Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF

I sneezed six times in about a minute.  I don't know what sort of omen that is. 

Re: FFF

• edited December 2011
    I flame myself for forgetting  my wallett and phone at home this morning! I hope it doesn't mean the rest of the day will take this turn.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:94c164a9-cb97-4f32-9312-c5b315bc96f8">FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sneezed six times in about a minute.  I don't know what sort of omen that is. 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

This is my husbands normal sneeze every.single.time.
  • edited December 2011
    There was this wife on another board who wanted her husband to get her a Valentine's Day, Birthday and Anniversary card their first year of marriage with the the word 'wife' written on the card.  She also wanted the card to express his feelings to a 'T' and be sweet.  What does she get?  A funny card with 'wife' not preprinted on the card but he included a sweet, heartfelt note.  What happens?  She thinks the world will end because while the note was sweet, all in all it wasn't sweet and she was able to find a card that expressed exactly how she felt about him, lucky her.  Idiot.  A freaking card does not determine our husbands love for us.  I hope she looks back and sees how stupid she's being.

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:5b55b0d8-a52d-46e9-90b7-e6989129ee60">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was this wife on another board who wanted her husband to get her a Valentine's Day, Birthday and Anniversary card their first year of marriage with the the word 'wife' written on the card.  She also wanted the card to express his feelings to a 'T' and be sweet.  What does she get?  A funny card with 'wife' not preprinted on the card but he included a sweet, heartfelt note.  What happens?  She thinks the world will end because while the note was sweet, all in all it wasn't sweet and she was able to find a card that expressed exactly how she felt about him, lucky her.  Idiot.  A freaking card does not determine our husbands love for us.  I hope she looks back and sees how stupid she's being.
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]
    Nope.  I bet she'll still bring it up in ten years and he'll get tired of it and leave her.
  • edited December 2011
    I flame myself for eating kind crappy this week and instead of losing a pound like I wanted, I gained one :-(  I know one is not that big of a deal, but if I had just eaten like I was supposed to, this wouldn't of happened!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Shortgirl,
    I am generally two.  My dad and brother are three all the time.  I go three every now and then.  This was so bad that I could barely see for about a minute and lost most of the mascara that I put on. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:5b55b0d8-a52d-46e9-90b7-e6989129ee60">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was this wife on another board who wanted her husband to get her a Valentine's Day, Birthday and Anniversary card their first year of marriage with the the word 'wife' written on the card.  She also wanted the card to express his feelings to a 'T' and be sweet.  What does she get?  A funny card with 'wife' not preprinted on the card but he included a sweet, heartfelt note.  What happens?  She thinks the world will end because while the note was sweet, all in all it wasn't sweet and she was able to find a card that expressed exactly how she felt about him, lucky her.  Idiot.  A freaking card does not determine our husbands love for us.  I hope she looks back and sees how stupid she's being.

Over a card? He must be a great husband if this is all she has to complain about... She's just fishing for issues.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:5b55b0d8-a52d-46e9-90b7-e6989129ee60">Re: FFF</a>:

My DH didn't even get me a card for Valentines day. He wrote me a personal note on a piece of printer paper that expressed his feelings himself, instead of letting Hallmark do it for him and left it on the counter for me to find when I got home. Guess we should get a divorce.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:134b651c-372d-4bb9-bc24-207611d94bdd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Nope.  I bet she'll still bring it up in ten years and he'll get tired of it and leave her.  Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

Oh she sat him down and talked about it and he said he will work on it.  Something heartfelt from your DH or something prefabricated from Hallmark (don't get me wrong, they have some great cards)?  Geez, I don't know???   
  • edited December 2011
    I flame newbies who don't introduce themselves. Don't get me wrong, I love new people and totally welcome them to the board but it's annoying when they start posting on our weekly topic threads without introducing themselves first because I'm left thinking "awesome... And who are you?" So, in honor of FFF, I'm putting that out there. Introduce yourself! We want to know about you and your wedding! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:9cde8d86-a624-4da2-b70b-9d47746cf6a9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : My DH didn't even get me a card for Valentines day. He wrote me a personal note on a piece of printer paper that expressed his feelings himself, instead of letting Hallmark do it for him and left it on the counter for me to find when I got home. Guess we should get a divorce.  Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Get in line.  I haven't received a card since we got married; it's become a joke with DH and I though and had he not pointed out he felt a little bad, I wouldn't have ever noticed.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:5118edb3-eeca-4f08-806c-7e14347a4048">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Get in line.  I haven't received a card since we got married; it's become a joke with DH and I though and had he not pointed out he felt a little bad, I wouldn't have ever noticed.

He gets me cards when it's appropriate. He's gotten me the first "wife" card, I believe my birthday. But, I would NEVER turn down a heartfelt letter written by him instead of a card. And he always writes his own notes inside the card, he never just signs them. I never even care what the card itself says. This girl sounds like a brat whose DH is in for a long and hard life. I hope she realizes eventually it's not about what he gets her, it's about what they have together and the relationship. Sounds like he treats her great and she needs to grow the eff up.
  • edited December 2011
    I flame N&M. I like her and I know that it has been said before but I feel that the majority of her posts are argumentative and it seems that she just looks for any opportunity to disagree with any poster that has different opinions than her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:fd13180c-376f-41f9-968e-f889014adf2f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame N&M. I like her and I know that it has been said before but I feel that the majority of her posts are argumentative and it seems that she just looks for any opportunity to disagree with any poster that has different opinions than her.
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

We have had our differences, fo sho. It makes it interesting sometimes, though. Sometimes it's good to have different points of view and opinions. If we all agreed all the time it'd be awfully boring.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:99ed34cf-0bb7-4a14-918d-d5f1e48300da">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : We have had our differences, fo sho. It makes it interesting sometimes, though. Sometimes it's good to have different points of view and opinions. If we all agreed all the time it'd be awfully boring.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

That's true and I get it but I just feel like she TRIES to always be opposite from everyone. But like I said, I do like her, it just gets old seeing that if there is a thread where something is being debated she jumps in and starts arguing everyone elses point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • edited December 2011
    FFF IS HERE!!!!!

I flame Grapevine Police! FI and myself both got off at 10pm last night. We thought Pluckers (a new wing bar) was open, but it wasn't so we went to Tilted Kilt to watch the Mavs and he eat. We were driving home on Mustang and my radar went off (I gave FI my radar dectector-I don't have as heavy as a foot as I once did), and it started going off. We saw the cop trying to turn into the parking lot of Panther/Mustang Stadium. We went down our street, and I looked in the side mirror to try to see what the utility people were doing and that cop came turning fast. I'm like why is the cop fallowing us? FI wasn't speeding or anything. Out of nowhere he turns on his lights, and FI started getting pissed. We pulled into our driveway (which was good cus I had to use the restroom). The cop yelled at me when I was trying to get out to use the restroom and he told me to hold it. He then got upset at FI because he wasn't wearing corrective lens. He said he got laser done (which is true).Cop questioned him asking him why was his DL not changed.
     He pulls him over for a headlight out. I'm like ok so thats no big deal. I've gotten pulled over MANY times in my other "lemon" car for that. He came back and I begged him to let me go inside MY OWN HOUSE to use the restroom. He gave me a **ck you look and told me to hurry in and go with a rude attitude. He gave FI a FREAKING ticket for his light out, which we had NO IDEA it was out!!!!! It prob. just went out when we left Tilted Kilt too!!!!

Luckly I looked online/called the police dept. and if he shows he got his light fixed it would be 10.00. I mean seriouslly, if you didn't know you get in trouble-I've never had that happen before.

I flame myself for being so nausated and dizzy this whole week. I think it's stress.

Flame done :)
    edited December 2011
    She's better about coming over for other things than just something that could be seen as political/polarizing.  However that was all she showed up for in the beginning.  I am coming around to N&M.  I don't think she's so bad. 

Natalie,
    I'm with you.  I have no idea who 1/3 (maybe more, maybe less) of the girls are now. 

And, I don't understand the middle school's need to baby these kids.  Second chance breakfast?  Why should I have to listen to crunching, pick up extra trash, etc just because someone didn't get up ten minutes earlier to have their bowl of cereal?  Plus, it's not like they're serving great stuff:  one of my student's is eating the Doritos he bought there. 
  • tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm flaming my whole frikkin' week. It has been horrific. Between benchmarks, paperwork, eligibility, my ex, and tending sick children, I'm exhausted.
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge

Photobucket
    When we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:d67c59f9-d01e-4b1a-9004-19a02b8c3540">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]FFF IS HERE!!!!! I flame Grapevine Police! FI and myself both got off at 10pm last night. We thought Pluckers (a new wing bar) was open, but it wasn't so we went to Tilted Kilt to watch the Mavs and he eat. We were driving home on Mustang and my radar went off (I gave FI my radar dectector-I don't have as heavy as a foot as I once did), and it started going off. We saw the cop trying to turn into the parking lot of Panther/Mustang Stadium. We went down our street, and I looked in the side mirror to try to see what the utility people were doing and that cop came turning fast. I'm like why is the cop fallowing us? FI wasn't speeding or anything. Out of nowhere he turns on his lights, and FI started getting pissed. We pulled into our driveway (which was good cus I had to use the restroom). The cop yelled at me when I was trying to get out to use the restroom and he told me to hold it. He then got upset at FI because he wasn't wearing corrective lens. He said he got laser done (which is true).Cop questioned him asking him why was his DL not changed.  He pulls him over for a headlight out. I'm like ok so thats no big deal. I've gotten pulled over MANY times in my other "lemon" car for that. He came back and I begged him to let me go inside MY OWN HOUSE to use the restroom. He gave me a **ck you look and told me to hurry in and go with a rude attitude. He gave FI a FREAKING ticket for his light out, which we had NO IDEA it was out!!!!! It prob. just went out when we left Tilted Kilt too!!!! Luckly I looked online/called the police dept. and if he shows he got his light fixed it would be 10.00. I mean seriouslly, if you didn't know you get in trouble-I've never had that happen before. I flame myself for being so nausated and dizzy this whole week. I think it's stress. Flame done :)
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]
    The Grapevine PD are not nearly as bad as Southlake or Colleyville.  I got a ticket the Friday before Mom died by them for my inspired inspection.  Did I agree with it?  Heck no but I sucked it up and took care of it.  At least it wasn't for a moving violation and, so long as you take care of it within the amount of time, it won't go on his record.  Plus G-vine gives a month for stuff like that.  Euless only gives ten days.
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame the post office.  I went this morning for them to weigh my Invite and they told me it was going to be $1.39.  There is no way.  She went on explain, I need 3 x $0.44 and an additional $0.07 however I choose.  I went back to my office and weighed it... It's like 1.3 ounces... that's like $0.61!  Ugh... whatever... I'm just going to put that $0.61 stamp on there.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:bafcae5f-0ef7-4a3e-858e-360ed0eae163">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the post office.  I went this morning for them to weigh my Invite and they told me it was going to be $1.39.  There is no way.  She went on explain, I need 3 x $0.44 and an additional $0.07 however I choose.  I went back to my office and weighed it... It's like 1.3 ounces... that's like $0.61!  Ugh... whatever... I'm just going to put that $0.61 stamp on there.
    Posted by MissAngel[/QUOTE]

It also depends on the shape and size of the invite. Not always the weight. I only say this because the last thing you want is all your invites sent back to you. Try going to another person or another post office to get a quote.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually like N&M sure she stirs the pot sometimes but it creates for some interesting reading and a different point of view and her shoes in her sig for a while were HOT!

I flame the post office too I mailed my invites on Tues.  Five local DFW people have gotten theirs and even one (that I know of) in Omaha got theirs, but I still have not received the one I mailed to myself!
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:eca788be-9893-425e-8b56-8905d15b1401">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : It also depends on the shape and size of the invite. Not always the weight. I only say this because the last thing you want is all your invites sent back to you. Try going to another person or another post office to get a quote.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

Mine is a regular, flat card size, not square or with embellishments or anything.  Just a regular pocketfold style invite.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I admit I was really looking forward to my first "wife" card.

I agree with Brooke.

One V-day a couple of years ago I told Ben all I wanted for V-day was a handwritten love letter.  You should have seen how well that went over.  I got one though, heh.

I have the most terrible attitude ever right now.  I hate my job, my hair, how I look, just about everything.  I'm supposed to go to a church retreat this weekend and I really am not even in the right mindset for it at all but maybe it will help.

WR flame:  I really hate chair sashes.  I don't know why but just the sight of them makes my blood boil.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stephie, I agree with Brooke too.  I've said it before though.  I think that N&M enjoys playing the other side of arguements, so I understand what she's doing.  But I really can expect/predict that if there's a hot button topic to discuss, she's going join in the conversation and generally cause a little controversy. 

Now that I expect it, it doesn't bother me as much.  However, I don't really like when words get twisted and then the whole arguement goes down a huge scary BAD path.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame shower dress shopping yesterday.  I almost cried.  Seriously.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:04d67d66-6080-4afc-9c8d-d2ec75af8543">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I admit I was really looking forward to my first "wife" card. I agree with Brooke. One V-day a couple of years ago I told Ben all I wanted for V-day was a handwritten love letter.  You should have seen how well that went over.  I got one though, heh. <strong>I have the most terrible attitude ever right now.  I hate my job, my hair, how I look, just about everything.</strong>  I'm supposed to go to a church retreat this weekend and I really am not even in the right mindset for it at all but maybe it will help. WR flame:  I really hate chair sashes.  I don't know why but just the sight of them makes my blood boil.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    Me too. Everything sucks right now (except my hair, I love my hair) and I feel like I can't do anything to make things better. I know things could be a lot worse, but still, everything sucks.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:317b03a0-b490-4c93-9ff9-e0913367eacc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Mine is a regular, flat card size, not square or with embellishments or anything.  Just a regular pocketfold style invite.
    Posted by MissAngel[/QUOTE]

<div>Is your pocketfold thick?  I was told my petal invites cost more to mail because they were "sturdy" or harder to bend.</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:04d67d66-6080-4afc-9c8d-d2ec75af8543">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I admit I was really looking forward to my first "wife" card. I agree with Brooke. One V-day a couple of years ago I told Ben all I wanted for V-day was a handwritten love letter.  You should have seen how well that went over.  I got one though, heh.<strong> I have the most terrible attitude ever right now.</strong>  I hate my job, my hair, how I look, just about everything.  I'm supposed to go to a church retreat this weekend and I really am not even in the right mindset for it at all but maybe it will help. WR flame:  I really hate chair sashes.  I don't know why but just the sight of them makes my blood boil.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    I think this is me too.  I hate many aspects of my job currently.  If it wasn't for the students and their parents, I might have given up long ago.  Most of this year, I have felt this way and I think I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact that with my mom dying and my dad being in the hospital from Oct. 25th through Dec. 10th I just haven't enjoyed work quite as much as I always do.  I would rather chalk it up though to something ordinary like PMS.  But I have a serious case of the blahs.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd5181b3-a4ed-418e-b038-7e29256c9ab3Post:1e58f388-b806-414e-a9ab-2c033c96775b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Me too. Everything sucks right now (except my hair, I love my hair) and I feel like I can't do anything to make things better. I know things could be a lot worse, but still, everything sucks.
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I really want to cut my hair or something.  It is too thin for the length I have it, I don't have nearly enough of it, I'm sick of extensions, it's too blonde, it's just ick.

Something happened at work that  I need to just get over but I can't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards