March 2012 Weddings

Considering Renting a Large home for the week.

Our wedding (march17,2012) will be a small affair. Around 50 guests, including some close out of towners. We are thinking of renting a large home (sleeping 10-12) and staging the wedding and reception in the home. or since I live in FL renting a home on the beach, doing a beach wedding and reception inside. It would be extremely cost efficient. Even high end homes are around 2500/week.  This would give us a day or two to decorate. A day to receive any out of town guests. A day for the wedding. And a couple days of relaxation for the hubby and I :)

Anyone ever attend an event like this? Any website suggestions?

Ashlee

Re: Considering Renting a Large home for the week.

• My only suggestion is that whichever home you decide to rent make sure you can hold a wedding reception there, if that's what you want to do after the ceremony. Some renters do not want that, while others could care less. Also if you decide to caterer it, make sure the caterer is okay with working at a home.

I have never attended an event like this, but I thought about doing it also and in the end decided against it (for no other reason except I want to marry in Jamaica). No website suggestions except you can try vrbo.com for rentals.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Sounds like a great idea but make sure your rentor is ok with the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That sounds like a lot of fun. Just check your State if you need a liqour license even though the reception is in a rental. Sometimes that is needed with a bigger party.

That is also a good way to house your out of towners and they won't have to spend a bundle to attend your wedding.
  • That would be so fun :o) congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards