Kentucky-Louisville

How to tackle those pesty non-RSVP guests

We sent out our invites and we hear that many people will not RSVP one way or the other.  The reply cards were stamped, have a due date of May 1st and there is NOT an option to RSVP via email or online (my dad thought this was less traditional and tacky).  

I am wondering what suggestions there are for how to get ahold of the people who do not RSVP.  We are having seating assignments so it is important we get an accurate name/head count.  I though a simple email a few weeks before the wedding might be a polite way to say "hey I hope your invite arrived to you...blah blah....will you be able to attend?" Thoughts?  Also, what to do about those who I do not have an email address for?

Re: How to tackle those pesty non-RSVP guests

• I would call them!!
    I don't think it's rude or inappropriate to call and ask.  I've seen on other boards girls ask the same question & most people say that they are the rude ones not replying!
  • I agree with the PP. To not RSVP is rude. It is perfectly acceptable and you are well within your rights to call/email and ask if they are coming. I would simply tell them if you do not have an accurate number you can't assure they'll have a place to sit and food to eat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards