Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Cake Feeding?

Disclaimer: I know this is a stupid question.

We're not smashing cake in each other's faces lol but here comes a stupid question .... are you all using forks or fingers to feed the cake to your husband?

I feel like forks would be more proper and better for pictures but fingers would be cuter and more romantic in my opinion.

What say you?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Feeding?

• It seems when people use forks that the cake falls off the fork often but when people use their fingers they actually do "feed" the other person the cake.
  • We used our fingers, and had napkins at the ready.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • We used our fingers, but we had cookie cake.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • We used forks ... we didn't really think about it, when it came time to cut the cake, we were just handed a plate with forks. I think if we weren't handed the forks, we would have used fingers ... it was really just an auto-pilot decision, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • We used forks.  Son and DIL used forks.  DD and SIL used fingers.  Hooray for you for not smashing cake.  If I were named wedding czar of the universe forbidding cake smashing would be one of my top ten decrees.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I am withTrix. 2 things I HATE at weddings - dollar dances and cake smashing. Hate them both.
  • lol I agree about the cake smashing. We're not doing it, I was just interested to know about the cake eating tradition and what other brides have done. I know it's a stupid question, but this is where my mind is going a month before the wedding lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used forks - no cake fell off.
    imageimageimage
  • we're using fingers, but absolutely no smashing...FI has be warned haha!
    imageAnniversary
  • We also used forks.  Never even thought about feeding him with my fingers. 
  • We'll use forks since I hate cake and want a small cheesecake as our 'cutting' cake.  Cheesecake is a bit messier to eat with fingers.
    Anniversary
  • i think i've only seen fingers used so i assume thats what we will do too, it also seems more intimate and weddingish to me...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh hmm, I've never thought of or noticed this at others' weddings before! I'd probably use forks but we'll see what they provide us with at the venue.
  • We used our fingers, but that wasn't a decision we made beforehand, since it's so insignificant.  We were given a plate, a knife to cut the cake, a server to put the piece of cake on the plate.  If there were forks, I didn't see them/use them.  I've actually never seen a couple use a fork.  That seems weird.

I really wouldn't be that concerned about your cake cutting photos.  Forks don't automatically equal sophistication nor does feeding each other with your fingers equal cute (i.e. - cake smashers)
  • We used fingers. We did a bit of the smashing as well, that is the fun part, right? But H didn't get any on my dress which was all I was worried about. We had lots of napkins ready and waiting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards