Snarky Brides

Holy hell

13»

Re: Holy hell

• They're expensive, and there are always loud teenagers. (Wow, I'm such an old woman.)

How about a drive in movie for our first date? Maybe we could find a midnight showing of Killer Clowns from Outer Space/
  • I'm so there! I've never been to a drive in. I've always wanted to go.

Speaking of loud teenagers, there was a pair of them that came in late and sat right next to Matt. They texted and giggled the whole time. Matt hates people, so he was in agony.
  • Next time that happens, I would turn, smile sweetly, and say "Excuse me, but could you please, shut the fuuck up." Works every time ;)

• eye to eye, nebb, I always just wait for Netflix, or the very late, cheap theatre pubs around here. Last movie I went to was Avatar, with the stupid glasses, I think it was like 35-40 bucks for FI and I. We didn't really like it, so I vowed not to get wrapped up in new movie hype after that.
    Photobucket
  • We have a drive in here and yet, we've never gone! I think once it cools down we'll go.
  • 40 bucks? That is crazy. Was there at least a lot of sex and violence?
  • Oh jasmine, I looove drive-in's. Alas, I think the closed down our last one a few years ago. Ten bucks a car for two movies? That's a deal. And getting drunk as a skunk during the second movie (that's always bad and everyone has left)? Priceless.
    Photobucket
  • Well, I'm off. H and I are going to dinner. See you later tonight all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:508d51f4-938b-4d87-bafe-9abbf7f28bfcPost:61c2e6a7-9e5d-4b33-b65d-b32748cf5d3f">Re: Holy hell</a>:
    [QUOTE]40 bucks? That is crazy. Was there at least a lot of sex and violence?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>No! I'm talking about the stupid alien blue Avatar. It was the story of Fern Gully with a lot of hoopla surrounding it. You haven't seen it?</div><div>
    </div><div>I would like to see Last Airbender, but I've heard M Night ruined it, and I am already mad at him for ruining my precious Avatar (the<em> real</em> Avatar).</div>
    Photobucket
  • Bye Jasmine. Have a great dinner!
  • Have a good dinner! 
    Photobucket
  • bye Jas!  I'm adding myself to the list of people who vaguely dislike movie theatres.  Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't know what "Inception" was.  Oops.
  • It's okay Jackie. I just saw it and I'm still not sure what the hell it is.
  • Neither FI nor I watch much TV so we don't usually see movie promos.  I barely know that Chelsea Clinton's getting married.

Shopping update:  I bought that sash on Etsy, and narrowly averted getting a third dress.  Thanks to all my stylists!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Nebb and Jas, y'all would like our movie theater. If you talk, text or tweet during the movie, they throw your ass out. If they see the glow of your cell phone or hear it ring, you are gone, no refund. Literally. They also serve beer and full meals, and there are tables between the rows of seats so people can't kick you, unless they are stretch armstrong or something. The movies are usually about $8 each. Beer is extra of course, but they have a really good selection. 

Oh, and the only time you can bring a baby is Tuesday or Friday for shows starting before 5pm. The idea is catching on all over the place. I think there should be an Alamo Drafthouse in every major city. 

There are 4 in town, and we haven't been to another movie theater in almost 4 years. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Jackie- I'm glad you got that sash. Its gorgeous!
  • Sarah- that sounds like this place in Anchorage, Bears Tooth. THey serve amazing footd and beer and what not. They dont show many movies though.
  • We get all the new ones and some indie flicks. It is definitely one of the reasons I love living in Austin. If we moved anywhere, I'd seriously miss it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards