Not Engaged Yet

I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.

Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.

• edited December 2011
    She's just jealous 'cuz SeaTea is hawt.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. Sea, loves that pic. Hesitating slightly to post on this thread, since Ms. or Mr. Troll will probably find something to harass me about, but I had to tell you that!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:98add87b-0e76-4326-81da-5274729c7a08">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this. : What's that from? I recognize it. ETA: As for the thread troll... Meh. It's too late (early?) for this mess.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's from Harry Potter, of course! The first movie.

</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, maybe I pissed her off in another post or something. Maybe she doesn't appreciate being called the wicked witch of the west. Perhaps she is just pissed I am about to steal those ruby slippers.

Either way idc and she can eff off. Maybe Walgreens is still open, she can go buy herself a fresh pack of batteries and it would improve her attitude. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:96971c12-66d3-4972-9a39-4ea62b158ac2">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this. : <strong> Moms and maids are at least helping to plan a wedding and the students board is for engaged people who are also students, not just students in general, so that's irrelevant to your point.</strong> Obviously my post was not aimed toward fellow engaged people. No I don't think that married people should be on here, that is what the nest is for! But at least they can get their man to commit. And GreenPepperBurger, I don't lose. Just because someone admits that they're crazy, doesn't make them any less.
    Posted by CantWate2BWed[/QUOTE]

Who's to say that girls on here aren't helping to plan a wedding? I know at least one girl is. Are we supposed to stay on one board?

I...

You know what? No. No, I'm done with you. This is what you want, so I'm just going to ignore you. I'm really tired of trying to argue with someone as small minded and as petty as you.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:067f24a3-26a0-425b-ba91-b7b3f7d56453">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this. : It's from Harry Potter, of course! The first movie.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Duh! I think I recognized it from the computer game though... that's what was throwing me off.
    Anniversary
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:d374a296-399d-43d7-bd3e-1d0e560e1198">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, maybe I pissed her off in another post or something. Maybe she doesn't appreciate being called the wicked witch of the west. Perhaps she is just pissed I am about to steal those ruby slippers.<strong> </strong>Either way idc and she can eff off.<strong> Maybe Walgreens is still open, she can go buy herself a fresh pack of batteries and it would improve her attitude. 
    </strong>Posted by SeaTea02[/QUOTE]

FTW!!!

I agree with GPB - It's because you're hot and she/he is jealous.

And... your pictures are continuing to crack me up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:d374a296-399d-43d7-bd3e-1d0e560e1198">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, maybe I pissed her off in another post or something. Maybe she doesn't appreciate being called the wicked witch of the west. Perhaps she is just pissed I am about to steal those ruby slippers. Either way idc and she can eff off. <strong>Maybe Walgreens is still open, she can go buy herself a fresh pack of batteries and it would improve her attitude. </strong>
    Posted by SeaTea02[/QUOTE]

<div>BAHAHAHAHA!  SeaTea, I love you!  </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, you're seriously dumber than a pile of stones.  GL with that.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah! The troll noticed my dirty laundry thread! I'm listening to my favorite songs playlist (i.e. songs I have always liked that might or might not be played during my distant future hypothetical wedding) right now, BTW. 

To me, being on The Knot while NEY is the same as looking at fancy houses on Apartment Therapy, filling up my cart with clothes I can't afford at JCrew, and checking airlines prices to Japan. Maybe all of those things are a little BSC, but it's sure fun to day dream.
  • edited December 2011
    so much of what we talk about on here isn't wedding related at all. bully troll.
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:4a6a9663-580f-46f8-a8dd-3b6e60b0a4ea">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE] filling up my cart with clothes I can't afford at JCrew, Posted by laurenann82[/QUOTE]

I hope you put that sh*t back! I've heard there's a special level of hell for retail sins.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:86fefe91-9687-4980-b705-3fe61b230255">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this. : I hope you put that sh*t back! I've heard there's a special level of hell for retail sins.
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>Oops, I meant online! The cart on the website! I know for a sure fact that people who work retail HAAAAATE shoppers who shove the stuff they don't want wherever they damn well please. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh, retail. My first job when I was 16 was working in the lingerie department of a pretty big department store. I hated it. I used to get the biggest bra I could find--I think the winner was a 34H--and wear it on my head as a hat.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:a0952b04-3f65-4f47-aad9-edff2c2530cb">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh, retail. My first job when I was 16 was working in the lingerie department of a pretty big department store. I hated it. I used to get the biggest bra I could find--I think the winner was a 34H--and wear it on my head as a hat.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I'm sure you escaped the customers that way- I would be a little too weirded out to ask you for help with a big bra on your head...
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This thread is all kinds of amusement

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I only lasted three weeks. I asked to go to the bathroom and never came back.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm new here, but to me, this place is kind of like 'alcoholics anonymous' for those of us excited about planning a wedding but are NEY. How many conversations start out in talking someone down from planning, and end up being about food, or monkeys... So to me, Ms. Wate is like someone who storms into an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and screams 'You're all alcoholics, why don't you go home and not drink!' We're trying, ok? Give us a break.

PS - When she storms in, she has a 40 of Olde English in her hand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:af890f59-886c-4e84-8c60-809780f06179">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I'm new here, but to me, this place is kind of like 'alcoholics anonymous' for those of us excited about planning a wedding but are NEY. How many conversations start out in talking someone down from planning, and end up being about food, or monkeys... So to me, Ms. Wate is like someone who storms into an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and screams 'You're all alcoholics, why don't you go home and not drink!' We're trying, ok? Give us a break. PS - When she storms in, she has a 40 of Olde English in her hand.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Tiger, you made me LOL. :) I think that's kind of true!

[QUOTE]Yeah! The troll noticed my dirty laundry thread! I'm listening to my favorite songs playlist (i.e. songs I have always liked that might or might not be played during my distant future hypothetical wedding) right now, BTW.  To me, being on The Knot while NEY is the same as looking at fancy houses on Apartment Therapy, filling up my cart with clothes I can't afford at JCrew, and checking airlines prices to Japan. Maybe all of those things are a little BSC, but it's sure fun to day dream.
    Posted by laurenann82[/QUOTE]

Dreaming is important. I agree.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wate, my BF is perfectly fine with me being on this website.  However, if he sees me on it, he drags me from the boards to search for the 'perfect' tux.

How does your FI feel about marrying a judgmental, moody, snotty, shit-stirring biitch?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I want OP to come back and play. *cries*
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you feel better now, Wate?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:af890f59-886c-4e84-8c60-809780f06179">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I'm new here, but to me, this place is kind of like 'alcoholics anonymous' for those of us excited about planning a wedding but are NEY. How many conversations start out in talking someone down from planning, and end up being about food, or monkeys... So to me, <strong>Ms. Wate is like someone who storms into an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and screams 'You're all alcoholics, why don't you go home and not drink!' We're trying, ok? Give us a break. PS - When she storms in, she has a 40 of Olde English in her hand.
    </strong>Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

This is funny...

However, I think in the beginning some of the girls came here as one of those people who was sooo super excited about planning a wedding but bummed that we weren't engaged and sought to relieve our frustration...Many of us were knocked off the ledge by the OG... and the longer we stayed here the more we evolved into a group of girls that enjoys having non-wedding related discussions with each other, values each others advice on a variety of situations and pass the time by making each other laugh...

So, obviously, OP, you haven't lurked here long enough and you are singling out threads that were either a) posted by newbies who were flamed or b) momentarily BSC posts from regs that were easily talked down by other understanding regs or knocked down by the more blunt regs...

I'm willing to bet that you are one of the newbies who was flamed and couldn't handle it because you are, in fact, insecure in your own relationship and as an individual... 
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I knew I should have signed on this morning when I couldn't go back to sleep at 4 am.  I missed the good parts!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] To me, being on The Knot while NEY is the same as looking at fancy houses on Apartment Therapy, filling up my cart with clothes I can't afford at JCrew, and checking airlines prices to Japan. Maybe all of those things are a little BSC, but it's sure fun to day dream.
    Posted by laurenann82[/QUOTE]

<strong>Exactly how I feel, thanks for putting it into words.

</strong>"How does your FI feel about marrying a judgmental, moody, snotty, shit-stirring biitch? "

<strong>Umm, yeah, I second this.</strong>

<strong>As for the OP, I read my BF your post and he thinks you're a dumbaass. I know it's cold out and everything, but your frigid-biitch is showing.</strong>
    <strong>
    </strong>
  • edited December 2011
    When I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:ee5135eb-437e-4da3-918f-cadaf7ff5716">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

<div>ROFL.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Man I missed all the fun on this one.

I agree that people should not pre-plan their wedding but just because there are girls who are not engaged on this site does not mean that is what they are doing. As for the ones who are, they are flamed for it when they post here.

I think OP should get off her high horse for a bit. Being engaged does not make you or your relationship any better or more meaningful then those girls who are not engaged and their relationships. OP should stop acting all high and mighty because they type of attitude really is not attractive.

As for SeaTea, she is doing a nice thing for her parents by taking that venue. She is pretty much giving up having the wedding she wants so that she can help out her parents. I'm pretty sure that if her sister's wedding was not cancelled she would not have a venue right now. She only has one out of circumstance.

OP, please go away and stay away. I do not want the non engaged girls to think all of us engaged girls are as self righteous as you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:ae5e8303-56ee-4666-b213-880a94eae51e">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]SeaTea, you said you won't purchase until a year and a half out. That's YOUR wedding. From some other searching I did, it appears that you also have booked your venue and have a budget. Yet your boyfriend still won't propose... hmmm. Wonder why! What about this trainwreck of a thread from last month? I don't think that the only conversations here are about side dishes. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dirty-laundry_.0" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dirty-laundry_.0</a>
    Posted by CantWate2BWed[/QUOTE]

I didn't even bother reading through the rest of the posts, so please excuse me if this has already been said but you need to back the fuuck up off Sea. Seriously, you're like a damn stalker, who does all that work just to come on here and post about it like they are the ruler of the Knot universe. If you're an AE then I am sincerely bothered by this post even more.

I cannot believe you actually managed to pull off that fake pregnancy for an engagement, idea. You are good. Logically, no man would ever marry you because you're a huge bitch with too much time on their hands. Surprise ice rink wedding much.

Bitch. (sorry that was just for extra emphasis, I'm hormonal.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-lurker-but-made-account-say-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f59c8c2-7f97-4a2b-a0c7-b3a0ca9e5bd2Post:ea1ae0ad-d256-4de2-ba10-cf8055499d60">Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a lurker, but I made an account to say this. : I didn't even bother reading through the rest of the posts, so please excuse me if this has already been said but you need to back the fuuck up off Sea. Seriously, you're like a damn stalker, who does all that work just to come on here and post about it like they are the ruler of the Knot universe. If you're an AE then I am sincerely bothered by this post even more. <strong>I cannot believe you actually managed to pull off that fake pregnancy for an engagement, idea. </strong>You are good. Logically, no man would ever marry you because you're a huge bitch with too much time on their hands. Surprise ice rink wedding much. Bitch. (sorry that was just for extra emphasis, I'm hormonal.)
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

LOL, no Narwhal.

I was just assuming she probably faked a pregnancy to get her man to commit. It's obviously going to be a problem when she does not actually have the baby but she can work that out later.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards