Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for FFF?

Re: Is it too early for FFF?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:08f5b6f6-ca49-4b78-a013-76c2750ae3d7">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Thankfully I have made it to this point in my life without hearing that song. Or the Christmas shoes one. These are things I should be thankful for when I am walking to work in the snow. At least I don't have to listen to this shiit on the radio.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

These are the things where I think to myself "ok, so I don't have cheddar cheese or Pandora, but I also don't have to deal with this crap...expat life is alright after all."
  • I love that SAHM's CHOOSE that as their profession and then complain like they're locked in a cellar all day.  Get over yourselves. 
  • Ugh you are lucky. We can't get away from the Biebs here. It's awful. It's like they have a home-town boy quota to fill and all they can find are him and Drake.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:c3450e5d-177e-45f5-af2b-f65344fdf4eb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that SAHM's CHOOSE that as their profession and then complain like they're locked in a cellar all day.  Get over yourselves. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Can it really be called a "profession"? Just asking.
  • Salt, that is horrendous but I can't stop laughing at the photo shopped sporting equipment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:7b109b18-371b-4bd0-b1f0-59d56af582e9">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh you are lucky. We can't get away from the Biebs here. It's awful. It's like they have a home-town boy quota to fill and all they can find are him and Drake.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Well, they ARE required to play a certain amount of Canadian music on the radio each hour. I'm pretty sure if I have to listen to Lights anymore I'm going to go on a shooting rampage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:965d45d6-0ee8-4480-8094-47616f4b40bb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed with the SAHM comment.  If she had 7 kids, I might feel a little for her, but she doesn't. She has one little boy. And she mommy blogs all.day.long.  I'm not entirely sure why I'm still FB friends with her, to be honest.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Well really...most people take time off to spend with their family. 

I understand being a SAHM is a full time job, but it's one I'm planning on having when the time comes, and *maybe* my naive mind just understand why it's such a "hardship".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:965d45d6-0ee8-4480-8094-47616f4b40bb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed with the SAHM comment.  If she had 7 kids, I might feel a little for her, but she doesn't. She has one little boy. And she mommy blogs all.day.long.  I'm not entirely sure why I'm still FB friends with her, to be honest.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

My cousin is a SAHM and updates facebook like 65496789541684  times a day. I REALLY don't care that little Sammy made it through the day without pooping himself!

She also feels the need to comment on every single status or picture I post.
  • They're making a 3D movie about Bieber.  Because that's what our society needs.  A 17 foot tall Bieber flying at our faces in the movie theater.  Then we wonder why we're trending towards stupid.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:965d45d6-0ee8-4480-8094-47616f4b40bb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

I judge SAHM's that are constantly on the computer.  You can't be working any harder then I am at my desk at work right now.  Sure I stop everyone once in a while to answer a phone call - just like you're stop to change your kids diaper or tv channel.  How often do any of you see me on the weekend.....at night or during the days I take off to take J to school?  Maybe a random fly by.  Priorties mommies - priorities. 
  • I kind of have Bieber Fever. Not gonna lie. and he was just SO CUTE on the Baba Wawa special!

And yeah, the SAHM mom drives me nuts. I get that it's hard, and I totally respect what they do, but there are people who work and still have to get all the stuff done that YOU get done, ya know? My mom was a SAHM and I know how hard she worked, but homegirl never once complained about it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:245a5325-c68b-4cda-b151-7e63ad6c0309">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stacks--you can count me in for the E mob too.  I'm glad everyone's okay and that everything works out for you guys, and not so much for the crazy folk. Can I flame a non-board person too?  I just saw this status update on my FB: <strong>"Wishing I got a week's vacation over Christmas time. Alas, there is no time off for SAHMs."</strong> *Vomit*
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

...seriously? I'm not a mom - I don't pretend to be. But working moms have it WAY harder! Who does all the stuff a SAHM gets to do while her kid naps for a working mom!?

I kinda flame SAHMs who are SAHMs once their kids are in school. I get it when they're younger and not school age but if you're just going to sit at home all day and not be taking care of a kid, you should be volunteering or *gasp* working, even if it's only PT. That's probably an UO though. And I probably only think this because I could never be a SAHM lol - I'd go CRAZY.
  • Oh yea we get a lot of Drake airtime here.

Lights..not so much actually.

Our Canadian quota is definitely Nickelback, Drake, and Bryan Adams.
  • I need to calm down because soon I'm going to be singing.

I WHIP MY NECK BACK AND FORTH

I WHIP  MY NECK BACK AND FORTH.

I feel like I'm reverting back to 19 year old ghetto. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:965d45d6-0ee8-4480-8094-47616f4b40bb">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

I have a friend like this too.  The other day she had a sore throat and was all "oh no sick days for me!  Ugh now I have to entertain a 6 month old with a sore throat."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nugget -
    I saw that preview when I went to see a 3-D movie recently, and I was like "Ooooohhhhh god no!  My eyes!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:aeb26210-c794-4845-9178-084f58129f28">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Well, they ARE required to play a certain amount of Canadian music on the radio each hour. I'm pretty sure if I have to listen to Lights anymore I'm going to go on a shooting rampage.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

OMG they play SO much Lights. It drives me mental. It wouldn't be bad stuff if it wasn't every other damn song that came on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:3c2f432f-ceda-4b79-8dac-f14ff5cc6688">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : I have a friend like this too.  The other day she had a sore throat and was all "oh no sick days for me!  Ugh now I have to entertain a 6 month old with a sore throat."
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

What the hell was she planning do? Sing it songs all day?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:a5309ef5-7cd8-4e46-b09e-b9ebd26882e1">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Can it really be called a "profession"? Just asking.

True story it sure can't.
  • In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF?:
    [QUOTE]I kind of have Bieber Fever. Not gonna lie. and he was just SO CUTE on the Baba Wawa special! And yeah, the SAHM mom drives me nuts. I get that it's hard, and I totally respect what they do, but there are people who work and still have to get all the stuff done that YOU get done, ya know? My mom was a SAHM and I know how hard she worked, but homegirl never once complained about it.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

You are dead to me.  DEAD TO ME.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:3c2f432f-ceda-4b79-8dac-f14ff5cc6688">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : I have a friend like this too.  The other day she had a sore throat and was all "oh no sick days for me!  Ugh now I have to entertain a 6 month old with a sore throat."
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

Because 6 month olds are so hard to entertain :::eye roll:::

I'd also like to flame Smilygrl from the post above for saying "I know that it's wrong to invite people to pre-wedding parties and not the wedding, but thought that it might be ok for meeeee to do it".
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:92ff0941-c562-4553-955e-eb1c952cbc86">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : OMG they play SO much Lights. It drives me mental. It wouldn't be bad stuff if it wasn't every other damn song that came on.

Exactly. That, combined with half my friends being OBSESSED with her and playing it all the time makes me bonkers. I'd probably like her music if I only heard it once in a while.
  • I'm going to lunch. If we're still talking about Bieber and Willow Mini-Will Smith when I get back, I'm jumping off a bulding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:79ac95d3-cf58-481f-806c-f0c69f3d7d23">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : ...seriously? I'm not a mom - I don't pretend to be. But working moms have it WAY harder! Who does all the stuff a SAHM gets to do while her kid naps for a working mom!? I kinda flame SAHMs who are SAHMs once their kids are in school. I get it when they're younger and not school age but if you're just going to sit at home all day and not be taking care of a kid, you should be volunteering or *gasp* working, even if it's only PT. That's probably an UO though. And I probably only think this because I could never be a SAHM lol - I'd go CRAZY.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I think sometimes it might even be better for the kids if they mom has something else to do besides just interfere with their kid's life.
  • My mom saw Justin Bieber in concert last night. She took her boyfriend's daughter. She texted me from there to tell me that she thinks he has a vagina.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:7ce1574c-63ba-4ed1-99a3-5c419df737e0">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're making a 3D movie about Bieber.  Because that's what our society needs.  A 17 foot tall Bieber flying at our faces in the movie theater.  Then we wonder why we're trending towards stupid.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

This frightens me more than a little. It's time like this that I don't mind not being able to see 3D movies. I would probably cry.
  • In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF?:
    [QUOTE]I kind of have Bieber Fever. Not gonna lie. and he was just SO CUTE on the Baba Wawa special! And yeah, the SAHM mom drives me nuts. I get that it's hard, and I totally respect what they do, but there are people who work and still have to get all the stuff done that YOU get done, ya know? My mom was a SAHM and I know how hard she worked, but homegirl never once complained about it.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

My FI LOVES the Beebs.

It's creepy, and hilarious, and ridiculous all at the same time.
  • I'll join you in that jump, Georgia!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • And I now flame Angie#s from the post above for telling Sara to stop being rude.  Because Sara told the OP that sentences start with a capital letter.  FFS.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9a2b4657-d97a-43bd-8c2c-def4fbb6c289">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I could never be a SAHM or a SAHW. Not because I think it's any more difficult than any other job, but because I think being home that much would drive me completely insane. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Me too. I mean, once I have kids, my ideal situation (in my head at least--we'll see how well it works out) is to work part-time until they start school.  But I don't think I could not work at all. I was a part-time nanny in college, and I loved it and the little girl I took care of, but when I got home, I was all "talk to me! I need adult conversation!" to my roommates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards