby mama showed up halfway thru the reception in jeans and a t-shirt with their child and tried to catch the bouquet after he got the garter, while his new GF was right there! I was literally standing in the middle of them and ran when the bouquet was tossed, I was not about to get trampled lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:a1c0bc10-b887-4370-b420-ce2b6e688ec7">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Besides my first wedding?  LOL!  My aunt's 4th wedding (no kidding) took place on the 4th of July at midnight in a park.  I should mention we live in Houston and it was still close to 90 degrees that time of night.  Also, there were roaches running all over the gazebo where they were getting married.  The real kicker - when the minister said "obey" one of her bridemaids loudly said "OBEY?!".  There were only about 15 people there - so everyone heard it.  The cake and punch reception at 12:15 a.m. in the middle of summer was also unbelievably uncomfortable.  The cake and the guests were melting.  I loved my aunt, but that was the worst wedding I've ever been to.
    Posted by ichellemay1[/QUOTE]

I have been to Houston in the summer, and having an outdoor wedding there on July 4th seems a little to me like having an outdoor wedding in Minneapolis on November 4th. To each there own and the people who want to be there will still come, but I would never do it.
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:9fe49ec0-4482-4288-bc99-d2485c5949ab">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The B&G incorporated some of her Southern Baptist traditions into the Catholic ceremony.  <strong>At one point it was announced that the congregation was going to bless the B&G which consisted of us holding out our right arms at approximately at 45 degree angle.</strong>  The G's German family wasn't having any of this and from a few rows up we heard a guy who had just shaved his head because of the heat and humidity say "Oh, hell no!!" The food at the reception was so dicey that not even my ex-military father (who will eat anything) would go near it. The B&G did the junior high shuffle to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's "Let's Make Love" as their first dance - talk about uncomfortable to watch. The bridal party dance wound up being all of them standing in a circle with their arms linked and swaying to "Friends are friends forever." The bouquet toss was announced with a "Let's get ready to Ruuuuumble....."

Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

We do this at my church to bless people and what-not, I've always thought it was odd, but I've never seen anyone get that upset about it, just don't do it. And I'm Austrian. Which is funny you say that because in the summer my FI shaves his head and has a goatee so he looks like a skin-head.

Edit: Because the computer posted before I was finished
  • The sister of my best friend in high school, also the pastor's oldest daughter.  Ultra conservative wedding - which was not the issue but it made for a kind of boring - no dancing because they don't believe in that and absolutely no drinking for the same reason. 

The reason it was the worst:

An hour before the wedding I get a call from her "wedding host" (the person who paid, not her parents, which is a whole other issue I had with the wedding.  Basically she had a family in the church "sponsor" her wedding - aka pay for it) screaming at me wanting to know where I was.  I was like wtf are you talking about.  Apparently I was supposed to be at the church two hours prior to the wedding because I was the guest book attendant.  One little issue though - the bride never ASKED me to be the stupid guest book attendant.  I was so pissed.  I'm not having a guest book attendant because it made me feel like the loser who wasn't good enough to be a bridesmaid and wasn't even good enough to be asked in advance to be the attendant.  I know most people have them but this is just my opinion.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I attended a wedding in the spring of a coworker of his. It was outdoors and there weren't enough seats so I had to stand, in heels- kept sinking into the grass! That was irritating.

Then we drove to the reception area and had to wait about 30 or 45 minutes in the foyer, before they even let anyone in! There were no cocktails or hor'doeurves.. just standing. And it was hot in there!
    Finally they let us in, so we at least got to sit down for a little while. Oh, and everything was very pink. Like too pink- even had pink uplighting. The bar was open at that point, but it was a cash bar. When the bride and groom arrived, they were both hammered (the groom was already hammered at the ceremony).. they pretty much went straight to the dance floor, and never came to thank us for coming or anything.  They finally opened the buffet, but there wasn't much we could eat- it was Lent and we both had given up fried foods. Literally, almost everything was fried. Either that, or seafood- I don't eat seafood. It made me sad because all I ate was some pasta salad and maybe some fruit. When we got through the buffet line, there was nowhere to sit anymore, so we stood about 5 minutes (my feet/legs were killing me by this point, and we were both crabby). We ate our little bit of food, and left to go get some dinner.
    I really can't think of one good thing about that wedding- it was pretty ridiculous. The sad thing is that they had a wedding planner and everything.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:9fe49ec0-4482-4288-bc99-d2485c5949ab">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The B&G incorporated some of her Southern Baptist traditions into the Catholic ceremony.  <strong>At one point it was announced that the congregation was going to bless the B&G which consisted of us holding out our right arms at approximately at 45 degree angle.</strong>  The G's German family wasn't having any of this and from a few rows up we heard a guy who had just shaved his head because of the heat and humidity say "Oh, hell no!!" The food at the reception was so dicey that not even my ex-military father (who will eat anything) would go near it. The B&G did the junior high shuffle to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's "Let's Make Love" as their first dance - talk about uncomfortable to watch. The bridal party dance wound up being all of them standing in a circle with their arms linked and swaying to "Friends are friends forever." The bouquet toss was announced with a "Let's get ready to Ruuuuumble....."
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Ben and I went to his cousin's wedding in August and they did this - it was a Catholic wedding.  We were DYING laughing because Ben's dad was holding his hand in such a way that it looked like he was saluting Hitler!  And, the best man was standing funny during it - his weight was shifted to the side and instead of holding his palm open, he was doing a peace sign and his head was bowed so low it looked like he was trying to eat his own neck.  I joked to Ben that he was probably wasted, but turns out - he was!  He was so blitzed he didn't even stand up to toast the groom at the reception - he took the microphone, looked at it, tried to finish chewing his dinner - but couldn't, and handed the mic to the next groomsman, who toasted instead.  Yowzer.
    panther
  • Thankfully, I've been fortunate enough to have been a guest at some pretty awesome weddings.

Although...I do remember attending a Filipino wedding when I was about 7 or 8 years old, and on each table they had a whole roasted suckling pig. As the centerpiece. The thing still had hair on its snout and around its hooves. My dad, noticing the shocked look on my face, walks up and snaps the ear off the pig in front of me, and begins to gnaw on it like jerky.

My dad's a classy gentleman, I'll tell ya.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • If H had been drunk at the ceremony, I honestly don't think I would have married him at that time. Same with me. We actually saw a Bridezillas eposide where the bride was wasted (we watched because she was from Daytona, where I'm from, so I was hoping to see someone I knew. I didn't.). She acted like such an ass the entire time and H said after that episode that if I had been like that he would have called it off until I could get married sober.  
  • I've been lucky with pretty good weddings too but here's a mishap that was hilarious.
    Backstory: The wedding FI and I went to on Sunday was really odd. The wedding was held at the G's parents' house. (its a mansion overlooking the ocean so think hotel styled home) with an infinity pool in the backyard. The tables were placed around the pool and the B&G were married at the far side of the pool. A few issues with this one, the sun was out and not setting quickly enough so you got the trifecta of sun glare and heat. one from the actual sun, one off the ocean and one off of the pool. It was only like 90' outside but with the three glares it was about 9,000'. FI and I are pretty much always in all black so poor FI was sweating bullets all day. Then the groomsman speech. G's dad, uncle, G-pa etcetc are ALL pastors. He exclaims that he is so drunk and nervous giving a speech. Then a "Jesus Ch****". pops out. The whole area fell silent. Dear god. That was really the worst of it. Although, the whole basis of the ceremony was that honesty and love are he basis of a marriage and all I could think of was all of he cheating they had done on each other over the course of heir relationship.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • edited October 2010
    Not terrible, but strange... 

I went to a wedding where we had a plated/served dinner and the first thing that showed up was a family style plate of pasta.  There were no plates to put it on... so we used the plates that were obviously for our bread.  Since this strange course was taking so long for the staff to clear we all became very concerned that this was the whole meal.  Eventually salads and bread came out (no where to put the bread) and finally the main meal of chicken and stuffing.  It was bizarre. 

Edit: Perhaps making it more strange is that no one on either side is Italian. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lenore - I wouldn't have gone if it hadn't been my only aunt!  :)

Shaydenise - 2 hours early?!  Was there a detailed training or something?  ;)  Oy.
    Anniversary
  • Yeah apparently.

"Step 1 - say good afternoon.  Step 2 - gesture towards the pen. blah blah blah"

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Bizarre/weird: J's sister's JOP "impromptu" wedding in Vegas. Bride wore black, groom wore a white linen suit. Bride repeated vows from officiant; groom read his own from a wrinkled up piece of paper in his pocket.
    Their kiss was the FIRST time I'd ever seen affection between the two of them. Even hand-holding. It was also the first we'd heard they were engaged.

No celebration (thank goodness); only a dinner to welcome him into the family when we got back. Her son didn't attend. Groom took bride's last name, which isn't even her maiden name. He's at least 10 years younger than her and I have yet to see what they have in common (J and I wonder about it every time we're over there). This is #3 for her, and it's either his 1st or 2nd (but he has a daughter by someone else).

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • These stories crack me up!....

I have never been to one like this. but my friends wedding had some mishaps. First We all had shoes on that didnt fit so we had to shuffle our feet down the isle. then we couldnt hear her little brother playing he guitar so no one knew when to walk and we just kept getting this look from the guests like GO!... Well it was about 100 degrees out and the photographer was the bossiest person ever.. she kept shuffling us from on place to the next.. totally unorganized.. mesquitos are bitting us and crickets are all over teh B's dress.  Then we are sent away so she can take pics of the B and G for 1.5 hrs! UGh... Finally its time to eat.. we are all starving wedding was at 5 its now 730.  Food comes.. its FREEZING cold.. the caterer thought dinner was to be served at 630 so the plates had been prepared and sitting there for a hour.. I ate the cheease and stuff that was out and some bread.. I felt bad though cause people were complaining and it was no ones fault but the caterer.. it was a really expensive meal too.. like $25 a person.
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • oh god, I wish I had time to stay and play... I have really only been to three AWFUL weddings (the other 40 or so were mostly awesome) but the one that burned me the most?

Blinky lights in pew bows that looked like a carnival. CASH bar but the couple just bought a brand new Jeep and went on their honeymoon to the Greek isles AND the gave the WP open beer and wine in our faces. The servers never refreshed the water glasses, cheese tray, hors d'oeuvres station or bread baskets. The other servers gaurded the buffet so you could only take one of everything. And this is at a place that people rave about on my local (cape cod)! ugh PUKE.
  • M7M.. loving the giraffe trophy!

my book shelf:
  • The other one was 'worse' and I have spoken about ti many times here. I can't go into detail right now but everything went wrong from the groom's mom coming onto my friend to another friend of mine having sex with the engaged best man while the fiancee was in the next room. Oh, and did I mentioned the bride sat us in a totally different room than the rest of the wedding, had a cash bar, had awful food, raved about how she purposefully made her bms look ugly and has a GLITTER dress that came off on you when you hugged her. I felt better when I see pics from that day though. For a pretty girl she looked disgusting that day.
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    FI and I went to his cousin's wedding a few weekends ago.  The ceremony was at 5 PM on a Friday and an hour away from us so we both had to leave work early.  The ceremony was supposed to be outside but it was raining all day so they moved it into the reception hall instead.  However, they didn't prepare any seating.  They kept the round tables and the bride and bridal party squeezed through the tables to "walk down the aisle"  No one could hear or see anything but it wasn't that bad because the ceremony literally took about five minutes.  Oh and the cash bar began before the ceremony (which started 30 mins late) so by the time it was over people were already drunk.  There were very limited appetizers and they ran out quickly.  Dinner wasn't served until 7:30 and was not bad, but certainly nothing special.  Bride was very pregnant and the groom and groomsmen all wore camo vests and ties.  By the end of the night all of them took off everything except the vests, ties, and pants and were stripping/dirty dancing.  The cake was horrible and no one at our table ate more than a bite or two.  There were large centerpieces (vases with random flowers and coffee beans) so we couldn't see the other side of our table.  The DJ was horrible and the sound system was scratchy/not loud enough so no one heard any announcements.  We didn't even know they were having their first dance until we looked up and saw them finishing and a few people clap.  Same with the parent dances.  The bride (who I have only met once before the wedding) literally grabbed my arm and pushed me onto the dance floor for the tossing of the bouquet saying "you aren't married yet!" and even made announcements with the mic to call out specific single ladies who weren't out there.  The entire event had no structure to it and went very slowly.

Edit: Oh I forgot.  They also had a dollar dance and the bride's mother walked from table to table asking people if they had participated yet and pointing out there wasn't a line to dance with the bride, yada yada.  Totally guilting everyone into paying to dance with her. Awful.  Fi's family members kept coming up to me and saying things like "Please tell me your wedding won't be like this!" I felt so bad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:c1f9ec2e-88cf-4d8c-bae8-df7fa9609700">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]M7M.. loving the giraffe trophy!
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

heheh thanks, me too!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:1a0599a8-355a-4c96-829e-d40a1daeab9d">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The sister of my best friend in high school, also the pastor's oldest daughter.  Ultra conservative wedding - which was not the issue but it made for a kind of boring -<strong> no dancing because they don't believe in that</strong> and absolutely no drinking for the same reason.  The reason it was the worst: An hour before the wedding I get a call from her "wedding host" (the person who paid, not her parents, which is a whole other issue I had with the wedding.  Basically she had a family in the church "sponsor" her wedding - aka pay for it) screaming at me wanting to know where I was.  I was like wtf are you talking about.  Apparently I was supposed to be at the church two hours prior to the wedding because I was the guest book attendant.  One little issue though - the bride never ASKED me to be the stupid guest book attendant.  I was so pissed.  I'm not having a guest book attendant because it made me feel like the loser who wasn't good enough to be a bridesmaid and wasn't even good enough to be asked in advance to be the attendant.  I know most people have them but this is just my opinion.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

What I would have given to see you show up with a boom box, blasting "Footloose" and just dancing wildly in the center of the room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards