Canada-Ontario
Options

?? about this forum...

OKAY, I'll preface this by saying I'm new to TheKnot's Community Forum, so bare with me, as I really need help understanding the really confusing layout here!

1- When a new reply happens in a post, why doesn't the post pop up to the top?? so that you know someone has replied to your question, or just a reply in general occurred

2- How come no little icon pops up to tell you that you have a message! The only reason I know NOW that someone sent me a PM, is because I went to send another member a PM asking a question!

This isn't my first forum to be a member of, but it is the least user friendly one, so I'm thinking maybe I'm missing something, and one of you lovely ladies will be able to help me out :D

Re: ?? about this forum...

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a little checkbox to the right that says "sort by most recent post" - I unclick this, because that makes the newest CREATED post at the top, versus without it, the latest replies are at the top.

I know the no PM thing is annoying - I get in the habit of checking it daily because I'm a mod, but before that, I just checked it once a week.  Most people make a "you have a PM" post if they are waiting around for you to respond.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions - we are here to help! :)
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, it is annoying, and not the most user-friendly forum.  But Littlin has given you good suggestions!  It takes a bit to get used to, but there are lots of helpful brides on here and lots of good ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards