Massachusetts-Boston

Central MA Venues Blissful Meadows vs Publick House vs Stubridge Host

Just started looking at venues and was interested if anyone had looked at these three places. Blissful meadows, Publick house or Sturbridge Host.  We have family coming from CT, NH and central MA so was looking for something kind of in the middle. Any comments are appreciated or if anyone has any other suggestions of local places. 

Re: Central MA Venues Blissful Meadows vs Publick House vs Stubridge Host

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding reception at the Publick House.  The food at the tasting was great.  Everyone I have dealt with there has been helpful.  They have special packages for slow months of the year.  I picked November because it's cheaper.  The rooms for overnight lodging are so-so, but affordable.  We had a block of rooms and our guests were able to get a room for $105.  However, you can find rooms on Priceline.com for much cheaper. 

How many people do you expect to have? What month are thinking for a date? If you're looking to have a church ceremony, the Federated Church is right across the street. 

HTH

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We are hoping for about 100-125 people and I was trying to find a date next October... which I know might be asking too much =) 
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind a day wedding they might still have an opening.  We booked in July 2010 and October 2011 was pretty much booked up.  It's worth a shot though. 

Here's the thing, I always wanted an October wedding.  Our only option was the last weekend in October.  When they told us that November is cheaper, it made the decision a lot easier to wait a week and save about 20%.  Plus, a lot of vendors are available in November as opposed to October when everyone else is getting married. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TFPTFP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry - not one of those venues but we chose Old Sturbridge Village and are SO pleased with them!

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are going to visit both Publick House and Sturbridge Village this weekend..... have you visited yet?  If not I will let you know how they are afterwards!
  • edited December 2011
    So we went to see Sturbridge Host and Publick House yesterday.  I will say athat we fell in love with Publick House... it has great New England charm and romance in an old historical building with floors that are not even and low ceilings.  The Paige Room where they do the receptions is really nice and you can do your ceremony in there as well if you want/need to (in case of rain).  Laura, who we met with yesterday, was extremely helpful and full of useful information.  Next we headed to Sturbridge Host, which in all honestly we didn't like at all.  We walked in the front door and all we could smell was the pool (which is located in the middle of the hotel and is open to everything).  It is old and tired looking.  THe outside area where the tent and gazebo are for weddings was actually pretty nice and overlooking the lake.  The manager showed us some of the guest rooms which are SO much nicer than the rest of the property lets on.  Then we went to Blissful Meadows which we really liked.  The grounds are beautiful and the old barn where the receptions are held is original wood from the 1870's with gorgeous exposed beams... we met with Mark who was extremely helpful and funny.

I hope some of this helps.  I would deffinetly reccomend going to visit The Publick House and Blissful Meadows.  Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards