Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good Morning!

Re: Good Morning!

• Good morning.  I'm one of the idiots that bought a starter house right before the market crashed.  Who is totally upside down on her house?  That would be this girl.  But whatev, it will work out in the end hopefully. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Fezz, I did the same thing!  It's addicting.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I want to know the craziness, rosie. But that's just because I'm nosy. And already bored at work.

Our landlords are nice, just a pain because they live right next door. They have a maid and H takes care of their yard, so their house always looks perfect. Ours, meanwhile, is old and falling apart and let's face it, I don't sweep or do the dishes every day. So they tell us we need to clean up more often. Well then, send your damn maid our way.
  • Aww, I just got a "congratulations on your recent marriage" email from the electric company. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I wish we still rented.  Le sigh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D ACTUALLY DO IT!! But YGPM back.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Morning. Sitting in the doctors office with DH. He has a 101 temp, cough, sore throat, etc. This day is starting out great.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2011
    Morning! 

Rosie - Your friend sounds like she has one screw short of a box.  Holy stalkerish.

cfaz - Your trip sounds amazing.  Eating my weight in plantains and margaritas.  Yes please.

Stacks - Good luck with the house hunt.  You guys have a great attitude.

We ended up renting a 3bdrm condo because we needed a garage and storage for Fl's equipment, but now it won't be ready until maybe august, so we have to try to cohabitate in Fl's super tiny 1bdrm condo.  I don't like living in a split level house.  I'm really self conscious about my... ummm... noises...  ummm... ya.

16 days till my wedding and 18 days till costa rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (yes, that deserves that many explanation marks)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:0d191bc8-b2f6-4a4c-8e21-08d3350e1749">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've also just spent 5 minutes playing with the Google header .
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Fezz. Now I did too!

I don't feel so hot this morning guys. The cranky hormone levels are high, my stomach hurts, I feel sick and I'm super tired. Is possible I will be mostly on lurker setting today.

Oh, and? So I gained 4 pounds on vacation (no surprise when you vacation with the dude who eats ice cream twice a day), but as of yesterday had lost 2 of those pounds. But this morning I had gained an additional 4 pounds. Hello, metabolism- WTF is wrong with you? I didn't eat anything out of bounds yesterday. Oatmeal, salad and chicken. 4 pounds. Ugh. I feel roly and poly and I'm worried about my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. As of last appointment I had only gained 4 pounds since panda cub moved in, but if this doesn't change I'll have gained 10. I'd really love to do this gradually. Argh!
  • hehe I have no shame LVB.

I will post it in here. Sorry if some of you guys don't want to read it, just skip the craziness!

Warning: It is long. and probably semi confusing as she references a lot but never actually spells things out. I bolded the stuff that will make no sense to you.

There are so many things I want to tell you about the past year. Both of our lives have changed so much in such a short period of time; it’s crazy to think about. Now that I’ve started typing, I don’t really know what to say. I’d like to warn you that the next line is going to sound totally creepy, but it sort of explains what sparked my urge to email you. I got a new summertime job as a waitress in (town where my venue was). On my way to work a few Saturdays ago, I passed the (venue). I had no idea that when I glanced over, I’d see your entire family and bridal party. Talk about a double-take! I couldn’t believe the irony (and, speaking of irony- Kristen and her hubby and mom and mom’s her boyfriend were at the restaurant that same evening) .

The last time we ever spoke, over a year ago (another crazy thought), you told me, in no uncertain terms, the ways in which I’d wronged you. Your list, the details of which have blurred, confirmed what I’ve always known about our friendship: I always came second to someone else. High school, college, after college- it didn’t matter. There was always someone that I perceived that you perceived to be a better option than me. And it never failed that when those people faded away, or your friendships died, or you were no longer permitted to hang out with them*, there I was. At least, that was my perception. Clearly yours was different. And that is fine. I don’t need to be someone’s second place option. I don’t need to be told how to be a good friend. So, I removed myself from the situation.

I thought I was over all of this and was happy to move along in life with the mindset that friendships end, but then my Facebook blew up with pictures and congratulations and well wishers to you about your special day. And it was a special day. And then I started thinking. And I started to get really sad, over something of which I have no control.

I am sorry that our friendship will never be what it was and I’m sorry that we won’t get to share special moments in our lives. And I know this is silly, but I can’t see that anymore. I guess the bottom line is this. I hope that you are happy. And I want you to know that I think of you often; not with any feelings of ill will, only regret. I wrote this so that I could get some closure for myself. I don’t like to leave things unfinished and have felt for a long time that I needed to speak my piece (peace?).

I do hope you’re happy. I hope you have the happiest life anyone could ever have because you are one of the best people the world has ever known. I hope you know that regardless of anything or anyone or any situation, you will always hold a really special place in my heart.

*jab at my husband because she was convinced he would forbid me from hanging out with certain people. wtf?
  • Yeah, renting looks pretty good to me right now, too. But, like adamar, I bought this house (not really a starter) in 2007 RIGHT before the market tanked, so I am way underwater with my mortgage, too. AC problems notwithstanding, I like my house, so I plan on staying in it for a while.

Morning, ladies. I'm about to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast, then go to Home Depot with my dad. Good times.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:1037551a-d1ca-429b-8c99-f276dac434cc">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dude, Rosie, your friend has issues. Probably better off with her defriending you. Stacks, we have that same issue. There are lots of nice houses we can afford (probably), but they are in crappy areas. I LOVE the houses in an older part of town here, and they are ridiculously cheap with land, but it's an area that's "rebuilding" and sorry, I'm not willing to risk all my shiit getting stolen like others have while they clean up the area. I have nothing new to add, my days are usually the same old boring thing.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

You talkin' bout Springfield?!? Cause if you are, Imma gonna need you to PM me.

I was just planning on lurking right now, but I had to put that in there!

Morning! I'll be back :-)
  • oh, and I forgot to add HI CFASZ!! I missed you. Signed, your friendly stalker friend.
  • Rosie, that's crazycakes right there. Please tell me you're not going to respond. A) She's so not worth responding to. B) It'll drive her CRAZY if you don't respond. C) I'm afraid if you respond she'll perceive with her perceptors that your perception of her is ill perceived. (Seriously, somone buy her a thesaurus)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:306465f8-9c13-4a31-8fb2-1beaf1307ee2">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : You talkin' bout Springfield?!? Cause if you are, Imma gonna need you to PM me. I was just planning on lurking right now, but I had to put that in there! Morning! I'll be back :-)
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Yes, Springfield. Oh how you know me and my crappy town. I will PM you.
  • Can I just play with google all day and not work? That's so cool!

Hi Cfas! :::waves::: Glad you had a good trip, but could you please send the super hot, humid weather back where it was? Thanks. 

Rosie, that is crazy and super stalkerish and overall very creepy. You are better off without her. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:75a5d922-0a14-4339-bb2f-35cf54bccc8e">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosie, that's crazycakes right there. Please tell me you're not going to respond. A) She's so not worth responding to. B) It'll drive her CRAZY if you don't respond. C) I'm afraid if you respond she'll perceive with her perceptors that your perception of her is ill perceived. (Seriously, somone buy her a thesaurus)
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even know HOW to respond. H suggested I just send back "n/a" which for some reason really made him giggle at himself for a while last night.
  • We rent, too. We would love to buy because there are nice houses in our price range everywhere, but we have no down payment saved. We are going to work on that over the next 2 years and hopefully buy something then. 
  • Morning everyone!
    Very happy I made it through the game last night....fell asleep right after the B's won. 
    All this rent/owning house talk is going on in my office as well. My co-worker thinks I'm nuts for renting.  She keeps telling me "you might as well open a window and let your money fly out, cause that's what happens when you rent", and in the same breath, telling me how huge her mortgage is.  I'm all set with owning right now, I'd ideally like to find a place with cheaper rent next year, but FI has to live in the city because of his work contract, so city living it is for the next 5 years.  And one blessing of renting: in one month, our dishwasher, the bathroom sink, the garbage disposal and the toliet all had blown pipes.  Guess who didn't have to pay to get them fixed? Right.  If we had to pay for all of that out of our own pockets, we'd be screwed.  I keep telling my co-worker, "we'll buy when we're ready, we don't want to buy a place for 5 years downtown. It'll be too hard to dump when we're ready".  She keeps nagging me and saying the market won't stay down forever.  Really....we're good. 

4/29/12
  • booboo, I hate when people tell you how to spend/not spend your money. I own a very nice house that I love a lot, but I regret buying it. We are so shackled to that house for at least another three years. It makes me sad.
  • This is a P & R, but FI and I are on are way to get our marriage license.  After that, I'm getting my braces off.

YAY!
  • Sorry rosie, I actually think your friend's message to you seemed pretty genuine and not mean-spirited at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:ffcc70cb-8920-49c6-90ad-8f64324e49dc">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry rosie, I actually think your friend's message to you seemed pretty genuine and not mean-spirited at all.
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

I feel kind of bad not going into the long backstory about all of our issues.. so I can see why you would read it that way. I think sent from a different person I would have received it totally differently.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:440c9ec2-e2e5-49b9-a5a4-144db9da097e">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a P & R, but FI and I are on are way to get our marriage license.  After that, I'm getting my braces off. YAY!
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

YAY! How exciting! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:ffcc70cb-8920-49c6-90ad-8f64324e49dc">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry rosie, I actually think your friend's message to you seemed pretty genuine and not mean-spirited at all.
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

While I don't know the back story.  I agree.

I don't think she deleted you because she wasn't happy for you and didn't want to be happy for you, I'm reading that as she was sad she couldn't be a part of your happiness.  But that's just how she read it.

• CUTEST HOUSE ON THE PLANET.  Ugh.  I'm so sad.  However, even if it were in a great area we couldn't get it anyhow.  I'm mildly allergic to cats and Trevor is seriously allergic to cats and I'm still in the midst of an allergy attack.  I only smelled cat in the basement, but it was just enough to send me into itchy eyes and runny nose.  I would think it'd take a while to get the cat effect out after we moved in.  So that alone makes it a no go. 

SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!!  Boo. 
  • Manda, couldn't agree with you more.  Honestly, I'd love to own, but it's not the right time. I know how I get inside when something doesn't feel like a good idea, and anytime FI and I have gone to look at condos, I get a hivey/can't breathe/trapped feeling, and I know it's not a good thing.  FI and I getting married=good idea. I don't get that feeling. Putting tons of money into a house that I can't get rid of in 5 years when we can move out of town=give me an oxygen mask.  Part of it also is seeing my parents stuck in their "starter home"....35 years later. 
    4/29/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:440c9ec2-e2e5-49b9-a5a4-144db9da097e">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a P & R, but FI and I are on are way to get our marriage license.  After that, I'm getting my braces off. YAY!
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Woohoo! Have fun today!

</div>
  • My mother stole my shoes this morning.  My only black sandals without a heel I own.  And my pants are short, so they can't be worn with a heel. 

I had to steal hers which are very similar to mine, but they are a small wedge and sorta too old looking for my feet.  And I was late for work because of it.  Gah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-170?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0fb9d7-e846-4687-a2b4-15bb2f056176Post:9766e196-b82f-472b-aa0c-f2617f06a2de">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : I feel kind of bad not going into the long backstory about all of our issues.. so I can see why you would read it that way. I think sent from a different person I would have received it totally differently.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]
    I understand this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards