California-Inland Empire

Possible Venue Change... Is this a good idea?

I am thinking of a venue change. My current venue, The Mitten Building is going to try and match an amazing offer I found. Its a venue in LA called Culver Events. They specialize in "All Inclusive Weddings" Basically they have everything you need: photographer, linens and overlays, dj, childrens room with a sitter, projector for your slideshow, four course meal,  cake or cupcakes, ceremony/reception rooms, centerpeices, bouquets, bartenders, servers, ... everything. The cost is $6000 for 75 guests. I think its a good deal b/c my budget is 10K and I would be getting all I need for 6K. So thats like a 4K savings!  At the Mitten, it will be close to 4K for ceremony/reception for 75 people. That doesnt include dinner... that will probably be another 1-2K. Then there's the photographer which will be 1K minimum, and the DJ ...

The bad thing is that if I change I may loose my 1K deposit... but I will still be saving 3K... it might be worth it. Plus since we need to be at LAX the next morning, being out there already helps a lot. Plus over half my guests are LA locals. I need to go visit the venue though before I make any snap decisions. The Mitten will be calling me tomorrow to let me know how close they can come to matching my offer. We shall see how that goes...
BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy

Re: Possible Venue Change... Is this a good idea?

• edited December 2011
    if your saving are still going to be greater than your loss... i say go for it! sounds like a great place! which i would have known about it sooner!

good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you can find someone that would want to take over your contract at the Mitten. If the Mitten will allow it. Maybe offer a deal and have the new bride give you a portion of your $1000.00 deposit and have her take it over. Just an idea hope it helps... Great find...
  • edited December 2011
    I say it is worth it to switch. Even though you are loosing 1k you are still saving 3k. You can put that extra money into your savings accoung. Ya know?

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the advice ladies... and finding someone to take my contract is a good idea...
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • amyweetheeamyweethee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you don't like the photographer or the wedding photos? Those all inclusive places sometimes cut corners. I know because my friend did one of those and it was not good. Everything was soo bad :(

I know the Mitten Building. I went there once for a wedding like 6 years ago. That place is awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    It's all up to you :o) Whatever works, I'm sure it'll look lovely :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards