Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Annoyances

I am feeling feisty today. Lets complain.

I am annoyed by Couch to 5K. I started it a long time ago, but sort of stopped doing it, and have just been running as far as I can and then walking for a minute or two, then running again. I have a 5k at the end of June so I thought I would try CT5K again, and I was going to start at week 6 since that is about where I am at right now. So the first day is run 5 minutes, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, run 5. All good right? Next day is Run 10, walk 3, run 10. Well okay, that is a little hard, but maybe do-able? Next day is run 25 minutes with no walking. WTF. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE.

I am annoyed by the traffic I am going to get stuck in tomorrow. I hate Holiday weekends. Why can't everyone just stay home?

Now you go.  

Re: Annoyances

• Options
    I did the C25K, Shan.  It works.  I know the 25 minute run looks hard, but you can totally do it.  Don't fear it!
  • Options
    I am annoyed by everything this week. I had a good list going earlier but now I forgot. But basically the same stuff as usual, the fuuucking mail, assssssholes (I feel like I'm cursing in Parseltounge) on the Metro, the inability of people to grasp basic elevator etiquette. 
    Photobucket
  • Options

Explain elevator etiquette to me Rup. I probably do it wrong. I don't like to stand in the middle.

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm annoyed that I woke up early to go to a meeting, and no one showed up.  I could have slept in.  And since that meeting was early morning, and my clinic is in the afternoon, now I'm just wasting time in my office (I could have been at home, chilling with the dog).  Grr.
  • Options
    Oh mainly that you let people out before you get in. That is any doorway but it is more annoying on the elevator. These are not real rules, but I also get mad at people who take the elevator for one floor, people who don't pay attention and try to get on/off at the wrong time, people talking to me in the elevator, large groups of people who hold the doors for like 10 mintues while they try to decide if their group will fit or not. Basically elevators make me hate people, even more than I already do. Also, I don't think people should talk on the phone in the elevator if they can help it. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:10fdace6-9875-40d5-8c3c-85b77741f3b4">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did the C25K, Shan.  It works.  I know the 25 minute run looks hard, but you can totally do it.  Don't fear it!
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Ditto what Joy says.

When training for running, you will be amazed by what your body can do.  It looks intimidating, but totally doable.  Shan, are you running outside or inside?
  • Options
    I'm annoyed that my Friday job won't need me anymore after the 1st, and instead of letting me work my day tomorrow, they're having Grandma come because she's off work. I get it, it saves you money, Grandma wants to see the babies etc, but it would be nice to let me work my day since you pretty much said when you hired me in February that you hoped to use me for a year or so, and now I'm getting screwed because your hours changed at work.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i am annoyed at the zit on my cheek.  i never get them on my cheek.  wtf.

also, if 25 is too long, then split it up.  no big deal.  push yourself, but make sure you CAN do it.  don't set yourself up for failure.  but, i'm sure you can do it.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed I can't get people to send answer our "you need to RSVP" calls.
    I'm also annoyed that is it is the 2 year anniversary of my attempted murder and his "in lovin memory" page on FB is flooded by people that are ooey gooey "we miss you so much! Wish you were here"
                     Seriously? the man beat his kids, had a 19 year old "nanny" living in the basement with that that i busted in bed with this TWICE.  He tried to kill me, planned to kill his kids and you "Miss you love you" THAT?!?!?

And i'm annoyed that i'm letting $2 get to me so much that i just sucked down 2 cookies in stress eating rage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh okay I don't do any of those things. That would be annoying.

I am really annoyed that it is only 8:30.
  • Options
    acid reflux is an assssshole. that is my annoyance.
  • Options
    I lived on the 7th floor in college and we HATED when people took the elevator to the 2nd and 3rd floors, haha. It made the elevator stop way more than necessary on it's way up to our floor, which was the top floor.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed that after going six weeks without sugar I fell off the wagon HARD over the last few weeks, due to stress.  Argh.

I'm annoyed that I feel sad that I JUST BARELY missed a 4.0 GPA.  I know I should be freakin' ecstatic that I got a 3.85, but it's like...SO CLOSE.  You know?  I wonder what I could have done better to boost that A- to an A.  Two weeks ago I would have been bouncing off the walls to get an A-.  What the hell is wrong with me?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Rain.  I'm annoyed with this fucking rain.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:cbaad06e-70a8-4ec5-b2ce-a23fd7d6f811">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm annoyed I can't get people to send answer our "you need to RSVP" calls. I'm also annoyed that is it is the 2 year anniversary of my attempted murder and his "in lovin memory" page on FB is flooded by people that are ooey gooey "we miss you so much! Wish you were here"                  Seriously? the man beat his kids, had a 19 year old "nanny" living in the basement with that that i busted in bed with this TWICE.  He tried to kill me, <strong>planned to kill his kids </strong>and you "Miss you love you" THAT?!?!? And i'm annoyed that i'm letting $2 get to me so much that i just sucked down 2 cookies in stress eating rage
    Posted by myname1234[/QUOTE]

I've heard your story before, but I didn't know that part. That's really awful. Obviously what happened to you is equally terrible. I totally understand your rage.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed that my bushes and shrubs and stuff aren't growing slowly enough that I can wait for H to take care of them.  I'm about to do a hack job on them I'm sure.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i'm annoyed that fezz hasn't had the baby yet.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed it's not lunchtime yet.  I'm hungry. 

Bay, your GPA is awesome!  Please start bouncing off the walls.  Maybe wear a helmet.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:73676213-99c6-4959-b4f0-9ac40ad8c41f">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm annoyed that after going six weeks without sugar I fell off the wagon HARD over the last few weeks, due to stress.  Argh. I'm annoyed that I feel sad that I JUST BARELY missed a 4.0 GPA.  I know I should be freakin' ecstatic that I got a 3.85, but it's like...SO CLOSE.  You know?  I wonder what I could have done better to boost that A- to an A.  Two weeks ago I would have been bouncing off the walls to get an A-.  What the hell is wrong with me?
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is awesome though! It is hard to get As. I got straight A- in grad school, I could never do enought to bump me up to the normal A. 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Ugh, Myname, that would make me rage.  I'm sorry people are a-holes.

This is probably the worst annoyance for anyone to read, but I'm annoyed that my clothing is starting to not fit (i.e. its too loose) and I can't really afford to buy new clothes because every penny is going towards the wedding and the honeymoon.  I need to learn to sew so I can start taking things in.
  • Options
    I'm also annoyed that I'm doing a big chunk of my old job now along with my new position, and my boss thinks she can just give me little bonuses here and there to make it up to me.  I'm going to talk to her about a raise, but I'm not sure I'll win that one.  She's got a death grip on the purse strings.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I'm annoyed at myself for burning my chin with a noodle.  I was stirring noodles to cook them, and took one out with a fork to taste test it.  As I was blowing on it, it fell and burned my chin, so now there's a big blister and I have to keep a band-aid on it.  I look like a 7 year old all over again. 

RupertPenny, elevators are just hard for some people.  You wouldn't think "you have to let us get off so there's room for you to get in" would be simple, but it seems it is not. 
  • Options
    Hey Mands, me too. Imagine that!
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    I'm annoyed with my digestive system. All these antibiotics are wreaking havoc on it. I'm even gorging on lactobacillus and acidophilus. Wtf?!
  • Options
    GPA's are definitely annoying. 
  • Options
    Aw Eagles, don't be annoyed with yourself <3

Matts- I run outside. I think I can go a little longer on a treadmill, but we cancelled our gym membership.

I am annoyed by the weather. It's been like 90 but SOFAKING windy that I cannot even go outside.

I am annoyed that my water bill is the only one that doesn't come out automatically, so I totally forgot to pay it. Whoops.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:1c74398d-1e75-484d-bd8b-c5bc30014aba">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm annoyed that my boss and his mom are locked in some sort of battle to see who can out-passive-aggressive each other this week. I'm annoyed by the muscle spasm in my neck. <strong>I'm annoyed at my hair because it's too long but I don't want to cut it because of this godforsaken wedding</strong>. I'm annoyed that Shan lives all the way over there and I'm all the way over here.  I'm annoyed with myself because I'm so miserable. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

This here too!  I really want my hair short, but i'm waiting for the wedding too.  Lock of Love is going to love me in a few weeks.  I see 18" coming off my head
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ha!  I know I'm just being stupidly hard on myself.  I told my parents last night and my dad was all "I NEVER DID THAT WELL IN SCHOOL WHY ARE YOU NOT ECSTATIC?"

Ugh, Eagles, I sympathize entirely.  By the day of our wedding my hair felt like a huge, hot, heavy pelt on top of my head.  The wife chop felt soooooo good.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Rupert+Penny, I get annoyed when people try to get onto the T (our metro) before we can all get off.  Don't they know that it takes a lot less time for the train to go if they just wait their damn turn??
  • Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_annoyances-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8b36f615-389a-488e-813b-9263b8fe7b00Post:70b29e4d-47fa-418e-a4f2-e49a70143f52">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh okay I don't do any of those things. That would be annoying. I am really annoyed that it is only 8:30.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

I am annoyed at this as well.

I am annoyed that I have to use my vacation hours tomorrow to help my sister clean out her lake house and they are giving me attitude b/c FI cannot come. Sorry, I get to drive the 90 miles there and clean all fuuckiing day, and that is not good enough for you.

I really want sugar, so badly.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards