Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Great News... I just have to share!!!

Okay.... So the FI just gave me the ok to pay for the final cost on venue and pay our coordinator!!!!! I'm really excited about that because that's 2 more things I can put on my "PAID" list. Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Great News... I just have to share!!!

• What venue did you end up going with?  You have done alot pretty fast!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_great-news-i-just-have-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5126b3e-1b6a-4aac-b95e-059073a61a89Post:45f3f846-c1d2-4ba1-92aa-168424df8411">Re: Great News... I just have to share!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What venue did you end up going with?  You have done alot pretty fast!
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I knoooowww! I'm so blessed. We chose, Heard Museum out in McKinney for both ceremony & reception. I am super excited....i want to remain stress free as possible. The only thing, the FI has a friend who does her own cakes and stuff. But it's more of a under the table deal, I would rather hire a professional. Is that wrong?
  • Congrats! Also just to throw it out there, you might want to make sure what your venue or catering contract lists for overpaying. We had a meeting with our venue a few weeks ago to get a general idea on what our final total would be, based on estimated head count. I was getting ready to pay that amount, when I noticed in our contract it said there would be no refund if you overpay/overestimate. So if we pay the total based on 75 people now, but our final headcount is only 65 people, there is no way we could get that extra money back.

What do you mean by cakes being done under the table?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_great-news-i-just-have-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5126b3e-1b6a-4aac-b95e-059073a61a89Post:8d512184-354f-4bea-a727-5f9c7785bc4d">Re: Great News... I just have to share!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Also just to throw it out there, you might want to make sure what your venue or catering contract lists for overpaying. We had a meeting with our venue a few weeks ago to get a general idea on what our final total would be, based on estimated head count. I was getting ready to pay that amount, when I noticed in our contract it said there would be no refund if you overpay/overestimate. So if we pay the total based on 75 people now, but our final headcount is only 65 people, there is no way we could get that extra money back. What do you mean by cakes being done under the table?
    Posted by shishigami26[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will look into that before estimating our final head count. And I meant...she would give us an amazing deal since she's a friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards