Not Engaged Yet
Options

Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting)

Re: Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting)

• Options
    Desert, I don't have sound on my computer at work so I can't listen :(

I think if/when I get sick of my ring pick in my siggy I'm totallying putting up Britney's Poop Face. 

• Options
    This is fantastic. I never fail to miss the good stuff.
    Beanbots post was fantastic, and obviously csousa's. I re-LOLed everytime someone reposted it.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I miss having a job where I could check TK and spread the giggles out through the day!  HEHE!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friendly-ladies-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7dcd180d-484a-47f6-a439-d9c82c81041bPost:e566dab5-e7a3-490f-8cdd-b84824e4ef38">Re: Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I like Anime With regards to my other posts , I'm sorry, hope this helps clear up any issues[/QUOTE]
    Your kind is the reason I dropped East Asian studies as my major after three years of working like a champ. Anime ruined my life :|.

• Options
    BF officially thinks I'm nuts from all of the laughing this thread has caused.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Kaitlyn, it was even better but TK ate a ton of the posts :(

• Options
    I am SO deeply sad I missed this.
  • Options
    As someone who came on here initially being a little BSC, I can somewhat sympathize with the OP. But she should apologize, take a step back and read to get a feel for the boards and go from there. By the way, there its nothing wrong with lurking, cause quite honestly I do it sometimes myself.
    "Love is more than an emotion, it is a verb you must choose to do everyday." Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    I was like why is a thread from January 2012 being brought up and here is my answer.

Edit to Add: Sous, I fell in love with you all over again.
  • Options
    csousa1 said:
    In Response to Re: Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting):
    In Response to Re: Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting) : haha I'm worried about what people think of me now. kind of blundered in and made some mistakes.
    Posted by Edmqueen
    This is my interpretation of what you did here....

Imagine a Starbucks, where everyone in the neighborhood hangs out. You're driving by, and decide to walk in. You blast through the door yelling, "Farfetnuugen!!!!! Hey, you in the shark socks, get out. I LIKE SKITTLES!!!" And proceed to take a dump in the trash can next to the counter.

After twenty minutes of making mouth-farts when people ask who you are and how they can help you, you run out the door. Ten minutes later you return and loudly announce, "Dude I just walked into a Starbucks and there were some BITCHES up in there!!!!!!!!!!!!! WANNA BE MY FRANNNDDZ YOU GUYZZZ??????"

I suppose in some universe, the traumatized cafe-goers in that scenario could decide to attempt for a fifth time to get through to you and be friendly, but who could blame them for being a little gun-shy?

Now, tell us something about yourself. Do you like wine? Do you like Harry Potter? What is your favorite flavor of paste/glue?
    Hahahahahaha.  I love this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Aw you guyssss... I'm blushing
  • Options
    That was an epic moment in NEY history!

• Options
    I'm in an apartment full of boys and cannot for the life of me explain why I'm dying. I wish I would have been here earlier to experience this real time. Dear. Lord. Jesus.
  • Options
    audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I was reading through the first page and was like "man, what weird deja vu!" and then I saw Yaga's SN. 

What an incredible thread. <3 to you @csousa1. Way to stake a claim in NEY history. 

ETA: I guess the new layout transferred banned users over too? Because there's all of Yaga!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Ladies, I just have to say this is the most epic start to a Friday I've ever had. I am laughing so hard right now.
  • Options
    This thread is racist against sharks.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • Options
    Did I say sharks I meant socks.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • Options
    csousa1 said:
    In Response to Re: Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting):
    In Response to Re: Where are the friendly Ladies? (venting) : haha I'm worried about what people think of me now. kind of blundered in and made some mistakes.
    Posted by Edmqueen
    This is my interpretation of what you did here....

Imagine a Starbucks, where everyone in the neighborhood hangs out. You're driving by, and decide to walk in. You blast through the door yelling, "Farfetnuugen!!!!! Hey, you in the shark socks, get out. I LIKE SKITTLES!!!" And proceed to take a dump in the trash can next to the counter.

After twenty minutes of making mouth-farts when people ask who you are and how they can help you, you run out the door. Ten minutes later you return and loudly announce, "Dude I just walked into a Starbucks and there were some BITCHES up in there!!!!!!!!!!!!! WANNA BE MY FRANNNDDZ YOU GUYZZZ??????"

I suppose in some universe, the traumatized cafe-goers in that scenario could decide to attempt for a fifth time to get through to you and be friendly, but who could blame them for being a little gun-shy?

This has to be the most amazing analogy I have ever read on the internet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    Also, where exactly does one find sharksocks, because I want them. Now.

• Options
    @oceana919 - THESE are the ones I got for @peekaboo2011 for Secret Santa a few years ago. They have a couple others on the site it looks like. 

• Options
    You find them here: Link
  • Options
    You find them here: Link

I think I need those to wear around the house. Because nothing says "SEXAY" like gym shorts and sharksocks.

• Options
    Sure, but you're on your own finding those. I'm not Googling that today.
  • Options
    Man y'all are tough on this gal. I had this same prob on the bump last week. My Hun and I are pre-engaged, meaning we agreed its time to get engaged and have found a ring, but he is yet to propose, any time this summer, since I want a summer wedding, next year, summer 2014. Anyways, my Hun and I have been together for almost 8 years. And want to get pregnant soon after we are married. So I stopped BC and am getting budget planning ideas for that time. I went to the bump and asked some questions and got so many rude comments for being curious and asking lots of questions. I read books and research a lot, but wanted to know more straight from other ladies ttc or with babies on the mind. They gain up on observant and curious people. Not kind, not smart and not what I am used to.

Everyone on all these sites need to stick to kindness and support, stop with the "clique" and embrace the reason why message boards and lifestyle websites are created. To give everyone, everywhere a source of support that may not be obtainable elsewhere for many.
  • Options
    @MommyDreamin Are you asking for a re-do of what happened here last year? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@MommyDreamin Are you asking for a re-do of what happened here last year? 

Not too sure what you mean but if you mean to ask me if I noticed the dated of this post... Yes, I did, I wanted to post anyways... Haha lol :o) otherwise, if you mean, start another dumb, defensive argument, um no... Again just saying what I feel. But didn't realize anyone would actually pay attention, since its a late post.

I joined last summer thinking I was gunna marry this summer... But now I'm truly sporting a temp engagement ring (the one I want will take a hefty down payment for our budget, so I got a temp ring/almost look a like, for $615) and ready to really plan for summer 2014.

And if you mean none of that...
    Then yeah, not sure what you mean...

But hey, dont know many here yet, so nice to meet you tho!! :o) for reals
  • Options
    Omg I can't even think of a response. Are you engaged to be engaged?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

Dude, seriously? You just watched the mouth-farter leave Starbucks and walked in to say the same things.....

But OMG you got a pre-engagement engagement to be engaged to be married to be engaged to be TTC ring from Attila?? YOU ARE LIKE THE MOST LUCKIEST GIRL ON THE INTERWEBZ!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards