Snarky Brides

Angry Bride... Is this the place?

2»

Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:c8e9632a-ebee-45a3-bb99-9f96a57a1e40">Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get it. Nobody is experiencing what I am. Please stop saying I don't make sense. Perhaps the recent death of my mother has messed with my head. Perhaps being far away from friends has made me feel isolated. I cannot believe how compelled people are feeling to comment on my attempt to add some humor to my frustration. I am going back to Reddit. That's saying something.
    Posted by sadie4nne[/QUOTE]

The sympathy card.  It has been thrown.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:f3f02792-9bbf-4021-b478-b73e8ddac643">Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place? : The sympathy card.  It has been thrown.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Nice call. I thought I was outtie 5000 when I said that. But it's true, and I can't call or visit anybody and go "Ouch, my wedding hurts!" and I miss how she gave me a little credit when I was mad.

Oh and god forbid I try to say any of that on a message board. I don't need any "ohhhh sweetie hang in there" stuff. I just need some jaded people.
  • edited June 2012
    This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time, and I still have no idea what's going on.

ETA: OP, just saw the part about your mom dying - if that's for real, I'm so sorry, and I suppose it's not that funny anymore, sorry about that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:50b7cf19-c543-4a5a-9097-02baa5385675">Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time, and I still have no idea what's going on. ETA: OP, just saw the part about your mom dying - if that's for real, I'm so sorry, and I suppose it's not that funny anymore, sorry about that.
    Posted by 2012FutureMrsB[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'm with you.  I think this thread is hilarious.  Of course, if the OP's mom is dying, that part isn't funny, but the randomness and odd humor of the posts just makes me smile.
  • edited June 2012
    I love a good Suri Burn Book. (Wasn't that from DListed or Mollygood or something? Are you guys old school gossip blog readers?) I do think it is time for that book, yes. And user Dot Dash has it 100%. That's the dilemma. Plus living with my fiance's family, and helping plan his sister's wedding. That part's fine. His mom is trying to help by making our weddings the same. How helpful!? My mom did die last month, and she was the nice one. So there goes the family support. But don't worry, it's all still pretty funny. ETA When the wine kicks in you guys are all right. My wine I mean.
  • edited June 2012
    Hers is in Oct, Mine is in March. I have a lot longer of a timeline, but some urgent issues since we're broke. I have a place my dad booked (I can't account for how this estranged man who belittles me is paying for the venue. But it happened, I had reservations, I don't call him with questions unless I feel like being told how awful I've always been - boohoo) and I have a lot of planning to do... you know, when I'm able. But she doesn't understand. It's like the more she wants to kill two birds with one stone, the worse things get - especially since I'm MOH at the girl's wedding. She asks me when she wants help. I do not vent to her (The Bride) about her mom or my wedding. (Actually I did yesterday then found them whispering about it... They're good people, just really attached, and that's not my comfortable place...it makes me feel like there are spiders on me. My mom was lovely but would not be able to help much either, except give me a home team. I feel like a crappy maid of honor because no matter how hard I try, MIL turns the conversation to my wedding. I am the only one who feels weird about it.
  • I can jam a jaded pole up your ass.
    panther
  • I thought you came in here to talk about angry BIRDS. Oops.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:84c9b8f2-bd03-4918-b883-00e293cf07c7">Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love a good Suri Burn Book. (Wasn't that from DListed or Mollygood or something? Are you guys old school gossip blog readers?) I do think it is time for that book, yes. And user Dot Dash has it 100%. That's the dilemma. Plus living with my fiance's family, and helping plan his sister's wedding. That part's fine. His mom is trying to help by making our weddings the same. How helpful!? My mom did die last month, and she was the nice one. So there goes the family support. But don't worry, it's all still pretty funny. ETA <strong>When the wine kicks in you guys are all right. My wine I mean.</strong>
    Posted by sadie4nne[/QUOTE]

The more you drink, the funnier we are.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:98ed9017-7a79-4c36-9513-47a659e218d8">Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place? : The more you drink, the funnier we are.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Yeah I ran out of pills or it would have all been hunky dory.
  • You sound like you need therapy.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited June 2012
    Is that not what I'm here for? Therapy is laughing and feeling cameraderie. I did therapy a lot... My fiance is home now and I can sleep. That's also therapy. He's going to talk to his mom for me.... on his next day off. People be crazy.
  • Cuss10Cuss10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I totally get it!

Your wedding is supposed to be important to the family, and should be planned and discussed but at the same time it's not nearly as important as this event and you need to focus on that. Everybody is talking but no one is actually communicating. And these people that are supposed to be honored and care about you are bitcing and moaning about the extra things they volunteered to do.

I think this morphed from sympathy to my own wedding rant, so I'll cut it off here.

And just a thought, eloping can be nice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:ca844942-850c-4c72-b508-f892526bfc4d">Re:Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Angry Bride... Is this the place? : but you can't marmalade it!
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Or Jelly it...
  • If your friends / family are driving you nuts by judging your wedding I highly advise you not to have kids. Or have a good therapist lined up. Or learn the phrase "f*ck off"
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_angry-bride-is-this-the-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:94693b75-9376-4a77-9336-4f040e306320Post:8116ce19-594f-4533-aad3-43fd88735403">Re: Angry Bride... Is this the place?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally get it! Your wedding is supposed to be important to the family, and should be planned and discussed but at the same time it's not nearly as important as this event and you need to focus on that. Everybody is talking but no one is actually communicating. And these people that are supposed to be honored and care about you are bitcing and moaning about the extra things they volunteered to do. I think this morphed from sympathy to my own wedding rant, so I'll cut it off here. And just a thought, eloping can be nice.
    Posted by Cuss10[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I mean thanks for the insight and care, not for stopping. I'd be cool hearing your wedding rant too!
  • I feel your pain. You are having way more problems than I am (and I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother; that's a hard blow to take when your planning a wedding. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know what to do without my mom except run around like a chicken with my head cut off.) But I'm not very far into planning and I swear eloping in Vegas with an Elvis impersonator as an officiant is looking more and more appealing. Between dealing with stupid people, and bitching party members, and bitching guests who wanted to be party members, and offended family that I didn't invite because they haven't talked to me in ten years....I'm beginning to feel my own giant Can-O-Whoopass start to crack open a little. But enough with my rant, and back to you! I am sorry you're having issues with people. Just start walking around with a baseball bat and become bridezilla...THREATEN THEM INTO SUBMISSION.
  • I dont get any of this??? I am the only one???
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards