Washington-Seattle

Recessional song? HELP PLEASE

I want a kick ass song to start when we turn to our guests.
Our "funny" song for each other is AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long, but that has some unappropriate verbage (she told me to *** but I was already there)

Our ceremony music consists of Vitamin String Quartet's remakes of classic rock & 80's rock songs. So I want it to fit in, but I want it to be the actual rock song, not VSQ.

I am having the hardest time finding the "perfect" song. HELP

Re: Recessional song? HELP PLEASE

• edited December 2011
    PS I want it to be kinda like "hell ya, now lets party" lol
  • edited December 2011

Hmm... We played Angels and Airwaves the Adventure. Black Eye'd Peas tonight's going to be a good night would be a good one too. Are you looking for something more 80's butt rock? I will have to think about it. I will ask DH too. Our wedding was pretty 80's hair band heavy, so I am sure I can come up with something. It is hard to find something that isn't coated in sex though. Maybe Bon Jovi Living on a Prayer? Our entry song was Pour Some Sugar on Me. If I think of something really good I promise to page you.

imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_recessional-song-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:37f98b0c-3cbc-44a5-b3f9-d00c66064619Post:4c0d8117-df74-4305-9f1e-bd28aebf66ea">Re: Recessional song? HELP PLEASE</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Our wedding was pretty 80's hair band heavy, so I am sure I can come up with something. It is hard to find something that isn't coated in sex though. Maybe Bon Jovi Living on a Prayer? Our entry song was Pour Some Sugar on Me. If I think of something really good I promise to page you.
    Posted by karebear219[/QUOTE]

That's what we want "hair band heavy" :)
    FI doesn't like Bon Jovi :(
    Thank you!!!
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Walk This Way," Aerosmith?  The lyrics are dirty if you really listen, but you're walking...this way, right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poison-  Nothin but a Good Time or I Want Action ( a little naughty buty no bad words)

KISS- I was made for loving you OR Rock and Roll all Nite
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking about "Sweet Child of Mine" Guns n Roses... Could that work?
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, how about...

You Give Love A Bad Name or Livin on a Prayer (chorus) or I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi
    One Way or Another - Blondie
    It's the End of The World - R.E.M.
    Don't Stop Believin or Open Arms - Journey
    Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard ("Step in side, walk this way, you and me babe, hey hey!")
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    p.s. How can you not like Bon Jovi?  MAJOR party foul.
  • alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    warrent cherry pie ) My fav song ever

we wanted the smae vibe "okay lets party" so we are playing good night black eyed peas
  • edited December 2011
    These are all such great suggestions!! Thank you ladies! My Cousin suggested that we start You Shook Me All Night Long @ the corus to aviod the naughiness. What do you think?
    I really like the Poison suggestions- so fun! And Warrant! LOVE it! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do that, just because there is too much risk with the DJ playing it at the wrong part. I like Sweet Child of Mine as a suggestion. I also like Nothing but a good time.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    What about Scorpions No One Like You?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNUu7w-WpU
  • Sprite1102Sprite1102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We walked to "Clocks" by Cold Play - everyone loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    We used the Star Wars Theme Song. It's synonymous with 'epic journey' in my mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Jump" by Van Halen?
    "Tush" by ZZ Top?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards