Latino Weddings

Getting what you want but not being a BRIDEZILLA!

Hello everyone! I need your help. I have been engaged since january 2009.  Right away my FILs told us that they would help.  Now we are 5 months from the wedding and it seems they don't have the money or an idea of the rehearsal dinner (among other things they said they would help with).  I am a little disappointed but not surprised. They still want to do it but I'm worried my fiance and I will be stuck with the bill. I really just want to tell them that it's not necessary. Should I see how everything pans out or should I tell them to not worry about it?

Re: Getting what you want but not being a BRIDEZILLA!

• latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe you and FI can have a talk with the FIL's to see if they are still going to be able to pay for the RD or maybe you can split the bill,if you don't want to spend to much on food you can order pizza's or have a bbq something that won't cost to much,hope this helps.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. With five months til your wedding, I would just plan things yourselves (you and FI) and when the bill comes, I would ask FILs if they'd like to chip in. If they can't, that's ok- you can just pay it yourselves.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    You and FI shoiuld definately talk to them.  If they are not going to help they should let you know soon so that you could be prepared to pay for it yourselves.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plan to pay for it yourself and if you don't have to you can spend it on yourselves!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I would sit with the family and find out what are the arrangements for the cost of the dinner.  Once you are informed you will be able to make a decision as to what you would like to do.  You can't continue to wait and be stuck at the last minute.

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards