January 2012 Weddings

I didn't get the job

The principal called me today. She said that a middle school language arts teacher in her building requested a transfer to this position but now this creates an opening in language arts.  She asked me if I want to be considered for it. I said yes and I reminded her that I have three years experience teaching language arts. Then I asked her if I could get feedback from the interview. She put me on hold and grabbed my file. She said she liked my lesson plans very much and it is clear that I put a lot of thought into them and she liked my wording. She said having the children sing was a minor thing. She said that the essay that I graded was a 3, not a 5 like I thought and that is a red flag, but she liked all my comments throughout the essay.  (Thr rubric was a 1-6) She also said I presented myself well throughout the interview. I said I really hope I am a candidate for the language arts position and she just said she will keep my information. Then I thanked her and she said, "Have a great summer and maybe we'll be in touch in the future." That doesn't sound too promising.

I am very sad.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I didn't get the job

• I'm sorry to hear that. At least you found out right after the interview and did not have to wait a month to find out. Keep looking. We still have the WHOLE summer to get hired. I am sure we will both find something!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Thank you. I really hope I get something but it's not looking too good right now. I hope you have better luck then me.

Last night I got a Facebook message from a former co-worker saying she heard that a student teacher got the job in the district where I just applied. I asked her if it was the one I interviewed for and she said no, it was the language arts one. WTF? The principal just told me yesterday that it was going to be advertised and that I would be considered. I guess that was a lie. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's just not right. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_i-didnt-get-the-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:9f0072fa-4369-4eaa-b5f5-98c3aea0a6e2Post:fe9e78b6-a5c2-4b9f-98b0-323e5d54db76">Re: I didn't get the job</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's just not right. :(
    Posted by jtmh2012[/QUOTE]

<div>No, it's not. But what am I to do? I just have to deal with it and move on. I really hope another interview comes my way. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_i-didnt-get-the-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:9f0072fa-4369-4eaa-b5f5-98c3aea0a6e2Post:56437d04-d68b-41a2-a928-32b2570c3aca">Re: I didn't get the job</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I didn't get the job : No, it's not. But what am I to do? I just have to deal with it and move on. I really hope another interview comes my way. 
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards