Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Cake Servings

I have gone round and round with cakes and finally landed on doing several diffent flavors of nothing Bundt Cakes. They are delish. Anyway the questions is did you order enough slices to feed each guest or did you downsize a little with the thought in mind that not everyone would want cake? As it is now We have 65 guests and I'm ordering cake for 70 just wondering how yall ordered?

Re: Cake Servings

• The Cake Guys have awesome charts under "FAQs" about the number of servings you need.  I used that chart before I met with my bakery choices and both bakeries thought I was spot on.
  • tiffanygosstiffanygoss member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Sweet! Thank you

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_cake-servings-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0ae7e650-aaec-47e6-9308-1ac77b291025Post:3a9dee23-c023-451c-9638-1703d9671529">Re: Cake Servings</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Cake Guys have awesome charts under "FAQs" about the number of servings you need.  I used that chart before I met with my bakery choices and both bakeries thought I was spot on.
    Posted by tcam2012[/QUOTE]
  • They made a good point, we are having a full open bar at the reception so that would probably mean more people will not be eating cake after havign a few drinks.
  • I wish that I would have ordered less cake--we had a ton left over. We had roughly 130 guests and I ordered the 125 guest 'portion' from The Cake Guys and it was waaay too much. I could have easily gone with the 100 guest portion and would have been fine. I think it really comes down to how large the serving sizes are--every venue cuts cake differently, so that may have something to do with it. I wish I could have given it away to my family, but they are all OOT and couldn't travel without it being a huge PITA. Needless to say, I brought the leftovers to work and everybody noshed on that for a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards