Registry and Gift Forum

Question about registering at more than 1 store...

Ok, So my fiance and I are registering at three diff. stores. Should we register the same things at all places? how does that work? Some may not go to BBB and that is where our main store is we have the most stuff at. But I don't want people who don't have a BBB around not have anything to get us. hmmm...PLEASE HELP!

Re: Question about registering at more than 1 store...

• Most people, nowadays, do online shopping so even if there isn't a BB&B near them they can still purchase online.  Putting the same things on all three registries is a bad idea.  You will inevitably get stuck with multiple items.  I would find the store that offers the product for the least amount.

Out of curiosity, why are you registering at three stores if they all carry the same items?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • For variety. BBB has things that Target doesn't and we want to make sure there are things for everyone to be able to afford. I just didn't know if I should do the things I want from each store or if I needed to register for the same thing.
  • I would do different items from each store, that's why I ended up with 4 different stores on mine. One store simply doesn't have it all! 
  • I registered at 4 different stores- Bloomingdales, Crate and Barrel, Kohls, and a boutique gift shoppe in my hometown. The reasoning behind this is that each place has a different price point for guests to choose from. It is also important to register somewhere that is not online. That's what the boutique shoppe is for- guests who aren't tech-savy and feel more comfortable buying gifts locally rather than online will appreciate this!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_question-about-registering-at-more-than-1-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f687aa7f-e529-4b94-8f5f-c40cbc3270a6Post:00bbc6c5-7c63-439a-abac-b80892f652c2">Re: Question about registering at more than 1 store...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most people, nowadays, do online shopping so even if there isn't a BB&B near them they can still purchase online.  Putting the same things on all three registries is a bad idea.  You will inevitably get stuck with multiple items.  I would find the store that offers the product for the least amount. Out of curiosity, why are you registering at three stores if they all carry the same items?
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

This.

Also to note, Target's registry has a horrible reputation for not working right, things deleting, etc.
  • Like PP said, don't double register for every item. That will be a hassle to return later. There are a few items that I did double register for, such as bedsets, linens and towels. I registered for cheaper ones from Target for daily use and nicer ones from Kohls/BBB. Everything else got split up by whichever store had the best quality item of that type with the best price. I did have to go back & look at each registry online to delete my accidental doubles.
  • I'm trying to decide about registering at 3-4 stores... It feels extravagant to me, but here are my reasons: 

- different price points available
    - more online options for our (many) international guests
    - more variety of gift options

I was thinking of doing 2 national chains (Canadian - The Bay and Home Outfitters or Linen Chest), plus 1 more local (Zone - with more affordable/quirky options), and myregsitry.com for things that are not available in big stores (Fair Trade items from Ten Thousand Villages etc). 

Does that make sense? Or is it too confusing for guests?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_question-about-registering-at-more-than-1-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f687aa7f-e529-4b94-8f5f-c40cbc3270a6Post:e87aa902-9ff0-423d-b197-b445cb992888">Re: Question about registering at more than 1 store...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to decide about registering at 3-4 stores... It feels extravagant to me, but here are my reasons:  - different price points available - more online options for our (many) international guests - more variety of gift options I was thinking of doing 2 national chains (Canadian - The Bay and Home Outfitters or Linen Chest), plus 1 more local (Zone - with more affordable/quirky options), and myregsitry.com for things that are not available in big stores (Fair Trade items from Ten Thousand Villages etc).  Does that make sense? Or is it too confusing for guests?
    Posted by musicalcanadianbride[/QUOTE]

<div>I think this is fine.  A lot of people on TK say no more than three, but I've seen as many as 6 and it didn't bother me because the lists weren't super extravagant or long.  What DOES bother me is 3 stores with lists that go on for pages.  I'd rather have a wider variety of store choices and a small variety of item choices within each store, if that makes any sense.  But that's just me.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And if you're having a shower, be super-careful. You don't want 2 people bringing blenders from your registry. One bought at BB&B, one elsewhere.

Personally, depending on how tech-savvy your guests are (about half of ours are over 60), you may need different price points at each store. I've got in-store shoppers in the PNW and here in the Bay Area, so both the store in the PNW and the store in the Bay Area should (and do) have gifts at multiple price points.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_question-about-registering-at-more-than-1-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f687aa7f-e529-4b94-8f5f-c40cbc3270a6Post:7e260ca2-71f4-4732-8b9f-027b6f4160f5">Re: Question about registering at more than 1 store...</a>:
    [QUOTE]And if you're having a shower, be super-careful. You don't want 2 people bringing blenders from your registry. One bought at BB&B, one elsewhere. 
    Posted by ElisabethJoanne[/QUOTE]

<div>Semi-tangent?:  Of course that can happen anyway.  I got doubles of 3 gifts off of my registry at my shower.  By the time I opened the third one we were all laughing because there was obviously some kind of glitch on the registry system that didn't mark items as fulfilled.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards