Christian Weddings

NWR Poll: Social Media Belly Pics

What's your take on pregger belly pics? Cute? Annoying? Too much? 

I was inspired by a belly pic featuring mama in her bra and underwear scroll across my news feed... 
PostCeremony-131.1

Re: NWR Poll: Social Media Belly Pics

• SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think pregnancy is beautiful. I think showcasing your belly and your love for this child even before you've met them is beautiful. I think professional maternity pics are gorgeous when done tastefully and especially when they include the husband. I think some girls may do things in a more "trashy" kinda way- which even if you're hot with a 6 pack- we don't wanna see it... you know? But when they are done tastefully and in love for that child and the parents with each other I think they are beautiful.

There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-poll-social-media-belly-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:24b9507f-f85b-451f-9751-e9bb3f3ba88aPost:09fffb2d-cd9f-4b4c-82c1-c234c5f20ef1">Re: NWR Poll: Social Media Belly Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think pregnancy is beautiful. I think showcasing your belly and your love for this child even before you've met them is beautiful. I <strong>think professional maternity pics are gorgeous when done tastefully and especially when they include the husband. I think some girls may do things in a more "trashy" kinda way- which even if you're hot with a 6 pack- we don't wanna see it... you know? </strong>But when they are done tastefully and in love for that child and the parents with each other I think they are beautiful.
    Posted by SoonToBeGenao[/QUOTE<div>
    </div><div>I agree completely with this. I have thought about doing these when I am pregnant. I think they capture motherly love in a whole new light.

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    I can only speak for myself, but I know I will keep all of my pregnancy photos private (if there are any at all). I am not to keen on letting everyone see what's going on in my life via social media, and I will want those things to be kept between myself, my husband, our famlies and close friends. My cousin is pregnant and due in February, and she has not posted one thing about her pregnancy on Facebook or anything like that. I really admire her for that.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the person. I know people will want to see my bump, but I don't think I will be posting pictures and statuses all the time. 

I like covered belly for social media, maybe uncovered belly for us to see.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-poll-social-media-belly-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:24b9507f-f85b-451f-9751-e9bb3f3ba88aPost:e2a40973-4b38-4917-9fc4-79cb54851bdb">Re: NWR Poll: Social Media Belly Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like covered belly for social media, maybe uncovered belly for us to see.
    Posted by drama1308[/QUOTE]
    This.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I saw these pictures on Pinterest, and I really really like them/think they are in good
     taste

maternity portrait139 e1313779028590 Before and After
    imageAnniversary
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-poll-social-media-belly-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:24b9507f-f85b-451f-9751-e9bb3f3ba88aPost:e2a40973-4b38-4917-9fc4-79cb54851bdb">Re: NWR Poll: Social Media Belly Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I like covered belly for social media, maybe uncovered belly for us to see.
    Posted by drama1308[/QUOTE]

I agree with this :)
  • edited December 2011
    Those pics are cute! 

I'm not sure what I'll do. I for sure want to do the weekly ones for N and I to have, but I don't know that the entire world needs to see them. 

I will definitely have clothes on tho. ;) 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the first one drama posted is cute, but the uncovered ones are creepy, IMO.  I'm weirded out by pregnancy in general though, so I'm not really the best person to ask.

DH's aunt says a lady shouldn't be showing pictures of her exposed belly, whether its not pregnant in a bikini or a baby bump, to people outside the family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I'm weirded out by pregnancy in general though, so I'm not really the best person to ask.[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This. I don't ever want biological children, only adopted.

</div>
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if we wants kids but here's my $.02:

I don't mind uncovered tummy but I certainly don't want to see mama completely naked. It's fine if people want to take those pictures, but I don't want them on Facebook!

IF we decide to have babies I'm sure we'll take weekly pictures as well as some uncovered belly ones! However, I'll be choosy in deciding which ones are shared with everyone. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    For me personally, there is no way any pic like that is going on facebook.  They may not even get taken.  I don't mind seeing the clothed ones of other people, but they're not a necessary picture for me.
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL took one every 4-6 weeks or so where you could see the bump uncovered and I thought those were really cute. I thought it was a really cute way to see the progression. I will definitely be taking some like that, but if I did post some on social media sites it would only be every so often, not like once a week. Like others said, it needs to be done tastefully. I've seen a lot that are just too much. I wouldn't want to make others uncomfortable when they're looking at my pictures!

I love the first one drama posted! I've also seen a lot of really cute ones similar to that that I would have no problems posting on facebook. I love seeing how people are progressing in their pregnancy though, so I'm probably on the opposite extreme. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Now throw THIS into the mix! 

Same mama has decided to post pics every week after her baby is born to show her tummy shrinking again. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • edited December 2011
    I think pregnancy is beautiful and I think it is such an amazing thing and I definitely want maternity pics! BUT I'm not big on sharing stuff through social media, so I won't be posting my belly all over the place. I definitely want them for us and close family/friends to see... not everyone online. 

PS- The shrinking belly thing is a bit much for me, though. 
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If someone was posting pictures like that every week before and after the pregnancy, I'd hide them from my feed. Period, end of story.

I don't mind clothed pictures, but I only want to see them once or twice. Not. every. single. week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-poll-social-media-belly-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:24b9507f-f85b-451f-9751-e9bb3f3ba88aPost:63c0940b-299a-4ec1-a152-081ec8618c46">Re: NWR Poll: Social Media Belly Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]If someone was posting pictures like that every week before and after the pregnancy, I'd hide them from my feed. Period, end of story. I don't mind clothed pictures, but <strong>I only want to see them once or twice. Not. every. single. week.</strong>
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this Sarah. My friend took weekly pictures, but she didn't upload them every week, only when she had time. </div>
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I do not plan to put photos of me pregnant anywhere public. If I happen to get "Tagged" in photos while pregnant, thats fine. But I really don't need to remember it in a fashion all dolled up, or naked, or whatever. I guess I am one of those people that don't really like them in any way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards