Not Engaged Yet

What's your favorite flower?

I've never been a rose kind of girl. I love lillies...any color.

So what are your favorite flowers?
Does your SO get you flowers?
Are you against receiving flowers?
Do you prefer real or fake?

I have recently gotten into plants (since I can't have any furbabies just yet), but we don't get a lot of sunlight, so I've decided to supplement with some fake flowers and actually really like them. I've received flowers from a few exes, but BF hasn't ever gotten me flowers. I think he thinks it's kind of cliche and they will die soon, so why do it. I don't mind not getting flowers, but I wouldn't turn them down either. I'd much rather have something he made me though.
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: What's your favorite flower?

• IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Orchids or tiger lillies or jasmine
    Nope. I don't like flowers
     Most of the time. A client bought me flowers as a thank you, and my boss and his wife got me flowers for my birthday, but from BF?? I don't like them. If he's gonna spend money, spend it on something that doesn't die
    Both. I like flowers around my house...moreso plants, so that there's a little bit of color, but with my schedule, I forget to water, so I'm probably gonna switch to fake
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liv: I just got some fake sunflowers with some orangeish/yellowish leaves and some redish berries that I put together for our bathroom and I really love how they look. I wish they were real, but they work for now.

Irish: I have cactus plants mostly in our apartment. They basically tell you to leave them alone and don't need direct sunlight, so it's hard to kill them, lol. Mostly we have aloe plants, which is also a plus if we have a burn, wart, or cut too.
    -Ely

• edited December 2011
    My absolute favorite flowers are lilacs, but those aren't exactly easy to get. If FI would get me flowers it would usually be Lillies, which I like also, but now that we have a cat no more lillies =(

Sometimes. I think that the a bit of a waste of money and FI knows that, but it is still super nice. Especially because when he does give me them it is random, not just because it's a special occasion.

Not against it, just don't think it's super necessary all the time.

Real is expensive, but fake just looks bad I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm lame... I LOVE roses, I love the smell and the look. I prefer unique colors though. I also really like anything with layered petals like carnations and peonies.

I also really like anything with layered petals like peonies or carnations.

On occasion, if its a bday etc he gets me roses and if its a random thing its either one rose or some carnations :)

First time I visited him in Kansas, he got me hot pink roses with one like this. It was so different and cool he couldn't pass it up.

No, I love them... I do not car if they day. I will fill my future home with flowers weekly!

Real, this may be rude but, I think fake flowers are tacky. Mostly because of the ones old people always seem to have and the fact that that they get dusty... YUCK
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love roses. My mom has a whole side yard of rose bushes. I also like orchids.

Sometimes, but not often. I got an orchid plant for Valentine's day (unfortunately, I'm not good at growing orchids), and I got a multicolored rose arrangement delivered to my work for my birthday last year.

Nope. Flowers are A-ok by me.

I prefer real. Yes, they die, so I understand not paying for them too often, but real ones smell better. (That's also my argument for real Christmas trees.)
  • edited December 2011
    Because I've been thinking of flowers for my wedding, I'm really loving dahlias lately. And I've always loved gerber daisies.

Yes. When we first started dating (long distance) he had them sent to me all the time. Like one night, he got drunk and forgot to call me, and the next day I had a big bouquet of flowers sitting on my table. Now, I probably get them a couple times a year.

Nope, but I don't have to have them either.

Definitely real
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    So what are your favorite flowers? I like chrysanthemums and dahlias and gardenias.  Gardenias smell soooo good!  I want a gardenia bush for my front yard.  I like flowers that have big heads. 

Does your SO get you flowers?  Danish man gets me flowers on my birthday and our anniversary, and sometimes when he's at Trader Joes and they have gerber daisies he'll get be just because flowers.

Are you against receiving flowers? I like getting flowers once in a while I can usually keep them blooming for about two weeks.

Do you prefer real or fake? Sorry I can't handle fake flowers, my mom had some in the house when i was young and it just looked so awkward to me.
  • edited December 2011
    orange roses!
    he hasn't yet... lame. lol
    no, i love it :)
    real!

i also love lilacs and gardenia for their smell!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So what are your favorite flowers? Orchids, peonies, lilies, sunflowers.

Does your SO get you flowers? Occasionally.

Are you against receiving flowers? Definitely not! I love having flowers in the house but I know it doesn't make financial sense to have them all the time.

Do you prefer real or fake? Real. I don't see the point of fake flowers.

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-favorite-flower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3c62146c-634d-4784-88e9-886b485a3096Post:82be2a67-3196-49ee-aca5-a5ffc00300d2">What's your favorite flower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been a rose kind of girl. I love lillies...any color.   So what are your favorite flowers? Does your SO get you flowers? Are you against receiving flowers? Do you prefer real or fake?
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

I love peonies, hydrangeas, baby's breath, irises, and lilies.  I actually like pretty much all flowers, but those were the first ones I thought of.

He gets me flowers occasionally... maybe twice a year.  Once when I had been out of town for work, I came home to find a small bouquet and a box of oreos on my bed.  That made my day.

I'm not against receiving them.  I view it as the visual equivalent of dessert.  Yes, it's a temporary pleasure that I can definitely live without and shouldn't buy all the time, but it's worth it occasionally.

I don't understand fake flowers.  I really just don't see the point.  If you don't want real ones, just don't get any.  It's not like you <em>have</em> to have some sort of flowers...
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love peonies, but I hate that they don't last long indoors. :( All the pictures you ladies have posted of them made me smile. I also like sunflowers in the fall. They just seem so happy! I almost bought myself some at the grocery store today. I also like lilacs. And roses... and gerbers...

Pretty rarely. He has on a couple of occasions, but he's not very outwardly romantic.

I love receiving flowers. They brighten my day, and I love having them in a vase to look at :)

I much prefer real, although I've seen some good fakes.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    What are your favorite flowers?
    Carnations and Gerber daisies. Carnations because they are so simple and elegant, and they remind me of my dad. Gerber daisies because they are big and bright and come in so many different colors.

On my birthday, on Valentine's Day and whenever he screws up and wants to apologize.

Not at all! I love getting flowers! Sometimes if I see a pretty bouquet in the supermarket I pick it up just because.

Real. Fakes look nice for a little bit, but usually they wind up as dust catchers.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have any. Is that wierd?

In four+ years he's gotten me flowers twice: he went out to get breakfast for us on our 2 year anniversary & came home with roses & he gave me flowers to throw me off right before he proposed :)

Not at all!  I wish he'd do it more!! 

Real because I love smelling them.

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What are your favorite flowers?
    I'm a tropical flower kind of girl, I love plumeria and orchids :)

I dont' think he's ever gotten me flowers.

Yes and no.  I mean, I like flowers and all, but I'd much rather go out to dinner or something.

Real. I like the smell :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love roses and star gazer lillies

He does, when we were first dating he would leave roses all over for me on my car at rehearsal in my mailbox at home at work.

Not at all

Real, no issue with fake flowers especially as a permanent arangement in a home.

Anniversary

• kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite flowers are lillies too, specifically tigerlilies.

BF got me a bouquet of yellow roses after my junior recital last year because he knew my favorite color. He also got me a dozen roses on Valentines day.

absolutely not! i love getting flowers from anyone, any kind :)

real, absolutely.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hydrangeas (love the blue color they can get), roses (they're associated with June, the month I was born), gardenias (my grandmother's favorite), calla lilies (love the look), tulips (so many cool varieties!), cherry blossoms...LOL I don't know how I'm going to settle on a bouquet when I get married. I love flowers and plants in general. I always take pictures of unusual plants when I'm traveling.

Twice so far, once on our second date (aww!) and once on our 1-year anniversary. Red roses both times.

I probably should be, but I can't help it. I am a sappy girl and I melt when I get flowers.

Definitely real, though more so for plants than for just flowers. I'd love to have houseplants, but the cats eat them, knock them over and generally destroy them every time I try. DX I'll have to settle for just the little plant in my office.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • edited December 2011
    I love calla lillies because my grandmother used to grow a field of 100-200 of them in her back yard and she grew like 20-30 in my back yard as a child.  Plus they don't make me sneeze.

Once in a while he gets me alstromeria which I love slightly less than lillies and like lillies, they don't make me sneeze.

Not really, but I'd prefer chocolate

Real.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    My H wouldn't know a peony from a lily.

So my favorite flower is whatever he buys me. :) Usually roses.

I loooove when he buys me flowers!

Or getting flowers from just about anyone I know and like. Flowers from strangers would be totally creepy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-favorite-flower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3c62146c-634d-4784-88e9-886b485a3096Post:be0ef0d1-23c5-4723-bbd0-2064aff9d2f9">Re: What's your favorite flower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H wouldn't know a peony from a lily. So my favorite flower is whatever he buys me. :) Usually roses. I loooove when he buys me flowers! Or getting flowers from just about anyone I know and like. <strong>Flowers from strangers would be totally creepy.</strong>
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

**starts plotting anonymous flower deliveries to Desert**
  • duckymonkeyduckymonkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So what are your favorite flowers?I love orchids, lillies (especially tiger lillies), and roses Does your SO get you flowers?He does. Sometimes he'll just show up at my work with flowers... no reason... "just because"... and I'm the happiest woman on the planet when that happens. I love getting flowers on special occasions (Valentine's, birthday, etc)... but more than that, I love getting flowers just randomly... for no reason, other than because he loves me. :) 
    Are you against receiving flowers?Nope, quite the opposite. And as a matter of fact, I have this crazy idea that I want to give my BF flowers.... just once... because there's no rule saying guys can't get flowers.... and also so that he feels what I feel when he does that for me. Yeah... I'm weird like that. 
    Definitely real!
  • edited December 2011
    So what are your favorite flowers?My favorite flower was always daisy and I do still like them, but ever since my Mom passed away her favorite flower has become my new favorite.  It's pretty and always reminds me of her! 

The chrysanthemum...

I actually have a HUGE
    chrysanthemum (bigger than my stretched out hand) tattooed on my back in Moms favorite color on my back, along with some other things...

Does your SO get you flowers?Occasionally, every once in a great while he'll pick them up...he always gets at least one chrysanthemum even if he has to buy it in addition to a bouquet that doesn't include one because he knows that it will make me smile! :)

Are you against receiving flowers?No, but I have always said I don't like roses, think that paying a ton of money to have flowers sent is silly, and prefer not to get them for holidays such as Valentines day, Sweetest Day, etc.  No reason flowers are the best!   My favorite "bouquet" ever received was when BF sent me an edible arrangement of fruit dipped in dark chocolate!  YUM!

Real, for sure.  However, I do have 2 chrysanthemum's that look very real in a vase in my living room...so many people have thought they were real.  I love them! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    *blinks*

Dwest, is that really you?

I don't think you know me that well; I didn't get really active around here until after you left, but can you update us on your life, please?  How are you doing?
  • edited December 2011
    1. Peonies
    2. He has only once. First month of dating, he had screwed up big time and I threw them back at him. Wonder why I never got any more? Ha.
    3. No. But I understand why I don't.
    4. Real, all the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards