Michigan-Northern
Options

All Things Manistee

Hello!  My fiance and I are getting married in Manistee, Michigan next September.  We've already booked the VFW hall for the reception and one of their required caterers thus far.  However, we need a ceremony location that can hold about 250-300.  My parents got married at Trinity Lutheran church but I am not a member.  We don't belong to any church, actually.  We'd like to have a religious ceremony but need a locale!  Any suggestions on ceremony venue, hairdressers, pros/cons of certain hotels?

We have also booked a photographer (my aunt), possibly a DJ but if you have suggestions I'd love to hear them as this is not set in stone yet, our florist (Kaleva Country Flowers - my aunt works there)...

Also, how do I go about booking the trolley for after the ceremony and the shuttle for guests after the reception?

Thank you very much in advance!  Also, if you're getting married in Manistee, hit me up! :)
The Blog
--The Future Mrs. Schmitt--

Re: All Things Manistee

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I see you haven't heard from anyone but some info on the Trolley: My mom is the operations manager for Manistee County Dial-a-Ride {Trolley} and by state law you can no longer rent the trolley from Manistee. there are limo services and you can rent a "shuttle" for your guests! I believe that Trinity will still "rent" the church and if not the First Congregational across the street should hold all your guests. I would recomend Pastor Cordes for your reception, he was one of my childhood pastors and is great! You may already be married and if you are..sorry this is so late!

Mia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards