Christian Weddings

XP:Moving

In two weeks I am moving into my new apartment.   I am really excited!  I hate moving so I am interested in making this as hassle free as possible.  So tell me:
1. First things to unpack?
2. Which rooms are most important to get set up first?  (I only have 4; bedroom, living room, kitchen & bathroom)
3. What was the first meal you made in your new place?
4. What would you use for a makeshift table?

5. Best drink to drink while unpacking?

I am so excited; I am coming back to America in a week! 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: XP:Moving

• 1.  Towels.  Easy, so you feel productive, and you can just put them under the sink, so it's not like you have to have your dresser set up, or hangers or anything else.

2.  I'd say bathroom is probably most important to set up first.  You can sleep where-ever or get take-out, but when you gotta go, you gotta go!

3.  I have no idea what our first meal was.  Probably pasta.

4.  I didn't have a table in my apartment when I lived alone.  I used my desk.  Last night we had dinner at a friend's place, and we used a folding coffee table.

5.  I think all we had was some bottled water, courtesty of his parents!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Unpack the kitchen first, then the bathroom. And your sheets for your bed. Then unpack the rest and decorate last.
    I used my lap for a makeshift table, and the coffee table haha. Go to Ikea- they have coffee tables for $20! That's what I used!
    I personally think a big soda is nice, but I'm a soda girl. Water too of course!
    (As for meal, I can't remember!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pack a suitcase with the essentials like toiletries, toilet paper, anything you have to have your first day. You don't wand to be looking high and low for TP when the time comes! 

1. First things to unpack?

Whatever will help make you feel like you're at "home" and accomplished something. It'll be good motivation to get it all done. 

2. Which rooms are most important to get set up first?  (I only have 4; bedroom, living room, kitchen & bathroom)

For me the bedroom and the livingroom are the most important, but it's however you live. 

3. What was the first meal you made in your new place? 

I have no idea. Probably ordering pizza ;)

4. What would you use for a makeshift table?

Coffee table? You could get a card table too. We bought a scratched one at a furniture store for a really good deal.

5. Best drink to drink while unpacking?

Diet Coke! It's always my  go-to. 

PostCeremony-131.1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards