Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Obama's Speech

2»

Re: Obama's Speech

• Options

No, that doesnt' count. Sounds like you're both self sufficient. Paying for your own education? Who does that? *shakes fist angrily*

• Options
    Shelly, I love your H.

Jas, :P
  • Options
    I didn't watch the speech, so I can't comment on it unfortunately.  I have mixed feelings about Iraq, because I think that the minute we leave there we'll have to go right the f*ck back, because it will never be a stable democracy there.  I just don't see something like that ever happening.  So we're kind of between a rock and a hard place with that.  If we pull out, people will be bitching about how we left them high and dry and now everything has gone to hell.  If we stay, people will be bitching about how we've become an occupying force and we are trying to rule them by proxy.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:0ba70f2e-36fd-4a14-a78b-fd88f99923bf">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha.  I like the idea of us pulling out of Iraq, but I am nervous for the Iraqi people, is that a contradiction? I didn't want us going over there in the first place, I feel like we made a mess there.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

how did we make a mess there? we killed sadaam. seriously, that in and of itself is great.
    we've spent far too much money being over there. I think it's time to go.
  • Options
    @ Jas

See I just envisioned you screaming this in a very high pitched voice trying to tackle me with hugs.

Obama would not like me.  I'm kinda vocal about my opposition to his policies. 

In terms of Iraq, I'm just not sure what to do.  I'm not a military strategist so I don't claim to have better knowledge in that department.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:74805876-0e8a-47fa-9218-8ac4d3b2a95b">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]We made a mess quite a while back when we did some silly stuff, like giving weapons to the Taliban. I think we have done all we can to recitfy that and support Iraq. Now they need to work on their own stability. We will be there to support them, but they need to be the main players now.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

and, you know, this.
    I like you, jas.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:f1b9739e-bb92-4627-92ba-848fa9cfcab0">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama's Speech : <font color="#993366">how did we make a mess there? we killed sadaam. seriously, that in and of itself is great.</font> we've spent far too much money being over there. I think it's time to go.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

I"M AGREEING WITH LALA.  This made me want to hug you......
  • Options
    I wish I'd taped sadaam's execution. I'd watch it every christmas. I seriously hate that sonofabitch.
  • Options
    I am agreeing with Lala too, therefore Lala is a Republican now. :P j/k
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:f1b9739e-bb92-4627-92ba-848fa9cfcab0">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama's Speech : how did we make a mess there? we killed sadaam. seriously, that in and of itself is great. we've spent far too much money being over there. I think it's time to go.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

<div>We had no reason to go over there at that time. We just invaded.  I didn't think we should have gone over there in the first place.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:44ccf73d-bdb6-4001-a169-da1f01e41658">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am agreeing with Lala too, therefore Lala is a Republican now. :P j/k
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

We'll make LaLa a republican with our love.....ha ha we got you now!!
  • Options

Aprove I hope you are doing better <3 I have been meaning to text you but I keep forgetting to put your # in my phone.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:cd15b1a5-54e1-4f4f-a3f7-dbd567b46afe">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aprove I hope you are doing better <3 I have been meaning to text you but I keep forgetting to put your # in my phone.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Thank you love.  I've been writing you a long ass message but keep not finishing it because school is sucking out my soul.  I'm doing better.  I'm probably being put on a less aggressive form of chemo....so I won't be as sick.  And the honeymoon thing has worked out....I'm not going to get to take two mini moons (and see SarahSmiles!!) and then our regular honeymoon on my spring break. 

How has school been for you??  I bought a new suit this week and totally wished you were shopping with me!!
  • Options
    School is great. I am working on a communtiy nutrition project that involves low income children. It's really fun. I am jealous of your trip to see Sarah. You should come to NOLA :p

I would sooooo go shopping with you. I am glad you are feeling better!
  • Options
    When I was 6 I wanted to make a miniature bomb, call Saddam and send it through the phone for stealing all of my toys.

I think this is the best way we can get out of a sticky situation. Iraq gets to call the shots but has some support from troops still there. It's not exactly bringing all the troops home like people say, but it's close.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_obamas-speech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:14c58ff6-56e0-41ec-b1fe-430874719b7aPost:67dcab14-33de-425d-8aee-85695a150e07">Re: Obama's Speech</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama's Speech : We'll make LaLa a republican with our love.....ha ha we got you now!!
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]
    you'd be surprised, I'm not totally on one party. that's why I am not a huge fan of the two-party system. :)
  • Options
    i prefer to address people as liberal or conservative, since there is much cross over now in the two party system. 

i think the two party system will eventually die out since no one really picks a side.  there is too much trying to meet in the middle, adn as a result  you end up with very similar candidates.  thus, we now have so many elections with a near 50-50 split, and peopel voting for the "lesser of two evils" than the best candidate.
  • Options
    I get that back in the day, campaigning and making speeches was much harder than today, and so the two party system made sense more or less. now, it's unnecessary in my opinion. multiple parties can reach mass audiences without traveling of trains all over the place.
    does that make sense?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards