Snarky Brides
Options

Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?

What are you all doing? Where is everybody?

We are having quinoa stuffed peppers. Except I just realized that I have a lot of stuffing left (and its been in the fridge for a week, which is like my limit) so I have no idea what I am going to do with that. I hate wasting food.

Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm here watching football. H is planning our trip to Florida in March. I'm really excited! I get to go to Disney World and Harry Potter World and SeaWorld and swim in the ocean somewhere where that water will be warmer than 45 degrees (like it was in Maine... talk about a shock to the system).
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Good evening. I'm sitting watching Pawn Stars waiting for H to get home. I planned to make spaghetti with a ground bison bolognese for dinner. But I'm contemplating being bad and asking H to take me out to dinner.
  • Options
    We are having perogies (with bacon, onion and sour cream) with some green beans for dinner. I feel a bit sick to my stomach so I dont know how much I am going to eat though.

Adam was just outside organizing recycling and I saw him fling his hand like he had something on it and all I heard (through the door) was *TING* - yup. His ring flew off his hand and hit something in our snow covered driveway area (towards the garage which we dont use). I made him go out with a flash light and search for it, he found it but I was still mad. This is why I get so mad at him for losing weight, hes skinny as it is and is only losing cause hes too lazy to make himself food - his ring is tungsten so it cant be sized to fit.
  • Options
    Good evening ladies.  I'm currently trying to figure out dinner myself, but we are very low on groceries, and I don't really want to run to the store tonight.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I worked the day shift and H is at the Pats game so I ordered a chicken verdichio to go.  It was yummy.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Put it in the freezer, Number!

We're having orange thai flank steak and salad, with a sweet potato for H.  Yum.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I just realized as I checked my FB feed that there was football going on. The emptiness here makes a little more sense.

Also, I am so jealous of pierogies, and Nebb, you make them just like I do. I get the pan all greasy with the bacon, saute the onions and then pan fry the pierogies in all that goodness. omg, it is one of my favourites meals. 
  • Options
    Nebb, frozen or homemade?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-nightwfdis-this-place-really-this-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1fb4a08f-1790-4d50-82c0-b0749e6d5d3cPost:6d0384e5-003a-44d9-babc-8249df3f3d8b">Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just realized as I checked my FB feed that there was football going on. The emptiness here makes a little more sense. Also, I am so jealous of pierogies, and Nebb, you make them just like I do. <strong>I get the pan all greasy with the bacon, saute the onions and then pan fry the pierogies in all that goodness.</strong> omg, it is one of my favourites meals. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]
    YES!! I had a pretty good work out today and didnt really eat much for lunch and breakfast (I know, stupid) so I figured why not.

Theyre frozen, im too lazy for home made lol
  • Options
    I make them exactly the same way Numbers described. I usually do frozen too. But once or twice a year I use my great-grandmothers recipe and make homemade. Granted a batch of home-made is big enough to freeze some too.
  • Options
    J&K - I did put it in the freezer - I figured it would be fine...also, were you calling me long winded in the GIS thread? ;) Because when I read it again I realized I totally was!

I do frozen pierogies too. I don't think I have ever even thought to make them from scratch.  I am a horrible Pole. Also, I used to put cajun seasonings on mine and bake them. This used to be my 'healthy alternative' back when I was really overweight and ate like crap and used to like to pretend that I ate healthy (not that they were all that bad for me - it was the fact that I would eat about 12 of them).  

I ate a very unhealthy (but so delicious) lunch, hence the healthier quinoa stuffed peppers and salad for dinner.

Nebb - did I hear you talking about You Gotta Eat Here in another thread?  My #1 favourite restaurant in my area is on the show!  (That's where we had lunch today).  I think the owner told me today that their episode is airing this week - it's called Stoney's Bread Company in Oakville.  I also emailed the show and gave them 9 more suggestions! Ha! I would love it if any of them ended up on the show!
  • Options
    Uuugh, a friend of mine just asked me for that tv show website I used to swear by - I told him the address but informed him that because of the whole megaupload shutdown I dont know how useful it is. It isnt, I looked and theres hardly anything on it. I hate that I now have basically NO way to watch fucking tv shows if I miss them. What a load of steaming BS.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-nightwfdis-this-place-really-this-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1fb4a08f-1790-4d50-82c0-b0749e6d5d3cPost:6395b488-d3f8-4eda-8529-da71acb63911">Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - I did put it in the freezer - I figured it would be fine...also, were you calling me long winded in the GIS thread? ;) Because when I read it again I realized I totally was! I do frozen pierogies too. I don't think I have ever even thought to make them from scratch.  I am a horrible Pole. Also, I used to put cajun seasonings on mine and bake them. This used to be my 'healthy alternative' back when I was really overweight and ate like crap and used to like to pretend that I ate healthy (not that they were all that bad for me - it was the fact that I would eat about 12 of them).   I ate a very unhealthy (but so delicious) lunch, hence the healthier quinoa stuffed peppers and salad for dinner. Nebb - did I hear you talking about You Gotta Eat Here in another thread?  My #1 favourite restaurant in my area is on the show!  (That's where we had lunch today).  I think the owner told me today that their episode is airing this week - it's called Stoney's Bread Company in Oakville.  I also emailed the show and gave them 9 more suggestions! Ha! I would love it if any of them ended up on the show!
    I totally put that place on my list of places to try out!! it looks so good. Im so excited about this show, its awesome to see local restaurants and learn about new ones.
  • Options
    Ha, no, I wasn't calling you long winded!  You gave an excellent, detailed response...but for someone that seems like a beginner, I thought it would be helpful to have the "simple, in a nutshell" version as well, that's all!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-nightwfdis-this-place-really-this-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1fb4a08f-1790-4d50-82c0-b0749e6d5d3cPost:dd5abd75-8363-420e-a6f0-ccd994939484">Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead? : I totally put that place on my list of places to try out!! it looks so good. Im so excited about this show, its awesome to see local restaurants and learn about new ones.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Um, best food ever. If you can swing it, try for a Sunday - if you like brunch food. But if you like sandwiches, pasta and pizza, a week day is the best option (On Sundays their brunch menu is available but the rest of the menu is a little limited).  Also, on week days they have difference specials each day - their burgers are to die for (like lamb burgers, bison burgers, stuff like that).  Love it, first place I take friends and family when they are in town.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-nightwfdis-this-place-really-this-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1fb4a08f-1790-4d50-82c0-b0749e6d5d3cPost:a0253671-c8b9-4458-b734-6637c0067465">Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, no, I wasn't calling you long winded!  You gave an excellent, detailed response...but for someone that seems like a beginner, I thought it would be helpful to have the "simple, in a nutshell" version as well, that's all!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>No, you are totally right, simple would have been better. It's just not how my brain works! Sigh, your answer likely made WAY more sense to her!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-nightwfdis-this-place-really-this-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1fb4a08f-1790-4d50-82c0-b0749e6d5d3cPost:726a0d49-c595-42c6-9a6f-e2f1feda4abe">Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead? : No, you are totally right, simple would have been better. It's just not how my brain works! Sigh, your answer likely made WAY more sense to her!

But that's ok, because your info is important too--I just think reading the basic answer, and getting that, and then reading the more complicated answer is good!

• Options
    They do take a few hours to make from scratch. But I can post the recipe if you want. I don't think I'm a very good Pole either. That's the only Polish recipe I make. I have the recipe for Chrusciki (angel wings) but I haven't attempted those yet.

• Options
    And I have no idea why that weird line is in my post...
  • Options
    Hi, SB people.

I am trying to fit in on chit chat and/or find a way to only have to follow ONE board and still talk to everyone.

I think this effort is going to be futile.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Fishy, I see your sig here!  Clearly that means you need to just post here.

• Options
    Good Evening!

My niece is over so we are watching toddlers in tiaras, we started making rock candy, and dinner is in progress.  Cheeseburgers, waffle-fries, and garlic cauliflower...  yum!

• Options
    Oh man, I haven't made rock candy in ages. That sounds like fun. What flavors/colors are you making?
  • Options
    STAY HERE FISCHE!!
  • Options
    Keeping up with three conversations is impossible.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-nightwfdis-this-place-really-this-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1fb4a08f-1790-4d50-82c0-b0749e6d5d3cPost:31a4462e-6a28-48e6-ba46-ec86ef66227f">Re: Sunday Night/WFD/Is this place really this dead?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Evening! My niece is over so we are watching toddlers in tiaras, we started making rock candy, and dinner is in progress.  Cheeseburgers, waffle-fries, and garlic cauliflower...  yum!  
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>Toddlers and Tiaras really disturbs me.  I can't watch it.</div><div>
    </div><div>On the other hand, waffle fries are amazing and are the opposite of disturbing.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm watching T&T right now in between games!

I shouldn't support it by watching it, BUT I CANT HELP IT.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    hola ladies. I'm catching up on Biggest Loser, cause there's nothing else on tv. H is making fried rice with chicken, so I'll have some of that. For now, I just finished a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. Not the healthiest, but at this point I'm just happy if I can eat anything at all. Speaking of which, I've lost almost 5 pounds in the last 2 and a half weeks. oops.
  • Options
    Hello all!  I'm sitting next to FI on the couch as he watches more football.

I made crockpot lemon garlic chicken for dinner with some steamed broccoli and whole wheat pasta.  It was delish!
  • Options
    Congrats Steph!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards