Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF/LFF

Re: FFF/LFF

• edited March 2013
    I flame claudias91 for thinking her FI's parents are supposed to pay for her wedding. 

ETA: LFF for CourtaniaLynn thoughts and prayers for your family. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:4487f265-3d19-4b7c-bbcc-e2144d3a99f0">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame jgogan1 's mother in law and sister in law for this - "Then last month her and my FSIL came to visit and stuff was even more uncomfortable. His sister asked us if we wanted children and when my fiancé said we weren't sure she told me she would beat the sh$t out of me if I didn't give him children and my FMIL said she would hold me down and artificially inseminate me herself...which is insane." The thread is listed below: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_fmil-issueshelp">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_fmil-issueshelp</a>
    Posted by ladytori[/QUOTE]

Wow, wtf. I hadn't seen this post. I have no words.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:a371b6f3-8c0a-4f0e-8b4e-143183484bf7">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : OP from this one PMed me when I quoted her initial post.  Apparently bride was harrassing her to take it down and there were further issues.  I told her it was rude to DD, and I wasn't taking it down.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I almost have to flame the OP on this one because the "only reason" mpierce came to play was because OP sent her the link? After they ended their friendship, and she stepped out of the wedding she really sent the bride a link? "look what everyone is saying about you". I think ataloss, mpierce and terminator were all the same people. IMO
    Anniversary
  • LFF to Courtania on her loss.

I saw the divorce lady thread.  WTF is all I have to say about that one...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:fd9b77f3-86c4-44e2-acf5-ebc7c983c366">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : I almost have to flame the OP on this one because the "only reason" mpierce came to play was because OP sent her the link? After they ended their friendship, and she stepped out of the wedding she really sent the bride a link? "look what everyone is saying about you". I think ataloss, mpierce and terminator were all the same people. IMO
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure - I just pulled my PMs and I have a couple more from her.  Apparently mpierce threatened her and then called her mom regarding the post, and mom called ataloss and told her to be the bigger person and take it down, which she couldn't really do, because I quoted her.  The whole thing gives me a headache.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:3f3f22d1-3b44-41b8-b330-8f07d4c6404a">Re:FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]And another flame to OwningAHome for saying that a bridesmaid who hosts a shower doesn't get a hostess gift because that's "covered" by the bridesmaid gift. <a href="http://m.theknot.com/forums/weddingboards_etiquette_hostessgifts9">http://m.theknot.com/forums/weddingboards_etiquette_hostessgifts9</a>
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

I second this flame! I can't believe the stuff she posts.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:5181321a-ca6e-467c-931d-e1b8fe5a06af">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : I'm not sure - I just pulled my PMs and I have a couple more from her.  Apparently mpierce threatened her and then called her mom regarding the post, and mom called ataloss and told her to be the bigger person and take it down, which she couldn't really do, because I quoted her.  The whole thing gives me a headache.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I read, and read,  aannddd reeaaddd that thread and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I had to go read the quoted posts because they were removed, then go back and read the comments, and I just.. gave up. That whole thread might be the most troll-y and complicated one I've seen in a while. That was absurd. And someone's MOM called? What are we, in middle school?</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • LFF back at you guys (Liatris, Stage, zoberg and Pele) and others who've been nice to me this week.  Thank you so much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:d484299a-e8d1-4c8c-91fc-0ef2b974395f">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : Remember this is all still from the mouth of the OP. What mom would get involved in that?
    Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>+1 for Mean Girls gif. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be that mom one day ;-;

</div>
  • I flame Daizy106 for pulling out the "It's YOUR wedding" line in the help with future in laws post on SB. I'm SO done with hearing that line.

• I thought it was a pretty quiet week! Thank you all for providing entertaining reads in this thread. I'd like to give a shout out to the 17 year old who didn't go bezerk when everyone told her that it's best to wait for marriage. She took advice that she probably did not like very well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:82d12b61-03b2-47bd-b8e6-0d9d02b7334c">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : I read, and read,  aannddd reeaaddd that thread and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I had to go read the quoted posts because they were removed, then go back and read the comments, and I just.. gave up. That whole thread might be the most troll-y and complicated one I've seen in a while. That was absurd. And someone's MOM called? What are we, in middle school?
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

And remember, wasn't OP 44 or something? I wonder how old the bride was if she had her mom call. That's why it all seems so wishy washy. I don't know what to think.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:82d12b61-03b2-47bd-b8e6-0d9d02b7334c">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : I read, and read,  aannddd reeaaddd that thread and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I had to go read the quoted posts because they were removed, then go back and read the comments, and I just.. gave up. That whole thread might be the most troll-y and complicated one I've seen in a while. That was absurd. And someone's MOM called? What are we, in middle school?
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

That entire thread was a total Amtrak moment.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• PreDempseyPreDempsey member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013

My love goes to staar987 on the Teen Mom PPD thread in CC. She linked to a recap blog that had me laughing so hard yesterday.

A big flame to every single person who hears I'm getting married and takes it upon themselves to tell me why their marriages failed and offer advice that obviously worked so well for them.. It consumes a good portion of my work day.

J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:3f54879e-2e1b-49e8-a7c4-485779054855">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]My love goes to staar987 on the Teen Mom PPD thread in CC. She linked to a recap blog that had me laughing so hard yesterday. A big flame to every single person who hears I'm getting married and takes it upon themselves to tell me why their marriages failed and offer advice that obviously worked so well for them.. It consumes a good portion of my work day.
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

<div>That's horrible rude and uncomfortable. I'm so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, I'm sending good vibes your way :3 Best of luck!!! Eff those haters.</div>
  • edited March 2013
    Not board related, but it's sticking with me: I flame you, ironic hipster dude I saw at Walmart last night. You growing a hitler moustache confuses me to the point of anger, and I feel it disqualifies you from hipster status. Also, wtf, Walmart doesn't need help maintaining it's weird and creepy rep. Shoo hitler hipster, shoo!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Thanks for all the loves and the totally not creepy internet stranger hugs. I've pretty much slept anywhere from 12 to 16 hours every day for the last three days. I did take my FI out to dinner for his birthday last night, and we watched Anchorman (his favorite movie). There has been a lot of cuddling, watching travel shows about Disney World (my ultimate go-to thing when I'm sad. Oh Disney, I love you) and a lot of food. I am giving myself through Sunday to "grief-eat" before it's back to dieting and working out to fit in my dress.

My parents are coming home either tomorrow or Sunday so I'm going to finally get my ass out of bed and make a few dinners and desserts for them so my mom doesn't have to cook when she gets back. I'm also considering talking to the florist for the wedding and changing my mom's corsage to one made of lilies (my grandmother's name is Lillian). Just not sure if (a) that's too much, (b) I should make it a surprise, or (c) it'll just make her sad.

Reading through the flames for this week has been highly entertaining since I missed pretty much all of them. I'm flaming my boss for asking me if I could drive over to the next city to deliver a car seat for her kid (they have one at the house, it was just "inconvenient") the day I found out my grandmother was going to die. I just ignored that text. I also flame my brother's "best friend". I couldn't get up with my brother via phone to tell him what was going on, so I got on FB and posted a message to his friend and neighbor's wall. It went like this:

Me: Hey, go knock on my brother's door and get his ass out of bed. I need him to call me. Family emergency.

DB: I don't see a "please" in that sentence, missy.

Me: My grandmother is dying, don't f*ck with me.

DB: And I am soooo sorry about that baby girl, but that's no excuse to talk to ME that way.

Me: Go to hell.

DB: Yo F*CK YOU!

And then he deleted me. FI said he'd punch him in the face if/when we see him again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:1408bc1b-eea8-4ebb-a7e7-d8a42ed4e5f0">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Daizy106 for pulling out the "It's YOUR wedding" line in the help with future in laws post on SB. I'm SO done with hearing that line.
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with angelface. It's not "Your Day" when you invite others. It becomes an event for family/friends, which means the bride and groom should be proper hosts to their guests. In other words if the bride and groom are drinking high end champagne and eating lobster/ filet, their guests should be given this option too.
  • LFF to everyone here for FFF. I'm having a generally crappy day and this has brightened it significantly.

Also FFF to OwningAHome. Pretty much everything she says makes me like this:
  • A totally random flame for the guy who shoved me down the up escalator at Penn Station on Sunday night because I was in his way, 

The ambulance team was fantastic and my cuts and bruises may heal in time for spring clothes.  But you will be an asshole forever.
  • I totally don't understand the idea of not liking other people opening presents because YOU don't have presents. I'm seriously considering not opening gifts in front of guests at my shower because I don't have a poker face, and that's a LOT of pressure to be equally surprised/elated/stoked for every present. It just sounds like a lot of anxiety on my end. I'd rather thank everyone for the gifts and open them later with my FI, and then send thank you cards after.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:f3ce3549-2df8-4d7e-a118-8fc6ff8200d7">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]LFF to everyone here for FFF. I'm having a generally crappy day and this has brightened it significantly. Also FFF to OwningAHome. Pretty much everything she says makes me like this:
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>She replied to a recent thread on here and it took everything I had not to reply to it and say 'Whatever this advice is, just don't listen to it.'

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:dfe0501a-3730-4a0a-ae00-eab681a4dfba">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally don't understand the idea of not liking other people opening presents because YOU don't have presents. I'm seriously considering not opening gifts in front of guests at my shower because I don't have a poker face, and that's a LOT of pressure to be equally surprised/elated/stoked for every present. It just sounds like a lot of anxiety on my end. I'd rather thank everyone for the gifts and open them later with my FI, and then send thank you cards after.
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

And it also depends on how many gifts one has to open. I just recently went to a baby shower and it took almost 2 hours to open the gifts... it was not fun! In a case like that, I would have much rather her open the gifts after we left. For a typical shower, I expect gifts to be open in front of me so as a guest I wouldn't care either way.
    Anniversary
  • LFF to Tarra, KMBryant, and Pele for posting the best pics/gifs ever.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:f3ce3549-2df8-4d7e-a118-8fc6ff8200d7">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]LFF to everyone here for FFF. I'm having a generally crappy day and this has brightened it significantly. Also FFF to OwningAHome. Pretty much everything she says makes me like this:
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

Lol!!! Amazing. LFF to that!

• Oh my goodness. Now OAH is basically saying that New York would be nothing without wonderful Long Island because they support the rest of the state.
  • In Response to Re:FFF/LFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF/LFF:Oh my goodness. Now OAH is basically saying that New York would be nothing without wonderful Long Island because they support the rest of the state. Posted by misshart00

ooh ooh where??? Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

Engagement party thread. 5 down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:7f192484-f0ab-45e4-a00e-d5f0f7cbfa85">Re:FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness. Now OAH is basically saying that New York would be nothing without wonderful Long Island because they support the rest of the state.
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]

Well all of the tax revenue from the gum and hairspray purchases really help hold the state together.
  • I'm definitely going to second (or third) that flame of the photographer that posted that picture of the couple looking upset holding a sign saying "What no presents?" or something like that.

All the other good flames were taken! I hung out mostly around the GIS board this week so I missed out.

Love to all the ladies here, haven't gotten to know you yet, but the threads definitely keep me entertained. Especially when I'm just sitting at home most of the day anyway
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ffflff-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c65678b6-ef12-4474-8f3a-7c58236869abPost:0af8674b-96f3-4fe5-bf82-102aae3d8fbc">Re:FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF/LFF : Well all of the tax revenue from the gum and hairspray purchases really help hold the state together.
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. I just am tired of her, and as a proud person from upstate NY, she can eff off with her LI talk. You had me damn near rolling laughing at that. TY.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards