Snarky Brides

This place sucks and is boring

For real though, I'm bored waiting for my contact to call me back with a lead, so lets entertain ourselves yes?

Any random ideas for a fun thread?  My mind is blank.

I'm listening to our air right now and our music guy has been playing Willie Nelson shiit for the past 20 minutes.  I've never really thought about it before, but srsly - Willie's voice is fucking sexy.  Course, the boner is gone once you look at the guy, but I'm kinda turned on by the voice, fo sho.  Someone else share something bizarrely random so I don't feel like such a buzzard.
panther

Re: This place sucks and is boring

• A few weeks ago FI thought he heard our neighbors across from us showing the apartment like they were leaving. I heard "packing" noises yesterday and FI immediately texted our new landlord saying that we always told the old one that (bascially) we wanted dibs on that apartment since it's the nicest one out of the 4.  Nosey neighbors party of two?

... they are totally moving out though, landlord contacted FI today ;)
  • I am so damn tired I can't even type right. I think I'm just burned out and need a break from work but I don't get a break until the end of June.

Um, something random. There is a baby opossum hanging out around our front porch. He is adorable and I've named him Pierre and I hope he stays forever. I saw him two days ago, then yesterday there was this awful dead smell from under the house and I was sad thinking Pierre had died, then I saw him last night and celebrated.
  • edited April 2012
    lbarr, I totally heard my neighbors arguing about sex the other night.  The chick was really laying into this guy - he did something wrong, I don't know, maybe he put the dishes away wrong for all I know.  Then she launched into his big tyrade about how he never shaves and she hates his cologne and DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME, THIS IS WHY I NEVER WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU.  It was kind of funny til I remembered this couple also has a couple of young kids...
    panther
  • edited April 2012
    I'm glad Pierre is okay Sesh, but this begs the question - what, or who is making the dead smell?
    panther
  • Um, I made cherry bonbon cookies yesterday and they were quite tasty.  Of course for every maraschino cherry that went in a cookie I had to eat another one - those things are a addictive. 

AATB, did you see Adam Lavine is single again?  Only guy in the world that can get away with wearing skinny jeans. 

• I have good news- my quad screening came back negative which means they are almost 100% positive my baby doesn't have downs. My first cousin had downs (she passed away at 6 months) so my doctors were kinda worried.

But- clean bill of health! Whoop Whoop.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • That is good news, Hike!

And yes Girlie I did see that news.  I'm not really a fan of Adam Levine musically, but fucking shite, that man is sexy as hell.  He's one guy I'd like to chain to my bed and have my filthy way with.
    panther
  • Hike thats great news!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-place-sucks-and-is-boring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83dd0f40-abbc-49ea-89ff-0592ad2baf07Post:abc5e408-6b70-4e09-a9f7-cbc1b60b711c">Re: This place sucks and is boring</a>:
    [QUOTE]lbarr, I totally heard my neighbors arguing about sex the other night.  The chick was really laying into this guy - he did something wrong, I don't know, maybe he put the dishes away wrong for all I know.  Then she launched into his big tyrade about how he never shaves and she hates his cologne and DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME, THIS IS WHY I NEVER WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU.  It was kind of funny til I remembered this couple also has a couple of young kids...
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>This made me laugh.  Oh, their poor children though....  Our neighbors below us get higher than heaven in front of their elementary school aged kids, it's okay.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Adult possums can suck a nut.  One scared the the snot out of me when I was doing laundry one evening.  It was doing possum-y things in the yard and running around in the dried leaves causing a ruckus and then I saw the tail and nearly died on the spot.  </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  I have to walk outside to get to the laundry, I wasn't just viewing this from my window.</div>
  • Btw Duds, I really like that article.  Maybe I should compile some of them for a poll or something?  Anyone up for it?
    panther
  • This place is boring today. :(

i have nothing exciting to share, unfortunately.

I have not once made a FB status about my wedding, but today I put "I think it's going to be good week. What do you say, Zach?" and I'm secretly effing excited that I have 19 likes. Because I'm lame.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd choose ear.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We had a possum when I was growing up, Sesh.  In suburban Los Angeles (go figure).  He liked to eat avocados off the neighbor's tree.  He liked cat food and dog food too.  Pierre is a perfect name for your little guy.

I really, really want a gyro from the Mediterranean Cafe.  Problem is, I had that for lunch Thursday and Friday, and I should eat what I brought with me.  First world problems.

We're having a burrito rolling party tonight at DH's BFF's house.  We make big burritos with egg, hash browns, cheese, salsa, and green chile, then wrap in foil and freeze for our group camping trips.  I can't wait - DH and his friends are hilarious and I love being around them.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Wonderful news Hike!

I'm incredibly bored at work with not much to do this week. They're in the process of moving half the hospital and the research unit is closed so i don't have any patients to see. of course, they next 3-4 weeks are going to be insanely busy. I wish it would just be steady for once.

I thought about starting a flammable confessions thread since I have one but I feel like that was done recently. Plus, I didn't want to be a PW and I already started a thread today. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Jenna- it's your wedding week! so fun!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Great news, Hike! Are you guys finding out the sex?

Oh, and I'd be up for some poll q's

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-place-sucks-and-is-boring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83dd0f40-abbc-49ea-89ff-0592ad2baf07Post:788be86a-a912-49f6-b8c1-859e56a70e8c">Re: This place sucks and is boring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad Pierre is okay Sesh, but this begs the question - what, or who is making the dead smell?

No clue. H smoked some fish and chicken the other day, and he said he tossed a couple pieces that fell onto the ground in the plant bed. Maybe an animal dragged them under the house and didn't eat them?

I really want to cuddle with Pierre because I'm sad he doesn't have a momma (I'm guessing, I have no idea), but opossum are mean little fuckers. Maybe I'll just give him something to eat tonight if I see him again.
  • Yay Hike!

• Woo Hike!  That's great :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-place-sucks-and-is-boring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83dd0f40-abbc-49ea-89ff-0592ad2baf07Post:5cdbdfd6-1cf9-4e36-acdf-7c386bda1d3c">Re: This place sucks and is boring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Btw Duds, I really like that article.  Maybe I should compile some of them for a poll or something?  Anyone up for it?

I am, those are cool questions and it would be a nice change from the usual "favorite poster" "least favorite poster" questions.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenna- We find out a week from this Thursday so that's exciting. Plus, H will finally be able to go to an appointment with me so I won't be alone. I'm pumped!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay, Hike! That's great news :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great news, Hike!!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • K I will make a poll.

In the meantime, Willie is still playing on our air.  This makes roughly 40 minutes.  Damn.
    panther
  • Koda- I'm going to ask my fi that question when he's drifting off to sleep tonight. I'm a big fan of "let me ask you a completely ridiculous question when you're too tired to ignore me"

Here's a random question for Edie: whatever happened with that girl who claimed she knew you irl a few months ago, but that she wouldn't say from where so as not to embaress you?
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I was really nervous about it because of my cousin so I feel much better.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-place-sucks-and-is-boring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:83dd0f40-abbc-49ea-89ff-0592ad2baf07Post:450b7f9e-5c6e-4fb2-bd68-bdbe6edebe5f">Re: This place sucks and is boring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Koda- I'm going to ask my fi that question when he's drifting off to sleep tonight. I'm a big fan of "let me ask you a completely ridiculous question when you're too tired to ignore me" HePosted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

I do this all the time. Our "pillow talk" is usually me asking him completely stupid and useless questions until he tells me to just go to bed already.

I told him just wait until he has his gum surgery and can't talk. Then he'll be forced to listen to me all day long.
  • Random:  My life became a low-brow comedy at 6am Saturday morning when I woke to a strange noise in my kitchen.  I found one of my two cats sitting idly by watching a little mouse scurry around the kitchen floor, which made me shriek and run away like a maniac.  The other cat was still snoozing on the bed.  For some reason I decided that an umbrella and a tupperware bowl were the items needed to take care of this situation.  Jeff laughed his butt off at all of this, I must have looked ridiculous.  We remediated the mouse problem but spent the rest of the weekend reminding Izzy & Squeaky (the lazy cats) of their implied duties as residents of our house.  This past weekend will forever be remembered as the weekend of the Epic Cat Fail.  Ugh. 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Hike-Congrats on the baby and your clear tests!!!  Hope you're feeling GREAT!  I have 3 of my own, so if you ever need a sympathy, I'm here for you! 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Hike that is great news!

Okay, question for all of you.  (kinda lame, but it beats boredom)

If you could turn into your partner for one day, what would you do?

no answering that you would lay on the couch, scratch your balls, and tell him to bring you a beer biiitch!

If I could turn into my partner for one day, I would want to go to his work and be him for the day.  He drives a huge lineman truck, goes up and down in the bucket, and climbs poles (what a view!).  Now I know there is a ton of danger to the job, so I would also want to have his 32 years of skills to guide me through my day.  Oh yeah, I want to have lunch at that diner on the corner in center city that makes the great burgers and fries too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards