Attire & Accessories Forum

heybridal.com

Anyone ever heard of heybridal.com I found that same dress that I feel love with at DB for 750.00 they have it online for 160.00 is this a real site? ANyone ever used it? This would really save me alot of money.

Re: heybridal.com

• I just wouldn't trust knockoff sites. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_heybridalcom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:86ba9006-7771-478a-9d13-e7af403f8ca9Post:84c85624-6d9a-46ee-86b6-851820ec5392">heybridal.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone ever heard of heybridal.com I found that same dress that I feel love with at <strong>DB for 750.00</strong> they have it online for 160.00 is this a real site? ANyone ever used it? This would really save me alot of money.
    Posted by Tia328[/QUOTE]

Well considering DB is the only stores allowed to carry their dresses, this is not a good sign. Knock off sites are not worth the time, hassle or stress in the end, just to save some money, most people find themselves out more money than if they'd just bought the original dress.

What dress are you looking at? If you're willing maybe try and find it used.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The knockoff sites have a seamstress sitting somewhere in China, trying to recreate the dress that you fell in love with from a picture.  It rarely works out well.  The dresses will very rarely end up looking like the picture and the fabric and other materials that they use isn't even close to the original dress.  Often, the stitching is all wrong, and it is unwearable.  And then you are stuck with a dress that you can't wear and you have an even lower dress budget, because you wasted your money.

I agree with PP.  Try posting the dress you love here, and we can try to help you find it used or preowned. Many brides buy dresses and then have dress regret and end up buying a second dress.  They ultimately end up selling one of them unworn and unaltered.  So, when you hear "used" or "preowned", consider that a lot of them won't have ever been worn. (I sold a brand new Mori Lee dress for $325.00 that had never been worn or altered).

It's worth a shot.

www.recycledbride.com
    www.preownedweddingdresses.com
    www.oncewed.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards