Snarky Brides

Silly things you're scared of

Re: Silly things you're scared of

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    A gd Miller moth somehow flew out of the vent in my car straight into my face while I was driving.  Scared theshitt out of me and I almost wrecked the car.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • AATB, a few weeks ago, Michael was out of town so I had to go out and feed our outside cats and water a few plants. I left the porch light on at our back door and there were so many moths I was afraid to open the door because they would have come in the house. My very logical mind got a blow torch out of the shed and cleaned up the mnth problem so I could go inside. My back yard is pretty much on Main St. in my town, and there was a cop parked behind my house, clocking. I didn't see him, but about 2 mins after I blow torched my way into the house, I had a cop at my door. Guess he thought someone was trying to break into the house or something. He looked a little suspicious when I explained what I was doing, so I took him to the back yard to show him the charred corpses laying around. I don't think he was amused at my great moth killing idea. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:a592c489-b04d-4206-b228-7111b1c66625">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jurassic Park gave me nightmares for months.  I can not watch them to this day.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I think H is still a little freaked out by Jurassic Park.  I know it scared him when he was little.  I love that movie.

AATB, I'm pretty sure I will never understand anything farther about ET.  I don't see myself ever willingly watching it again.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I have an irrational fear of blood (not in small amounts) in large amounts. I can't watch any of those ER shows, or if someone is bleeding bad in front of me, I am useless. I passed out once from seeing a friend's broken nose and she was in a pool of blood. Since then, I have this irrational fear and hate getting my blood drawn.

Along those lines, I also get creeped out by weird scars, stitches, or a healing injury where you can see the bone jutting out a bit. I get really queasy from those things.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh my god Dmills. Only you. :)<3
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:04616326-9147-4c35-a79c-7144dfe687f6">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silly things you're scared of : Similar to this- I get creeped out by sleeping with our bedroom door open. It feels too exposed. H wants it that way so I gave in, but I prefer it to be shut.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't sleep if ANY doors are open. I always close every door in the house before sleeping. Laundry room, downstairs bathroom, guest room, closet, bathroom. For some reason they can't even be cracked.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Dmills- I just imagine someone running around like a crazy person with a blowtorch going after little moths. I'm sure thats not how it went down, but it made me chuckle.

imageVacation
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:6d3f1258-eaa9-4d9b-8087-df6064f2ee50">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, a few weeks ago, Michael was out of town so I had to go out and feed our outside cats and water a few plants. I left the porch light on at our back door and there were so many moths I was afraid to open the door because they would have come in the house. My very logical mind got a blow torch out of the shed and cleaned up the mnth problem so I could go inside. My back yard is pretty much on Main St. in my town, and there was a cop parked behind my house, clocking. I didn't see him, but about 2 mins after I blow torched my way into the house, I had a cop at my door. Guess he thought someone was trying to break into the house or something. He looked a little suspicious when I explained what I was doing, so I took him to the back yard to show him the charred corpses laying around. I don't think he was amused at my great moth killing idea. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

A blowtorch???  Awesome!
    Whoever gets AATB for Secret Santa must get her a moth torch.
  • Ocean monsters. Not sharks per say, but the gigantic or teeny tiny monsters that haven't yet been discovered. I'm convinced they are out there, and are waiting for me.

I can easily sike myself out. Like, I'll wonder what I'd do if someone was lurking on tthe other side of the shower curtain, and then I'm afraid to look.

Going into a bank. I don't know what to do and it freaks me out having to fill out the slips.

I also won't do any kind of ghost or alien summmoning activity just in case. You never know.
  • Dmills I'm trying so hard not to laugh that I've got tears in my eyes.  Those poor moths never saw it coming.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:ff52853f-1dbc-42d9-8d30-8ed9b94b37fb">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silly things you're scared of : WHAT? holy shiiiiiiit.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Yup, true story.  I basically hold my breath and go through as fast (but carefully) as I can.  I don't like there to be any other people in other sections of the door in case they want to go at a different speed.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:7950aef0-0fb3-4929-a098-1888b78da6ce">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and when I'm in a restaurant, I MUST sit so I can see out.  I can not sit with people behind me.  It makes me way too nervous.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>H is like this, too. He said he likes to be prepared in case he has to defend me. AW!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:a2ca0506-e2e3-43fc-a0a2-950630fcb94a">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am deathly afraid of moths.  This is legit.  A few weeks ago a moth flew into our house and I friggen flipped ass until BJ killed it.  I'm also deathly afraid of bees.  A bee flies by when I'm taking the dog for a walk or something and I'm telling you - the fear is paralyzing.  I feel like my entire body just freezes up and if I don't compose myself I'll just collapse into a pathetic puddle on the ground. Also I'm afraid of the dark.  WHATEVER. <strong>I'm a nervous traveler.  I can think of a billion ways to die while I'm traveling somewhere, be it by car or plane or whatever.  Plane rides are getting worse the older I get.  And every time I take a long road trip I always imagine someone smashing into me, a truck running me over or like a tire falling off or exploding or something else equally crazy.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

All of this.  Also, driving next to trucks.  I think I am going to get swept underneath them, so I have to pass them as fast as possible.
  • This is weird but sometimes toilets creep me out.  When I was little I remember watching an episode of "Rescue 911" (or something like that)  and apparently a huge ass snake somehow found a nice little home nestled in someone's toilet bowl.  You can bet your bottom I check everytime I go to the bathroom!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:df7f6ea0-794a-43f2-bb8b-7ccd8b313195">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmills- I just imagine someone running around like a crazy person with a blowtorch going after little moths.<strong> I'm sure thats not how it went down,</strong> but it made me chuckle.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    nope, that's pretty much exactly how it went down. I hate those little bastards!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    I can't stand tunnels, either.  I'm always convinced they're on the verge of collapse when I'm inside them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:aa1edf91-7626-47bf-8b9d-869db511f85a">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silly things you're scared of : nope, that's pretty much exactly how it went down. I hate those little bastards!

I would like to thank you for making my day. lol
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:6d3f1258-eaa9-4d9b-8087-df6064f2ee50">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, a few weeks ago, Michael was out of town so I had to go out and feed our outside cats and water a few plants. I left the porch light on at our back door and there were so many moths I was afraid to open the door because they would have come in the house. My very logical mind got a blow torch out of the shed and cleaned up the mnth problem so I could go inside. My back yard is pretty much on Main St. in my town, and there was a cop parked behind my house, clocking. I didn't see him, but about 2 mins after I blow torched my way into the house, I had a cop at my door. Guess he thought someone was trying to break into the house or something. He looked a little suspicious when I explained what I was doing, so I took him to the back yard to show him the charred corpses laying around. I don't think he was amused at my great moth killing idea. 

LOL this is hysterical.
    panther
  • My other thing, I've talked about before. I'm afraid of little people. I know it's terrible, and I feel like a really bad person that they make me so scared, but I can't help it. I've been very afraid of them since I was a little kid. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:e3b65091-741c-454f-b683-94cfd6177258">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't stand tunnels, either.  I'm always convinced they're on the verge of collapse when I'm inside them.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the city made me very used to tunnels.  Sometimes I get a little weirded out on the way to Logan though when it feels like forever.  What I don't like is bridges.  High in the sky, rusted bridges.  It bothers me most when traffic is stopped.  I feel like I need to  start googling weight limits and stuff.  If I see more than 1 tractor trailer on a bridge in traffic I get nervous.</div>
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    Now I'm picturing the cop going back to the station later that night and telling everyone about the crazy blowtorch woman eliminating the moth population of the entire county.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:e3b65091-741c-454f-b683-94cfd6177258">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't stand tunnels, either.  I'm always convinced they're on the verge of collapse when I'm inside them.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Im like that with bridges. I sometimes have nightmares that i wil be driving on a big high bridge and when I get to the top it turns out they didnt finish it and everyone is driving off the end. The thing that sucks is that you have to drive over a huge ass bridge in both directions to get out of the area I live in (unless you want to take long detours)
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't like bridges that are made of grates--I think they're mostly used as drawbridges over waterways. In fact, I don't much care for drawbridges, especially when you're the first car waiting in line for it to go up and down. I'm always afraid it's going to come crashing back down on the cars.

I prefer the old swing/turnstile bridges.
  • The Rescue 911 thing reminds me, when I was like, 9 or 10 years old my parents were watching something - like 20/20 or whatever - and there was someone on there that said something about how girls as young as 10 years old were getting pregnant.  For a few months I thought I was pregnant after that, lol.  We learned about periods and pregnancy in school that year because one of the girls got her period, but for real, I used to look at my body in the mirror, think my tummy was sticking out a little and then I was convinced I was pregnant.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:1d84be7f-2585-4e86-8082-5e558b597e31">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Rescue 911 thing reminds me, when I was like, 9 or 10 years old my parents were watching something - like 20/20 or whatever - and there was someone on there that said something about how girls as young as 10 years old were getting pregnant.  For a few months I thought I was pregnant after that, lol.  We learned about periods and pregnancy in school that year because one of the girls got her period, but for real, I used to look at my body in the mirror, think my tummy was sticking out a little and then I was convinced I was pregnant.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Did you ever voice your concerns to your family? lol
    imageVacation
  • AATB, that's pretty funny... I'm sure you were a bit freaked out at the time though ;)

I'm also terrified of planes, but I think I've mentioned that fun fact before.  I've never been on one and I'd probably need to be roofied to get on one.  
  • Oh also I hate driving underneath overpasses.  There are a few in Fargo that I have to go under and trains are always going across them.  I always kiss my palm and touch the roof of my car when I'm driving under them, and I refuse to come to a stop underneath them.  If that's where I'll end up in traffic I'll just stop before I get underneath the overpass.  No friggen way am I gonna sit under there, especially if a flippin freight train is rumbling over it.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:94010982-d5ee-4024-9841-34e2c5a39124">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silly things you're scared of : Im like that with bridges. I sometimes have nightmares that i wil be driving on a big high bridge and when I get to the top it turns out they didnt finish it and everyone is driving off the end. The thing that sucks is that you have to drive over a huge ass bridge in both directions to get out of the area I live in (unless you want to take long detours)
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I have to go over the Mothman bridge about once a year, and it always terrifies me. If the bridge doesn't collapse, I still have to worry about that big hooligan swooping down and fuuuucking me up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Put me on the bridge bench too.  There's a particular one in Charleston that I make H drive in the middle lane, because for some reason, I feel safer going over it that way (completely ridiculous, I am aware) and I catch myself holding my breath everytime. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:1d84be7f-2585-4e86-8082-5e558b597e31">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Rescue 911 thing reminds me, when I was like, 9 or 10 years old my parents were watching something - like 20/20 or whatever - and there was someone on there that said something about how girls as young as 10 years old were getting pregnant.  For a few months I thought I was pregnant after that, lol.  We learned about periods and pregnancy in school that year because one of the girls got her period, but for real, I used to look at my body in the mirror, think my tummy was sticking out a little and then I was convinced I was pregnant.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Ha, I used to do this too. Whenever I was a day late or whatever I was convinced I was pregnant. Never mind the fact that I'd never even kissed a guy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards