Favors

What to put on the koozie?!

I'm looking for something fun yet still classy.  Any suggestions for a phrase to put on the koozie favors?

Re: What to put on the koozie?!

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you having them made in bulk, or are you making them yourselves?  Just wondering if they will all the say the same thing or if you can personalize them.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen "To have and to hold and to keep your drink cold"
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_put-koozie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:b57337d5-1e68-4214-9106-9a853f3913d8Post:02404aa2-a202-48d4-b027-4f4bc8c99583">What to put on the koozie?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for something fun yet still classy.  Any suggestions for a phrase to put on the koozie favors?
    Posted by Elizabeth131[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of the poster above me. Although if you want something "classy"- choose another favor. There's nothing classy about koozies. They're fun and a great idea for a laidback, low budget bbq type reception.
    Photobucket
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I agree with jeanna.  koozie=/=classy.

Not that koozies are bad.  They're not. I use them myself.  But IMO,  if you're going for formal and elegant, I'd choose something other than a koozie.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    One of my friends gave koozies out at their wedding for favors.  They had it personalized with their names, wedding date, and some hearts.  I could honestly care less what is on my koozie.  A koozie is a koozie.  I wouldn't be more likely to use a plain koozie over a koozie with someone's name on it.  They're all the same to be.

But I agree, there's really nothing classy that you can put on a koozie.  Maybe find a quote that you and your FI like?
  • edited December 2011
    They will be massed produced.  I did not mean that the koozie was classy, I was referring to the saying, I don't want trashy, vulgar, or overused.
  • edited December 2011
    maybe tell us more about your wedding...
    do you have a theme?  what time of year is it? etc....
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had their names and the date on one side.  And on the other side it had "To have and to hold, and to keep your can cold".  I really liked them and still use it!
    Anniversary
  • S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about something generic, like maybe just a quote - - I personally wouldn't want any favor that had other people's names on it, but that is just me.
  • edited December 2011
    "Life, laughter, and happily ever after"
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011

Normally I would say avoid your names and date on the favor, but I know H and I have a ton of Koozies and we love remembering what they are from.  So I wouldn't hate if your name and date were on it.  Or just the date. 

I like "To have, to hold, to keep your drink cold."  Or something along those lines.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i agree - name and date should be on it.  i keep all koozies and like PP said...i like to remember when/where they are from. 

what about like "bride & groom tie the knot" with a knot on there? + the date.
    or "bride & grooms BIG DAY" with the date
    "cheers!"
    "Just Married"
    "eat drink & be married"

here is a site that has a bunch of ideas:
    http://www.totallykoozies.com/wedding_can_coolers.cfm?_kk=19f5b526-5ab4-4478-aefd-733f0a09fafc&_kt=4011054786&gclid=CIv-opXyzaQCFQICbAodPmE3CA
  • lohara27lohara27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw this, and I'm doing the koozie thing myself, I'lve attached a pic of what I think I'm going with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards