Maryland-Baltimore

Save the dates...when do you send them out?

Hi ladies,

My wedding date is Oct. 1, 2011. When do you suggest I send out the save the dates. 

Have a great day!

Re: Save the dates...when do you send them out?

• edited December 2011
    I've heard different things I've heard 6-12 months out, 6-10 months out and 6-8 months out. I think it depends on how many out of towners you're gonna have. I'm getting married Aug 6th 2011 and I sent mine out about 2 weeks ago (I went with the 10 month mark LOL). I did magnets so FI and I will be up on our guests' fridges and the Save the Date won't get lost. I think its personal preference really.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

We got married in October, and I believe we sent out our save the dates in late April/early May.  But like PP said - it depends on how many out of towners you have.  I think 6-8 months is a good rule of thumb.

• edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks so much. 

Yea, we are not having a lot of out of towner. My main concern is that they might get invited to other weddings since October is a popular month. 

Should that be a concern? I think I am going to mail them out after the holidays, so abot 6-9 months out.

• edited December 2011
    My wedding date is Oct. 1, 2011 as well! I just ordered mine last week and plan to have them sent out by the end of November. It seems to be a popular time for weddings and I know one person in our bridal party has a wedding 4 states away the next day. Eep!

We also have a lot of out of towners coming though, and a cousin of mine is having a Bah Mitzvah next year too, so I just wanted to be sure my magnets are at the top of their fridge before too much came up!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is 9/10/11 and I'm sending mine in the end of December, early January. I think about 9 months in advance is a good amount of time, but that also depends on how many OOT guest you'll be having.
    Sept 2011 Signature Challenge

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• seralee5804seralee5804 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I am dropping the ball major!!

Our wedding is in May and we are still waiting to get EPICs done... (FI Aunt is taking them and his cousin came back from Japan so she is crazy busy) I may just do date STD with no pics to get them out.

Can we say stressed out!!
    Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My date is also 9.10.11 and I'm mailing mine as soon as we lock in a venue.
    Most of the guests will be OOTers.
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • edited December 2011
    Typically it's 6-8 months unless it's a destination wedding, then it's more like 12.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent mine out in july or august and i'm getting married in Sept... but then again ive been doing everything early. And 9/10/11 is a popular date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So i am getting Married in March and i still haven't sent mine all out! Can you say slacking?!?!?! We don't have very many OOTers though. Most people know when the date is by WOM so hopefully they won't be like what?!?! Oh Well!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards