Pennsylvania
Options

Marriage License after Wedding

Hi Everyone,

What do we do with the marriage license after the ceremony?  I know it has to be filed with the county but can we mail it?  Do both of us have to be present?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Re: Marriage License after Wedding

• Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I don't have an answer for you, but call your county's courthouse and get in touch with the orphan's court clerk.  He or she should be able to help.  If you're in Northampton Country, the clerk is Dorothy Cole at 610-559-3095.  I called with other questions and they were very helpful.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Did you get your marraige license yet? We got ours from Lackawanna County and the clerk gave us directions and a checklist etc. with it. Either way calling couldn't hurt. Thats what thier there for.
  • Options
    The person who is officating your ceremony needs to sign it and send it in to be filed.  There should be an envelope included for who it needs to be sent to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are you getting married at a church or at a different venue? Our priest told us he handles sending in the marriage license after the ceremony. He said we just need the license and he'll take care of the rest. We were told we should have it the week we get back from the honeymoon, if not sooner. I'd ask your local courthouse and follow up with wherever your ceremony is.
  • Options
    Oh, I do know you both have to be present to OBTAIN the marriage license. You both have to swear the information you give is correct and fill out the form together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards