Second Weddings
Options

Lost - Wedding Dress Mojo

Kai, so here goes a vent, whine, perhaps a concern... I don't know but ever since I became a blogger for It's a Bride's Life (I'm Miss Resilient Bride) and designers were changed on me, and the boutique I need to go to is two hours away - I lost my dress mojo... I'm supposed to call an make an appointment to try on 6  or possibly 7 dresses...but I would rather hunt for my bridesmaids dresses and drive them crazy... Is there something wrong with me? My FI is concerned that it's because I don't want to get married or have the big (well for us) fancy wedding, it's not that. 

It's that I didn't like the abrupt change without notification the designer change was in my profile and NOTHING was mentioned to me until I wrote them an email about it and I was not consulted about the designer. 

I wasn't going to grouse here about it - but no one in my family understands why this would bother me.  They all think that I should be thrilled period.  It just really took the wind out of my sails and I can't seem to get it back.  I'm probably just being too sensitive about the whole thing and I just need to put my Nikes on and "Just Do It".

Thanks for letting me grouse... or whine... and yes I would like some cheese with that whine...

Re: Lost - Wedding Dress Mojo

• Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry to hear about losing your dress mojo.  I think there are many who would feel as you do with the abrupt change.  Add to that having to make a day of it to drive two hours, try on dresses for an hour or so, then drive two hours back could definitely change a mood.  I'm guessing you had looked at the designer's line from the information originally given to you and already had some dresses in mind, possibly even found one you REALLY wanted.  Now they have been taken away.  While I'm sure you are very appreciative and still excited about the dress, don't be too hard on yourself and not just jumping tracks and going with the flow.  Others might be just seeing as you get a free dress, but you see it as YOUR gown.  Hang in there and I hope things work out and you are happy with the change after all.  Go shopping for the BM dresses and make them wait!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can understand your predicament... On one hand you feel the need to feel - OH YEAH, I AM A BLOGGER and I WON A DRESS!!!!!!  And on the other hand is the reality of, I am a blogger... I won a dress... and this is hard work....

If it means anything at all, know that even those without a designer change are feeling the same way that you are.  It took me FOREVER to get enough steam to go an look for a wedding dress.  I was caught up in being an older, 2nd time, bride.  I would set foot in a bridal shop and let the excitement of 1st time brides sweep me away.  If I knew I had to travel two hours to do so... well.... I still might be looking for a new dress...

My suggestion is that you lace up your Nikes and hit the ground running.  Out there, somewhere, is the dress of your dreams.  The one.  It will be breathtaking and all that you wanted it to be.  Finding it is just the journey.  I wish you a very happy journey! 

And of course, WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people deal with change better than others. Some need to be eased into change for it to be less stressful, some are OK with abrupt changes. It's in our makeup, and no need to feel bad about which type you are.

If you watch David Tutera's Wedding show on tv, he goes in and gives someone their vision, and most often changes their dress. Three weeks before the wedding. Now to me THAT would be stressful, LOL.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. My thought is that when a door closes, a window opens. Most times change ends up being better than you ever expected. A bride on my local board found out a month ago that the venue she was having her wedding this October was closing.........eek! Talk about stressful! But, in the end, she found out that a local, much more elegant, desirable, and well known  facility, was willing to work with her budget and she's still "on" for the same day.

Good luck.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

arv266 - Thank you and you nailed it, at first I was so excited about this new adventure - but since the lack of organization and communication I'm not, I'm more disappointed to be representing them.   Plus there was a dress which due to changes is not part of their line up any more that could've been the one... I'll not know now.  So yes I'm disappointed, and that they didn't give me an option with regard to the other designers didn't make me very happy either.

Sue - I tend to roll with stuff pretty well, and usually see the glass has half full - this hasn't stressed me out just totally ruined my excitement. 

I will make the best of it, but it's tough for me to find the motivation to call and set up the appointment.  Here are my reasons: it's a day trip because the boutique (only one in my state who carries the "new" designer) is two hours or more away from home; I have to go totally prepared to be measured (shoes and all); I have to make a decision right then and there (I would prefer to look at the pictures of me in the gowns, show them to my mom and my ladies then decide from there); another day trip to pick it up once it comes in; then I have to find a local seamstress to do my alterations (I'm new to the area).  My mom and ladies live out of state.

I attempted to call them yesterday but had issues with the phones...today they are closed so I will try again tomorrow.

• Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing my wedding dress mojo dance RIGHT NOW to help you get your mojo back.

Do the dance with me, ladies!
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a setback, and a major one, so your mood is understandable.  Just be thankful it happened now, instead of 7 weeks before your wedding.  Call and schedule your appointment, and when you get there - take your time!  Try on all of them if you have to until you find "the one"!  Get a good night's sleep the night before - use a sleep aid if you have too - you dont want to try on dresses feeling/looking like a half baked zombie! 

I am sure it will all be OK.  Best of Luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards