Snarky Brides

tk confessions

Re: tk confessions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:e2b1953f-7f68-4891-89a2-fe1f9a40a256">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Birthdays and Christmas were pretty much the only time I DIDN'T have to write a thank-you note growing up. Sorry Nebb, doing it wrong.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

We had to write them for birthdays, but not Christmas. That's part of the reason I liked Christmas so much better. As a kid, I thought writing thank you notes was the most grueling thing ever.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:e2b1953f-7f68-4891-89a2-fe1f9a40a256">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Birthdays and Christmas were pretty much the only time I DIDN'T have to write a thank-you note growing up. Sorry Nebb, doing it wrong.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

This might sound stupid, but what else was there growing up?  Graduation?  Or just random gifts?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:46cbc44a-305a-4597-b8ff-f264e8f5e538">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tk confessions : This might sound stupid, but what else was there growing up?  Graduation?  Or just random gifts?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Random gifts, graduation, spend the night at someone's house, go on vacation with a friend...that kind of thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:46cbc44a-305a-4597-b8ff-f264e8f5e538">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tk confessions : This might sound stupid, but what else was there growing up?  Graduation?  Or just random gifts?

Plus religious stuff... First Holy Communion, Confirmation, etc.
  • I am also not 100% behind the suggestion that newbs should lurk before posting.  I get that it would be helpful if they looked to see if their question has already been answered 1,000 times that is really the only benefit I can see.  I know some suggest lurking so that newbs can pick up the "vibe" of the board but you wouldn't expect a new friend in real life to sit in a corner and listen to you and your existing friends sit and chat before they could contribute would you?  Plus, I think it give the person lurking a false sense of security because they know all of this information about posters but the posters know nothing about the newb.  So the newb comes in with guns blazing and they get shot down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:ac8f06d0-af36-4b4a-9713-4d550d12eb89">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tk confessions : I think it depends on the region of Indiana? All of the weddings I've been to here, except one, have been partial hosted/partial cash. SIL's wedding was the only full open bar (and we took definite advantage of that). I wonder if part of the reason people around this area of the country get piss drunk at open bar receptions is because open bar isn't as common, so people see that and think 'hellz yes, imma get wasted for free.'
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>It probably does vary by region, and also probably by social circles too..  I've been to weddings in the South Bend area (where I'm from), West Lafayette, and Indy.  The cash bar one was in SB.  </div><div>
    </div><div>But I've noticed that northern, central and southern IN are all very different places in general Northern IN is more industrial, central IN is the Indianapolis metro area/more urban-ish, and southern IN is more rural. So it's really not a surprise that wedding traditions/etiquette would vary between them too.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:34d6b92f-7e68-4efd-bfc7-c6b3b44d3baa">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tk confessions : I totally agree with this.  When we went engagement ring shopping, I tried my ring on with the wedding band I wanted to make sure it looked good together. 
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing! I even asked the jeweler if they would be able to soldered (?) together.
  • You had to write a thank you note for spending the night at someone's house?  My hand would have fallen off.  We were always spending the night at each other's houses.

Ah, I didn't think of the religious stuff.  We weren't part of a church.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:ea12d547-e65d-4012-88ac-d6522949ef31">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also not 100% behind the suggestion that newbs should lurk before posting.  I get that it would be helpful if they looked to see if their question has already been answered 1,000 times that is really the only benefit I can see.  I know some suggest lurking so that newbs can pick up the "vibe" of the board but you wouldn't expect a new friend in real life to sit in a corner and listen to you and your existing friends sit and chat before they could contribute would you?  Plus, I think it give the person lurking a false sense of security because they know all of this information about posters but the posters know nothing about the newb.  So the newb comes in with guns blazing and they get shot down.

I can't give any legit fucks about any newb's problems if it's the first thing they post.  If a newb jumps in and posts for a while and we get to know them a bit and then they have a question or a problem I'm a little more likely to care and read and answer.  If the first thing a newb posts - guns blazing - is a long ass tirade about how terrible her FMIL is, then yeah, no.  Can't do it.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:cc4cffa2-36ae-446e-8fab-5391afbecf9f">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tk confessions : I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I don't care that guys post on here and I love charmin, but in one thread it seemed that the girls almost got flirty with Groom. He has like 40 posts and when he comes around everyone flocks to talk to him. I guess I just don't get it. In one thread the other day they were talking about a "look" that a wife gives her husband and one girl, Angel maybe, was saying that she's going to perfect her look and her H won't know what hit him. Really? You think that a "look" is going to just flabbergast your man? Get over yourself.<strong> Someone else in the thread was saying that Groom needed to watch out because he's attracting some of the ladies around here. </strong>Dude has like 40 posts. 40! If a girl with 40 posts came in here no one would bat an eye. I get that he's more memorable because he is a man, but everyone just seems to fall in love with him when he's around, yet with 40 posts, they don't even know him.
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

Puh-lease.  That was me.  I was joking. And guess what, the joke is that he has about 40 posts and everyone loves him. 
  • Muni, I think all the jokes in that thread went over Veggie's head.

I have mixed feeling about the lurking thing. On the one hand, I think it is a good idea to lurk a little bit, get a feel for the board, etc. However, when you know a ton about the posters and you've never said a word to them, it's kinda creepy. And I'm totally guilty of that, mostly here since I post more on E.
  • I have lurked on the Married Life board on TN for the better part of 2 years, but I don't really have any desire to post there. I just like to read it because it moves faster than TK and there is good dramaz sometimes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:ea12d547-e65d-4012-88ac-d6522949ef31">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also not 100% behind the suggestion that newbs should lurk before posting.  I get that it would be helpful if they looked to see if their question has already been answered 1,000 times that is really the only benefit I can see.  I know some suggest lurking so that newbs can pick up the "vibe" of the board but you wouldn't expect a new friend in real life to sit in a corner and listen to you and your existing friends sit and chat before they could contribute would you?  Plus, I think it give the person lurking a false sense of security because they know all of this information about posters but the posters know nothing about the newb.  So the newb comes in with guns blazing and they get shot down.

TK isn't joining a new group of friends. It's walking up to a group of strangers and randomly talking about yourself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:50c2b5e6-50bb-467d-a48a-1f941500dbfc">Re:tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing I hate about this place is how everyone needs to take a moment to talk about themselves. Re: cards. We now know what everyone did with their cards, awesome. Or cakes this morning. Glad we all got a chance to share that. It derails the flow of the thread away from its purpose and its freaking BORING.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Did I miss your confession Nebb?  I only see you throwing your 2 cents in on topics already covered. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:62bf79f5-d1d2-4c35-8eee-c22b7afaf99a">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]You had to write a thank you note for spending the night at someone's house?  My hand would have fallen off.  We were always spending the night at each other's houses. Ah, I didn't think of the religious stuff.  We weren't part of a church.

I was thinking  the same thing. A card for sleeping over? Random gifts? I mean, we always had to <em>say</em> thank you fo such things, but I don't see the point in a thank you card for them.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:tk confessions:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:tk confessions:One thing I hate about this place is how everyone needs to take a moment to talk about themselves. Re: cards. We now know what everyone did with their cards, awesome. Or cakes this morning. Glad we all got a chance to share that. It derails the flow of the thread away from its purpose and its freaking BORING.Posted by NebbDid I miss your confession Nebb?nbsp; I only see you throwing your 2 cents in on topics already covered.nbsp; Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    Ummmmmmmm that was my confession??? I also said something on the first page.
  • This one might be flammable, but if you've got a large chest and a strapless wedding dress, invest in a good bra and alterations. NO-ONE looks good with an armpit full of chicken cutlets. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:df8f0d0c-dd52-4534-98a9-c1221858fdc7">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This one might be flammable, but if you've got a large chest and a strapless wedding dress, invest in a good bra and alterations. NO-ONE looks good with an <strong>armpit full of chicken cutlets. </strong>
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you for that stunning visual. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:df8f0d0c-dd52-4534-98a9-c1221858fdc7">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This one might be flammable, but if you've got a large chest and a strapless wedding dress, invest in a good bra and alterations. NO-ONE looks good with an armpit full of chicken cutlets. 

Lol <3
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:df8f0d0c-dd52-4534-98a9-c1221858fdc7">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This one might be flammable, but if you've got a large chest and a strapless wedding dress, invest in a good bra and alterations. NO-ONE looks good with an armpit full of chicken cutlets. 

This would make a fantastic sig quote.  Do we have to ask each other permission for that? If so, permission requested.
    imageVacation
  • NO-ONE looks good with an armpit full of chicken cutlets.

I call that "barm"  (boob arm).  Nasty shiz!

My other confession is that most of the time, I'm afraid that I'll get jumped on for saying stupid stuff on the board so it usually takes me 3-4 retries to draft my response. 
  • Guess I didn't see that as a confession Nebb.  And the only thing I saw on the first page (other than the start and the WTH is everybody) was a comment on DW's which someone else mentioned first. 

• barm! I love it!

brandi, it's all yours :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I've never understood why people are so hardcore about invites. I don't see why it matters how they are adressed, hand written, printed or using lables. Or when they go out or what info is included. As long as you have all the info you need and things get places on time, who cares?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:f90ac6d0-f4a1-406e-a03d-7a0af108047b">Re:tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never understood why people are so hardcore about invites. I don't see why it matters how they are adressed, hand written, printed or using lables. Or when they go out or what info is included. As long as you have all the info you need and things get places on time, who cares?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one.

I get tired of the "you HAVE to do it THIS way."  No, you DON'T.  You may look like a twat, but you don't HAVE to follow the TK party line.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:a36cefe1-43ed-4585-aa69-ec685dabd4be">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tk confessions : This makes me laugh coming from you, AATB. I don't remember much from when you first started posting except long ass tirades about things.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Lol if it's gonna come from anyone it DEFINITELY needs to come from me.  I've got experience in this shiiit!  I know what I'm talking about!

And now, another chapter in the saga of the pot-smoking great uncle from Oregon and his clan of bra burning hippies who sleep under a canopy of cobwebs...
    panther
  • I've been lurking on ML on the TN proboard site, and there's someone who has over 1,700 posts with a  proboard join date of May 2012.  It's taken me 3 1/2 years to get 2,900 posts.  Damn. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a1e7c2bc-7cd5-40ba-be06-09d9cfd571bfPost:4c6fac02-8497-475f-8151-7ac16ce9b773">Re: tk confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]The GBCN proboard had some drama over the weekend.  They had a <strong>anonymous flameful confessions thread</strong> and someone talked smack about someone's kids.  The whole thread was deleted. The next day everyone was asking what happened so someone repeated what was said and got flamed a lot for repeating it even though people were asking what happened. Good times.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This just sounds like a drama starter though.
    imageVacation
  • I would never participate in an anonymous flameful confessions.  That would get out of hand in a real hurry I think.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards